Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Northumberlandia photogrammetry
744 5 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone2621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

Combined some of my hobbies to bring to life a tourist attraction close to home. I  Shot the  footage with a Phantom4 drone and used photogrammetry along with reality capture to create the model.

Put the model in to  Unreal engine built a environment around it and captured footage inside of the engine. Used Iclone7 beta  for character  animation sequences and used hitfilm17 to put it all together and add colour grades , sound ,effects etc.

Northumberlandia She is 100 feet high and a quarter of a mile long and made of 1.5 million tonnes of rock, clay and soil. This makes her the World?s largest human landform sculpture.
http://www.northumberlandia.com   

2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.
2017-6-20
Use props
Bracco
Captain
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

interesting Nice idea
2017-6-20
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work, very talented my friend.
2017-6-21
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Drone2621:

Good work.

How many man-hours of editing did it take to produce this version?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-6-21
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the kind feedback its appreciated .

Augustus Brian, I spend about 8 hours on the edits in hitfilm . But before  that I composted each scene through hitfilm adding effects and sounds etc and that took about 10 hours so about 20 in total .

The most frustrating  part was the photogrammetry being such a large sculpture I had to use hundreds of screens shots from the drone footage and lots of tweaking inside of reality capture  and 3dmax lots of time spent getting the 3d model to look right and the textures right had to redo this process a few times before I got a model I was happy with .
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules