12Next >
69992 43 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
armando208
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23497 ft

United States

I got a second hand and when i charged everything up done battery shows red remote controller shows red djigo app says "Remote controller signal weak" I'm still able to turn on the motors and move the gimbal but i don't get picture or any type of indication on the aircraft.

What is that suppose to mean?  Is my wifi antenna on the remote bad or on the aircraft?
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry but no intention to offend ... but your post is difficult to understand.

Are you saying that you charged up both Controller and Aircraft Battery fully ?

When you switch on Controller and Aircraft - you get :  1. RED light on controller, 2. DJI GO gives warning "Remote Controller Signal Weak" ?

OK .. first : Please if you do not already have it - Download the Full Owners Manual from DJI website.

RED light on Controller means there is no reliable connection Controller to Aircraft. You may need to RE-Link / Pair the Controller to Aircraft. Page 24 of Manual.

1. Turn on the Aircraft and press the LINK button  in the side (needs a thin rod or pin). The button will blink red.
2. Turn on Controller, then turn camera wheel all way to LEFT and toggle S2 switch at least 3 times back and forth.
3. You will hear a pulsing beep sound as linking is being made
4. Beep sound will stop and Aircraft button will turn steady green if successful.

OK - the video is based on the WiFi link of the display to Controller, the controller gets from Aircraft. So I would suggest doing a WiFi reset .... Pages 25 and 32 in the manual.

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You got that and the whole batteries you charged show red LED and the status of charges or the red one only? Lay all down to the ground. Set the antenna of the radio control upright,power it up first and then the copter.  Do not placing anything between the RC and AC. If anything covers the both 2 sides the control antenna then the WIFI has been disturb. Weak controller signal means the 5.8 GHz signal is weak (not lost)
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

when you look at you phone or tablet, at the signal bars, how may bars do you have there( 1 to 5)
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-22 04:19
when you look at you phone or tablet, at the signal bars, how may bars do you have there( 1 to 5)

Might be an idea to ask which bars you mean !

Second - I can have literally NO BARS showing or the red one or two and NO WARNING .... on 5.8

On 2.4 - that's long ago been determined to be unreliable and intermittent bars anyway.

Problem with these suggestions about signal strength and bars - are the display is subject to Telemetry feedback ....

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
WyattWrd
New
Flight distance : 82 ft
United States

Im having the same issue, I get video but it flies a hundred feet or so away from me and it goes haywire saying RC signal lost and returns to home. I have attempted recalibration multiple times to no success. Attempting to contact DJI support is useless glad I bought a 500$ drone for it not to work
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-22 04:44
Might be an idea to ask which bars you mean !

Second - I can have literally NO BARS showing or the red one or two and NO WARNING .... on 5.8

the rc signal in this image is what i mean
2017-6-22
Use props
armando208
lvl.1

United States

SOLENTLIFE: Sorry about that was kinda sleepy trying to figure this all out, but yes I charged both controller and aircraft batteries till full.
I've already downloaded the Manuel from the website and read it a couple times to try and figure out if I was doing something wrong.

So you say the red light on the controller means there is no reliable connection, but I'm able to turn on and turn off the motors using the controller method pointing both joysticks down and in.

When I try to pair the controller how long should I wait, I've left it trying to pair for 5 to 8 minutes and nothing.

PETERX: so the only thing that's infront is the cell phone Holder and that's on the left side of the antenna. Since the 5.8ghz antenna which is the middle one is weak does that mean I need to replace it?
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I used to have a set of these for my phantom, they are good http://amzn.to/2rZi5Ag or dual http://amzn.to/2rZieni
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

WIMO ... my question what bars was more for YOU !!
Back to the problem ...

It sounds like the FW may be corrupt or poorly installed.

Did you buy online without demo ? Or did seller demo it to you ? I have a feeling this is a P3 that previous owner may have failed updating FW ....

I wonder if it needs re-install of FW ?

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
armando208
lvl.1

United States

I bought it online so it couldn't be demoed.

Well I just tried updating it to the latest FW in the site and placed it in the root file on the SD card, had remote off and turned on the aircraft and it failed.

I tried again and failed.
I saw something online about doing a force update by holding the link button until the gimbal flashes red/green but that didn't work also
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Watch this one but above all ... READ the text explanation under the video.

I know it says downgrade - but it is the way to force an install.

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

armando208 Posted at 2017-6-22 08:40
I bought it online so it couldn't be demoed.

Well I just tried updating it to the latest FW in the site and placed it in the root file on the SD card, had remote off and turned on the aircraft and it failed.

I had the same problem with my parrot airbrone
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-22 09:00
I had the same problem with my parrot airbrone

about the update
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-22 07:34
WIMO ... my question what bars was more for YOU !!
Back to the problem ...

yes and in the picture I explained what I meaned
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-22 09:08

OK ... think it better we put this aside ..

Cheers
Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-22 09:08

Think it better we leave this one aside ..

NO prob.

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
armando208
lvl.1

United States

Well I tried doing what you said and followed the video but I never even got the upgrading status on the app
2017-6-22
Use props
armando208
lvl.1

United States

It failed the upgrade
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, is it a phantom 3 standard? Please restart the drone , refer to the video below to re-link them again, then wait for more than 10 minutes after they are re-linked, see if it works.
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

WyattWrd Posted at 2017-6-22 05:05
Im having the same issue, I get video but it flies a hundred feet or so away from me and it goes haywire saying RC signal lost and returns to home. I have attempted recalibration multiple times to no success. Attempting to contact DJI support is useless glad I bought a 500$ drone for it not to work

Sorry to hear that, what aircraft are you using? What is the firmware version and the APP version?
2017-6-23
Use props
armando208
lvl.1

United States

i'm not sure what firmware the phantom has been trying to update it to the latest one on the website for a couple of days with no success. the app i'm using is the latest one, it wont let me use any of the other older ones it forces me to the newest one and i'm using a Samsung S5.
I've looked at my FW_LOG file and i've notice a pattern that on the second version check that [07 00] [00] say's device not detected. I've looked at other forums and I found one saying that it could be the WIFI module
2017-6-23
Use props
djiuser_QAa60yq
New
Flight distance : 3104 ft
Nepal

armando208 Posted at 2017-6-22 06:02
SOLENTLIFE: Sorry about that was kinda sleepy trying to figure this all out, but yes I charged both controller and aircraft batteries till full.
I've already downloaded the Manuel from the website and read it a couple times to try and figure out if I was doing something wrong.

Did you solved a problems of Remote controller signal weak.. I have a same problem on Phantom 3 professional
2017-8-13
Use props
fans58c8a3f2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey armando208
I have the exact same problem, phantom 3 standard, failed upgrade to latest firmware, now every time I try I get the failed update and hidden files show [07 00] [00] device not detected?
I can move the camera up and down and start the motors but get absolutely no feedback from dji-go app. No camera view or info on battery power etc.
I would like to know what the device is that isn't getting detected? at least I would have something to work on.
Did you ever fix the problem?
2017-8-14
Use props
fans7087202f
New
Paraguay

Disculpen la molestia pero es que tengo problemas con mi phanton 3 pro, el dron no responde al mando del control
2017-8-17
Use props
fanse7098f05
New
Flight distance : 32815 ft
United States

you have to update the remote frequency problem solved
2017-8-26
Use props
fans58c8a3f2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How do you update remote frequency on phantom 3 standard????????
2017-9-11
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Turn the RC and AC on during upgrade via app or via SD card. The RC will be updated parallel to the copter via WIFI. If you have an IP scanner on the mobile then you´ll see that the RD is the router.
2017-9-11
Use props
fans58c8a3f2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Still doesn't work, tried all kinds of variations while upgrading but always comes back with [07 00] [00] device not detected, it's driving me nuts!!!
2017-9-18
Use props
fans4f41b30d
New

Guadeloupe

salut moi cest yoann de la guadeloupe  j ai un phantom 3 standar j ai suivi la video  le probleme c est que mon boutton rest ne devien pas vert
2017-10-16
Use props
fans4f41b30d
New

Guadeloupe

hello me c is yoann I am from guadeloupe I have a phantom 3 standar I followed the video and the problem that I have the button of rest do not become green I do not know what to do.
2017-10-16
Use props
ToKa94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202999 ft
Austria

Hi!

I have a phantom 3 SE and the signal over 100 meters is lost because the wifi is lost. I would like to make better wifi connection. What can i do? If I buy a phantom 3 pro remote is good? Or have any ideas?
2018-1-27
Use props
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

ToKa94 Posted at 2018-1-27 02:52
Hi!

I have a phantom 3 SE and the signal over 100 meters is lost because the wifi is lost. I would like to make better wifi connection. What can i do? If I buy a phantom 3 pro remote is good? Or have any ideas?

Ich habe Sie eine PM mit einer Lösung geschickt.
2018-1-27
Use props
Chad America
lvl.1

United States

"Red Remote Controller"  His question is obvious.  RC signal...  That's what it does
2018-3-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

Chad America Posted at 2018-3-22 16:27
"Red Remote Controller"  His question is obvious.  RC signal...  That's what it does

i have sent this almost a yer ago ago please don't response to that now
2018-3-26
Use props
Ayusdira
New

Indonesia

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-22 02:19
Sorry but no intention to offend ... but your post is difficult to understand.

Are you saying that you charged up both Controller and Aircraft Battery fully ?

how about this sir, can you help me ?
2018-10-4
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer

1st. you got nor telemetry nor live feed.
2nd if you fly a P3S then the HD icon does not appair in status bar and mapbox shows nothing as map.
start your phones WIFI in airplane mode and force to stop all not needed apps and see what happens if you fire up your P3 system and Go app.
2018-10-5
Use props
djiuser_oWaRfKB2tE5t
New

I just got mine, cam was busted up, replaced cam, won't stay linked , will connect then disconnect saying " remote control weak signal" or compass error. Can intermittently move cam, feed is glitchy.
And the program for update software won't find the drone.
I'm at a loss idk what to do.
P4 with crystal sky monitor and c1 controller
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_zj4cuM1ZFmsL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75131 ft

Malta

Hi
I have a dji phantom 3 standard and when i fly my drone the remote controller is telling me weak signal or lost signal when the drone lost signal turned home  so i try to fly my drone but not going so far with weak signal any one resolved this issue weak signal
2020-4-30
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

How long do you have your bird and what FW version is on your bird´s system?
2020-5-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules