Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware: v01.03.0900
123Next >
33428 111 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Who's the first tester ? )

What’s New?

 Fixed DNG file white balance issues when shooting in Portrait mode.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:

 Updated the user interface to indicate aircraft nose positioning when using Head Tracking Gimbal and aircraft range when using Head Tracking Flight.
 Added imperial units and camera grids as options.
 Fixed an issue where certain Camera View information wouldn't display with an HDMI connection.
2017-6-22
Use props
MaxM
New
Italy

I just bought the Mavic yesterday and it immediately prompted that the new firmware v01.03.0900 would be required to fly the drone. unfortunately it already stopped 3 times during the update process. Last it got stuck at 100% and sat there for approximately 30 min.
Has anyone experience with the firmware update getting stuck? Any fixes? Is there maybe a possibility to download it to the phone and installing it on the drone via USB cable?
Cheers, Max
2017-6-22
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

MaxM Posted at 2017-6-22 03:48
I just bought the Mavic yesterday and it immediately prompted that the new firmware v01.03.0900 would be required to fly the drone. unfortunately it already stopped 3 times during the update process. Last it got stuck at 100% and sat there for approximately 30 min.
Has anyone experience with the firmware update getting stuck? Any fixes? Is there maybe a possibility to download it to the phone and installing it on the drone via USB cable?
Cheers, Max

At 100% it is somethimes a bug. Then just restart the aircraft and should be fine. And reboot remote afterwards. App should say it is ok.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update was also suppose to add Imperial units to the goggles.  I just updated both (Mavic & Goggles) and see not change.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 03:55
The update was also suppose to add Imperial units to the goggles.  I just updated both (Mavic & Goggles) and see not change.

Disregard...I did not scroll down far enough on the menu.
2017-6-22
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

My last 2 updates froze at 99%. Had to restart and it said it was done. I'll wait a few days for user feedback before I install
2017-6-22
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

.800 downloaded and then did nothing.  When I rebooted the AC / RC / Go4 everything saw the download and installed without any further burps or problems.

I'm not in any rush to update to .900 as I'm still enjoying playing with my Spark.
2017-6-22
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

I am surprised that the Mods have not posted this update "officially " yet.  Maybe they're still recovering from the onslaught of Spark postings?
2017-6-22
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

MaxM Posted at 2017-6-22 03:48
Cheers, Max

Don't learn the hard way   Always update using the Assistant 2 program and a computer.  Much faster, works very well (app update often freezes) and doesn't use up your battery power.  Plug Mavic in first via USB, then after update, plug in your controller to update it's firmware too.  Enjoy!
2017-6-22
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

just updated the goggles now have mph and ft !! brilliant but not updating the mavic as nothing in the notes that i need ;)
2017-6-22
Use props
FireFighter
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar experience. The Firmware upgrade stopped at 99% and i thought it had locked up on the phone. However, after being patient and waiting for 10min it finished.
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Why do we have a new firmware without updates for Mavic ? There are lots of posts that people are experiencing, gimble / video quality / app bugs......I'm amazed no main mavic updates are in this release
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Good morning. Please update to the newest version of the firmware. If you find that you get stuck at a certain point, please make sure you are linked to a Wi Fi if you are doing it through the Go App. You also have the ability to use the Assistant 2 Software.
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
France

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-22 08:15
Good morning. Please update to the newest version of the firmware. If you find that you get stuck at a certain point, please make sure you are linked to a Wi Fi if you are doing it through the Go App. You also have the ability to use the Assistant 2 Software.

Hey, does IMU and Compas need re calibrating after the FW update ?
2017-6-22
Use props
nyichiban
New
United States

Just updated it last night and tested it at home. Something definitely is weird with it as it wouldn't land and instead lost control and went straight for me and ended up getting a few propeller cuts on my shoulder as I dodged my crashing drone. The previous firmware I had no issues with it hovering and controls seemed much better.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansd32fd2c5
Flight distance : 4144 ft
Belgium

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-22 08:21
Hey, does IMU and Compas need re calibrating after the FW update ?

Compas always , but best on the site here you will take off next time.
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
France

nyichiban Posted at 2017-6-22 08:46
Just updated it last night and tested it at home. Something definitely is weird with it as it wouldn't land and instead lost control and went straight for me and ended up getting a few propeller cuts on my shoulder as I dodged my crashing drone. The previous firmware I had no issues with it hovering and controls seemed much better.

Think I'll remain at .800 then in that case, which seems ok apart from video quality and wait a couple of weeks to see what happens for .900 general thoughts...did you re calibrate compas after the upgrade as it's recommended etc
2017-6-22
Use props
fansfef9c3ca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23835 ft
Malaysia

done upgrade just now

will do a flight test tomorrow
2017-6-22
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Upgrading via DJI assistant 2 now... tried to update via APP but every time I tried it stopped at 5% and after a while the app was no longer responding....
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just updated the Mavic Pro.  Went out and did a quick flight and all went well.  It did want me to do a vision calibration.  I had tried that once before and it failed (I have a 4K monitor).  So with the message next to the current fw saying I needed to do a vision calibration I tried using my backup computer.  I did it and got a good calibration.  Went out and flew around a little bit and flew it toward the side of my house.  It stopped itself a little further out, before I got scared it would hit (unlike before where I stopped it).
I will fly a longer flight later today and try out a few intelligent flight modes.  All I did a few minutes ago was fly it around in position and sport modes and check the video feed.
Phone Samsung S7, FW 01.03.0900, DJI GO4 app v 4.1.2, and Android 7.0
2017-6-22
Use props
Tempostudio
Captain
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

I just tested the 900th firmware on DJI GO 4 and Litchi. Litchi once hung tight while performing the "Focus" mode, the dock hung, did not respond to the sticks of the console. Turned off the remote-drone began returning home.
2017-6-22
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

Tempostudio Posted at 2017-6-22 10:21
I just tested the 900th firmware on DJI GO 4 and Litchi. Litchi once hung tight while performing the "Focus" mode, the dock hung, did not respond to the sticks of the console. Turned off the remote-drone began returning home.

Upgrade went smoothly - via Assistant App on my Mac.  Unfortunately the update does not seem to have fixed the whole issue of all my RAW files being giant black rectangles, when opened.  I'm heading back to 1.3.0700, when things actually worked.
2017-6-22
Use props
fans5250975a
New
Flight distance : 49281 ft
United States

Testtest fgshshshsjdnxnxnxn
2017-6-22
Use props
fans5250975a
New
Flight distance : 49281 ft
United States

Forgive the previous ^^

Where is imperial setting on goggles since update?  Been searching all over.  Updated with mavic wirelessly.
Thanks guys
2017-6-22
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans5250975a Posted at 2017-6-22 15:56
Forgive the previous ^^

Where is imperial setting on goggles since update?  Been searching all over.  Updated with mavic wirelessly.

Where is imperial setting on goggles since update?

It's in the Settings menu, but you have to scroll down past what initially appears to be the bottom of the list. Specifically, open the Settings menu, then scroll down to what seems to be the last item on the menu ("Reset All") . . . and then scroll down three more time until you reach "Units". In other words, the list of settings scrolls upward to reveal more items as you continue moving down.
2017-6-22
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

Just got my new iPad mini 4 and charged it up. Did the new firmware update which downloaded fine, however, I forgot to restart my RC and AC and just started flying. Flew for about 10 min without problems and then as I was preparing to land the go4 app disconnected. No issues landing as I was close to the ground anyway. My iPad also needed an update as well that I hadn't done before flying. This was my first disconnect ever as I was using an iPhone 6 Plus before but I chalk this one up to my error on updating properly on all fronts.
2017-6-22
Use props
Zala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2591499 ft
Malaysia

Updated to the latest firmware via Assistant 2 (fed up with updating with DJI GO 4 App : time consuming) and did 3 flights. No problem observed. So far so good.
2017-6-23
Use props
Sime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

No drama here,  all good.
2017-6-23
Use props
sleepingawake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Turkey

Can we download the file, from web?
2017-6-23
Use props
fansc24aa6ab
lvl.1
Canada

sleepingawake Posted at 2017-6-23 01:04
Can we download the file, from web?

update and work very good.
2017-6-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

new update, same old complain
2017-6-23
Use props
Firefly_986
New
Flight distance : 3071 ft
Singapore

BeachDuc Posted at 2017-6-22 15:41
Upgrade went smoothly - via Assistant App on my Mac.  Unfortunately the update does not seem to have fixed the whole issue of all my RAW files being giant black rectangles, when opened.  I'm heading back to 1.3.0700, when things actually worked.

Yeah l'm having the same problem as you mate... It's damn bloody frustrating!!!
2017-6-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Updated everything last night via DJI GO4 (Mavic, RC, Goggles, etc.)  It all works good and the new goggle choice on units is nice.
2017-6-23
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There's a simple rule to firmware upgrading guys, if your machine is flying Ok then always stay one release down from the latest. In other words-  when 900 comes out you upgrade 800 but only if you feel you need to.

Remember if upgrade to the latest firmware you'll be the test dummy for the rest of us!

Fly Safe Mike
2017-6-23
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Without test dummies no fun ;-)
2017-6-23
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I'm still on 600 firmware and happy as a clam!
2017-6-23
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do the batteries have to be upgraded to .900 as well ? Or is it just the RC and AC ?
2017-6-23
Use props
Andicot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

The issue of DNG file preview on macOs has been fixed?
2017-6-23
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

I use Android on a Sumsung S7 Edge, that's why my phone works absolutely flawlessly with the Mavic.  Update was a quickie and it restored my zoom function on the 5D button that was eliminated mistakenly in the last update.  Sorry all you Apple folks are having problems.
2017-6-23
Use props
fansd32fd2c5
Flight distance : 4144 ft
Belgium

dari_017 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:20
Do the batteries have to be upgraded to .900 as well ? Or is it just the RC and AC ?

Batteries as well .
After upgrading  AC and RC  put another battery in the AC .
Start DJI assistant 2 , then  start the AC and the battery will be upgraded in less than 1 minute.
2017-6-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules