6753 14 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

Hi Guys,

Quick one, I already owned the DJI Spark Fly less version.

Just wondering, does it worth to spend the money getting the Remote Controller? Heard a lot of negative feedback, for example loss of signal, can't reach 500m height and so on.

Should I stick with the phone?

Thanks
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 reasons to buy a RC:
1-Better control than the virtual joysticks
2-Eventually the "bugs" will get worked out and the range will be where it should be
2017-6-22
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 07:04
2 reasons to buy a RC:
1-Better control than the virtual joysticks
2-Eventually the "bugs" will get worked out and the range will be where it should be

Agreed! I prefer the RC.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

To be honest the range isn't that great with the controller yet, however they will probably improve it... for the mean time though maybe get one of these http://amzn.to/2sURSab perfect for the touch screen
2017-6-22
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Lots" of negative feedback?  The controller is way better than phone IMHO.  I connect it via USB and it works great.  The phone is impossible to fly with, in my experience.  Then again, I'm used to flying with a controller where I can give multiple commands at a time.
2017-6-22
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi guys, so sorry for the late reply. I just came back from my hometown for Eid celebration.

I just received my "fly more" kit today. Just wondering, once connected to the RC (3 sec press on Spark, and few buttons on RC for binding) am I able to switch it back to phone/table other than 9 sec press on Spark?

Plus, if I want to connect via USB cable thru OTG adapter, first I've to bind the RC to the Spark, am I right? Does it works on Apple devices?

Thank you so much
2017-6-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the controller is a very nice upgrade for making your Spark complete. Sport mode is a blast with the Spark....

You will not use your phone to control it much after getting the remote.

Yes, iOS devices work great with the remote, follow the bind procedure and you can then connect the USB cable directly to the phone.

Rich
2017-6-29
Use props
fans4592dbc8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17674 ft
Canada

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-22 07:07
To be honest the range isn't that great with the controller yet, however they will probably improve it... for the mean time though maybe get one of these http://amzn.to/2sURSab perfect for the touch screen

This one got me curious. Was that a serious answer and if yes did you test it ? Wich model? If that worked with djigo, that would help with my phone as i wouldn't have to look at the screen to find the controls every time, especialy in the sun.
2017-6-29
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I find the Remote is the only way to really enjoy the Spark!

As all the previous posters have listed the reasons I will say that flying the spark with just a phone / tablet is like driving a fast car with the emergency brake on!  The Remote just frees the Spark up in both speed and control.

Invest the money - You KNOW you want to!

Good Flying
2017-6-29
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Malaysia

Guys, need help......since I bought my RC from half fly more combo, how do link my RC to my spark? how do i reset the RC?

This is what I did :

a) switched on both devices.....press and hold the spark's battery for 3 sec then I press pause, fn + custom button until the green light flashing....waited almost a minutes but nothing happened....keep on beeping

b) same thing, but vice versa....press the RC first and then spark's battery....

I've connected my spark to my phone and rc to my phone as well....do I need to remove them from my wifi list first?
2017-7-1
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Malaysia

* Finally managed to link them together after more than 10 times....don't know what went wrong, I just did the same thing....
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ali86 Posted at 2017-7-1 07:04
* Finally managed to link them together after more than 10 times....don't know what went wrong, I just did the same thing....

You probably didn't do anything wrong...the entire WIFI linking/pairing process is an utter disgrace.  I could possibly understand if it was some sort of new technology, but connecting to WIFI devices has been around for ages.  I connect my iPhone via WIFI (and apps) to at least 6 devices: HP Printer, GoPro, RunCam, Connex Pro-sight, just to name a few.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

ali86 Posted at 2017-6-29 06:33
Hi guys, so sorry for the late reply. I just came back from my hometown for Eid celebration.

I just received my "fly more" kit today. Just wondering, once connected to the RC (3 sec press on Spark, and few buttons on RC for binding) am I able to switch it back to phone/table other than 9 sec press on Spark?

So, if my Spark is bound to the RC, I will need to unbind it before I can use it with a smartphone? Or can I just leave the RC switched off and power up the aircraft and use Gesture Control without unbinding it?
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-1 07:19
So, if my Spark is bound to the RC, I will need to unbind it before I can use it with a smartphone? Or can I just leave the RC switched off and power up the aircraft and use Gesture Control without unbinding it?

You supposedly can leave your RC powered off and use gestures.  Now if you just want to fly with your phone, that's requires you to reset Sparks WIFI.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 07:28
You supposedly can leave your RC powered off and use gestures.  Now if you just want to fly with your phone, that's requires you to reset Sparks WIFI.

Yep. It's not a terrible experience, but it is a little bit inconvenient
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules