o(^-^)o
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

FPV screen Stretching (jumping)
I have a 7” Black Pearl 32 CH
Using:
DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information
But after about 10-15 minutes of use the screen stretchesand I can’t see my Information anymore.
Video is fine, but the Volts % Satellite information isgone.
Any ideas what I need to change?
Also only getting about 30-40 meters out of this system befor the video is very jumpy and hard to see.
Any ideas?

7" monitor

7" monitor

2015-3-15
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Sounds like a screen electronics problem.  When I used to fix monitors years ago, a classic failure was for the horizontal control cap to get flaky which causes the screen to grow in vertical height - just as you are seeing.  This leads me to believe their is an electronic component in the screen hardware that is failing.  If you can, feel around the entire screen enclosure to see if there is any spot that is hotter than the rest (assuming the electronics for the screen are behind it).  When it does happen, if possible, leave screen on but cool entire unit way down and see if at some point the screen comes back.

I am not familiar with the mini OSD unit, but I don't think that controls screen parameters, just overlays information on the current signal.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

You might try Spironet antennas, one on the transmitter and one on the right side top of the receiver..  I can't tell for sure, but it appears you might be using stick antennas on both sides of the receiver.  

If you are puzzled by me saying the right side top of the receiver, that worked best for me on mine.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I just recalled that there has been some concern with using the ImmersionRC transmitters with the 32 channel Black Pearls.  I read the 7 channel Black Pearls work better with the ImmersionRC transmitters but I'm sure others may say differently. Based on what I read I purchased the 7 channel Black Pearl for mine.
2015-3-15
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

oakspi may have a point about using this transmitter with the Black Pearl monitor. I use the AVL58 Lite with the Black Pearl and everything works perfectly. One observation though.... This particular monitor by default squeezes the image a little from top to bottom. Not sure why... but it does. It's not in the paperwork anywhere but I found out you can view full screen (unsqueezed). While powered on, hold the far right "+" button until the screen changes. While the viewing image is now the correct viewing aspect ratio the iOSD information is also blown up and off screen. (Distance from home point is about the only thing you can see.) Your second image looks like when I hold the + button to get a true 16:9 viewing image. Perhaps try this while powered on. Looks like it's automatically switching to this mode. Just a guess though.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

fhagan, I was only addressing the issue abut the signal degrade by distance.  I have no idea about the squeezing of the screen. Glad you responded with your knowledge and likely fix on the screen issue.
2015-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-3-16 05:38
oakspi may have a point about using this transmitter with the Black Pearl monitor. I use the AVL58 L ...

There should be something called aspect ratio, maybe not but it is on most TV's..you can loose 100lbs. with the click of a button.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I checked the Black Pearl directions online.  There are several aspect ratios 16 X 9 and 4 X 3.  They call it scaling.  Check it out.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

OK, I found the right thing to do.  It is a long hold of the (-) button which returns the screen to the default 16 X 9.
2015-3-15
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

If the aspect ratio keeps changing after the display runs for a while, could the (+) button be faulty?  A long push and hold of it changes the ratio to 4 X 3.
2015-3-15
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-16 09:45
If the aspect ratio keeps changing after the display runs for a while, could the (+) button be fault ...

Great thanks for all the information, I'll try (-) fist and see if that works.

2015-3-16
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Didn't work, now it's stuck as a wide screen, emailing the seller to see if he can help
2015-3-16
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Try the long hold of the (+) button then!
2015-3-16
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Seller is asking me to ship it back, thinks theirs and internal problem with the monitor,
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules