Windy conditions - Inspire 1 or 2 ?
839 5 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Hi there

I'm planning to shoot some 360 spherical panoramas so I need my drone to stay as much in the same spot as possible during my multiple exposures (shooting maybe 10 images all around the horizon, spinning the camera a whole circle).

I'm wondering if there are any reasons to get the Inspire 2 over the Inspire 1 for this purpose? I've been told that it "flies better", but not sure in what way.

Anyone care to comment or clarify to me the difference of using these two drones in windy conditions?

regards
Frímann
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13337 ft
China

Everything is upgraded in Inspire 2 ,Positioning system for example.
For Inspire 2 gimbal has 320°(not 360) at Yaw axis,but it has a new function called ‘Quick spin’ to release the gimbal when reaching limit.
2017-6-21
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hi Dreamspy,
2017-6-22
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hi Dreamspy,
   The Inspire 2 is a heavier and bigger drone than the Inspire 1.  That alone will give you a more stable flight in windy conditions.  Additionally, there's all the added redundancy of dual sensor systems as well as vision positioning.  I don't think you'd have trouble with an Inspire 1 in windy conditions, but if you want the best position hold, the Inspire 2 is definitely better.
2017-6-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No contest here. The Inspire1 is a great craft but the Inspire2 is significantly more stable in every sense.
2017-6-22
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

First time purchase probably the Inspire 2. It has a lot more going for it.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules