Spark Beginners Guide Video - Flying with your Phone - EXCELLENT!
9567 7 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

I stumbled across this YouTube Video by WonderWorx and was EXTREMELY impressed.  He does such a great job of explaining how to fly the Spark using a phone - and explaining what all the icons are, where they are located, and how to understand the settings.  I wish I'd have seen this video before I spent hours being frustrated and confused by trying to utilize the DJI manual(s) for the same purpose.  Thanks WonderWorx - and I hope this helps lots of fellow Spark owners.  Now, just hoping for DJI firmware and software updates to make the Spark function more closely to the advertised product  - with easy to use QuickShot modes!
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
United States

After 4 days of frustration, fear, apprehension, and admittedly some buyers remorse starting to kick in - I think I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  Being a 1st time drone flyer, I'm sure that others with a bit more experience will have fewer problems, and more confidence.  However, I didn't find the manuals all that intuitive, and I found that my 60 year old eyes had a hard time seeing the text and icons on the iPhone 6 Plus screen.  After deciding to double down on my Spark Fly More Combo package, and invest in a iPad mini 4 for more screen real estate and a less reflective screen itself, and watching the video above - I'm flying.  The pictures are anything special - but I TOOK THEM.  I was flying with confidence this morning, excited about the possibilities as I gain more confidence.  I'm still hoping that DJI can provide updates to make the QuickShots work better soon - but all in all, I'm excited.
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
United States

DJI_0026.JPG
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
United States

AirPhoto1.com Posted at 2017-6-21 06:08
After 4 days of frustration, fear, apprehension, and admittedly some buyers remorse starting to kick in - I think I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  Being a 1st time drone flyer, I'm sure that others with a bit more experience will have fewer problems, and more confidence.  However, I didn't find the manuals all that intuitive, and I found that my 60 year old eyes had a hard time seeing the text and icons on the iPhone 6 Plus screen.  After deciding to double down on my Spark Fly More Combo package, and invest in a iPad mini 4 for more screen real estate and a less reflective screen itself, and watching the video above - I'm flying.  The pictures are anything special - but I TOOK THEM.  I was flying with confidence this morning, excited about the possibilities as I gain more confidence.  I'm still hoping that DJI can provide updates to make the QuickShots work better soon - but all in all, I'm excited.

I am still learning how to add photos to my posts - hopefully it works better this time.  The photo's nothing special - but I'm TAKING PHOTOS!  Can't wait to start taking more!

1st Photo

1st Photo
2017-6-21
Use props
BigJon923
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Great shot. I've only been flying drones for a few months. At first it can be frustrating, but keep finding tutorials and keep practicing with it and it will get easier. Something that helped me was finding a local drone group on Facebook. There will be some more experienced flyers that can answer questions and help you through it all.
2017-6-21
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Great find---great video!
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1
Second Officer
United States

BigJon923 Posted at 2017-6-21 07:29
Great shot. I've only been flying drones for a few months. At first it can be frustrating, but keep finding tutorials and keep practicing with it and it will get easier. Something that helped me was finding a local drone group on Facebook. There will be some more experienced flyers that can answer questions and help you through it all.

BigJon, you're right about finding info by joining groups on Facebook - that's where I discovered the YouTube video I posted a link to.  Happy Flying!
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1
Second Officer
United States

I thought I'd add - that if you use an iPad 4 mini (likely any iPad mini) - this beginners video applies to that as well - makes it much easier to understand all the functions, and have greater confidence flying.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules