Wifi extender
12638 15 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAN.GER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31378 ft
Poland

Can I use wifi extender/repeater with Spark (no RC) ?

I use Xiaomi Wifi repeater with no problems with another drone (Zerotech).

When I try to connect to Spark, by the same way, Spark was recognized by repeater but it was not connected finally.

Any advice?

2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would highly doubt it.  Hell, you're lucky enough to be able to get the RC or phone connected to the Spark without issue.
2017-6-21
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I did try today as well, Mi repeater can recognize Spark wifi, but cannot establish the repeat channel.
As I have read that Spark automatically rotates between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 Ghz (Whichever create stable connection). So my guess could be because it is jumping back and forth between the 2 frequencies, however, the Mi repeater can only work with 2.4 Ghz.
What you could try is making Spark stick to the 2.4 Ghz (Following this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html), then try to establish the repeater again.
Let us know if it works. Thanks.
2017-6-28
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

You can, I don't know if it will void the warranty or if it will actually extend the range.... has anyone brought these exact ones, they are the only ones I can find for the spark http://amzn.to/2sqbU8r
2017-6-29
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Any progress on this from those who have a Spark ? The limit would still be 100 meters but it would give some "backup" range ! Thanks !
2017-7-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Maybe you can try this.
ARGtek Mavic Pro/Spark WiFi Range Extender Kit

s-l1600.jpg
2017-7-6
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Thanks for the suggestion but a tad more involved than firing up a tiny repeater like the Xiaomi ;-)
2017-7-7
Use props
hungbobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128038 ft
Hong Kong

Correct if I am wrong, both the parabolic antenna booster and the ARGtek WiFi Signal Range Extender are for the remote controller. On the other hand, you can use a Wifi repeater, like the Xiaomi dual band Wifi router (which can be powered from a power bank thru' micro usb, so somewhat "portable") to extend the range from the Spark to your smartphone.
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i was going to test my repeater up on my barn, on the outside but then i realized its too damn old.. it would work on 2.4Ghz only and it wouldn't be low latency at all, it would probably add 200ms.. other issue i would have is it's not stable it's just too old and been exposed to -10F winters and +100F summers for years and not taken it too well.. so its not worth more then offering up some extra coverage in the deadzone i call my farm since i use wifi calling
2017-8-7
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

There is a guy on youtube who gets out to 3000ft with the xiaomi repeater
https://youtu.be/JmwiH2ufUDQ
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_kfcgwyC
New

United States

I picked up a Spark yesterday and had hoped/assumed that using a wifi repeater was a viable option.  I use one on my Bebop 2 and get very good range with it.  I've tried different things with my setup to get the repeater/extender to work but no luck (renaming the repeater, making sure all is on 2.4ghz, etc).  I am really looking forward to a solution that works (I'm on android FWIW).
2017-8-8
Use props
hungbobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128038 ft
Hong Kong

Unfortunately, the Xiaomi router (youth edition) as depicted in the video , is sold out, on Mi web site, and I doubt if it will be restocked. The new model, which could be powered from  a micro USB 1A port, the Xiaomi router 3C, is a bit too big to carry around.

On the other hand, I have successfully tested with a Xiaomi Wifi+ (which is an USB 2.4GHz Wifi repeater stick, very easy to carry):
- 1st need to reset the Spark to Wifi (start Spark, then press button until 3 beeps)
- connect Wifi+ to any USB power
- use the MiJia App to config the Wifi+ to connect to the Spark-XXXX SSID, and chose the new SSID, eg. SPARK-EXTENDED
- Connect your Smartphone Wifi to the new SSID, eg. SPARK-EXTENDED, and run DJI GO 4

I have not tested the range, with or without this Wifi+ though.
2017-8-15
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

hungbobby Posted at 2017-8-15 01:25
Unfortunately, the Xiaomi router (youth edition) as depicted in the video https://youtu.be/JmwiH2ufUDQ, is sold out, on Mi web site, and I doubt if it will be restocked. The new model, which could be powered from  a micro USB 1A port, the Xiaomi router 3C, is a bit too big to carry around.

On the other hand, I have successfully tested with a Xiaomi Wifi+ (which is an USB 2.4GHz Wifi repeater stick, very easy to carry):

So it's working with the xiaomi Wifi+ ? Should I buy one?
2017-11-8
Use props
Troy Crayson
New

United States

Interesting topic surprised that there is no definite answer. The spotty range on spark is a huge issue. Especially in the case of just randomly losing signal and potentially the whole drone.
2019-3-12
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-29 05:55
You can, I don't know if it will void the warranty or if it will actually extend the range.... has anyone brought these exact ones, they are the only ones I can find for the spark http://amzn.to/2sqbU8r

I use this extender and it works well giving me more stable connections at longer ranges.  It is quite directional though.
2019-3-12
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-29 05:55
You can, I don't know if it will void the warranty or if it will actually extend the range.... has anyone brought these exact ones, they are the only ones I can find for the spark http://amzn.to/2sqbU8r

I use this extender and it works well giving me more stable connections at longer ranges.  It is quite directional though.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules