Using Ronin MX on Matrice600 Pro without SRW-60G?
2163 8 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans799111c6
lvl.1
United States

New the the Matrice 600 pro platform and have a couple questions regarding using a Ronin-MX in conjunction with Sony camers (Fs5, A7RII, A6500).. WITHOUT the SRW-60G which to my understanding is illegal to use in North America as of June 2017.
My goal is simply to have live image transmission and control over the gimbal. I have the DJI remote start/stop for the Ronin MX so should have shutter release covered.

Would love some insight as to how to set this up properly as the manual only includes info for using the SRW-60G. My thought is to run the hdmi cable from LB2 directly to the camera's HDMI out, question is, will this alone provide image transmission?

Second question is in regards to the A3 pro.. aside from the CAN cable going to the Ronin MX, is there any other cable required to be connected to the camera? I noticed in the manual that the A3 pro also connects to the SRW-60G when being used so want to make sure it's not supposed to be connected to the camera directly in some way.

I am super appreciative of any help any others who have experience with this set up can offer- would sure be nice if DJI offered this information in light of the fact that the SRW-60G is not legal in the US.

Thanks in advance,
Jon
2017-6-22
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

Hi Jon

The only reason for using a SRW-60G is if you need to pan 360 degrees continuously. Otherwise you can just run a HDMI cable directly from the light bridge to the camera and the canbus cable from the A3  to the Ronin-mx.  Just remember to set the end points on the ronin-mx to a value of 179 or less except 0, so you don't wound up the cable around the pan axis but get a stop at 179 degrees to either side. If you set the endpoint to 0  then the gimbal can pan 360 degrees continuously!

The canbus connection to the SRW-60G is only a power connection.

Regards
Soren
2017-6-22
Use props
fans799111c6
lvl.1
United States

nil Posted at 2017-6-22 11:20
Hi Jon

The only reason for using a SRW-60G is if you need to pan 360 degrees continuously. Otherwise you can just run a HDMI cable directly from the light bridge to the camera and the canbus cable from the A3  to the Ronin-mx.  Just remember to set the end points on the ronin-mx to a value of 179 or less except 0, so you don't wound up the cable around the pan axis but get a stop at 179 degrees to either side. If you set the endpoint to 0  then the gimbal can pan 360 degrees continuously!

Awesome, thanks Soren! Have the longer hdmi cable on the way (the stock one is too short). Excited to get this thing in the air!

Jon
2017-6-26
Use props
fans799111c6
lvl.1
United States

Hi Jon

One more quick question Soren, do you have experience with the DJI Start/Stop for Ronin mx? It is working to fire the shutter for stills but will not trigger video recording. Any thoughts? Thx

Jon
2017-6-27
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

I don't have the start/stop kit (yet) for the ronin-mx so I don't have any experience on that part.  I have made some test flights with a Nikon 800 where I start the recording on ground with the camera record button. Sometimes the camera stops recording just a few seconds after the start of the recording, when connected to the light bridge. I think DJI mentioned somewhere that some brands of cameras have this issue and that is related to which resolution you are sending from the camera to the LB.

I think someone here on the forum have more info on the start/stop functionally.

Soren
2017-6-29
Use props
Discoverydrone
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi Jon

I have recently purchased a matrice pro 600, ronin mx and srw-60g.

I am having difficulty knowing which CAN ports on the 600 pro I connect each of these devices to as the video instructions cover connection to the matrice 600, but all the CAN 1 ports are used up by the additional gps components of the pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-9-26
Use props
Discoverydrone
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi Jon

I have recently purchased a matrice pro 600, ronin mx and srw-60g.

I am having difficulty knowing which CAN ports on the 600 pro I connect each of these devices to as the video instructions cover connection to the matrice 600, but all the CAN 1 ports are used up by the additional gps components of the pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-9-26
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

I don´t have a Matrice 600 Pro. But don´t you have a spare can bus port on the small box on one of the GPS leads?

2017-9-27
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

nil Posted at 2017-9-27 11:13
I don´t have a Matrice 600 Pro. But don´t you have a spare can bus port on the small box on one of the GPS leads?

Just for everyone who still flies M600Pro, yes indeed I believe that is right, there is a can bus unused within the GPS system.
2-2 08:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules