Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just Cancelled Spark Pre Order !!! NEED HELP!!!!
966 6 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

I just cancelled my order for Spark fly more combo. I am seeing way to many complaints from people who have received thier new spark. I was purchasing this drone with the intension to take videos using quick shots like helix , drownie etc... on a moving platform in other words while fishing for Largemouth Bass from my Ranger boat. And have noticed that when in low in battery it will return to home where my drone took off for the first time and not return to the location of the controller which will cause me to loose my drone since I am on a boat that changes positions frequently. I also decided to buy spark because after watching numerous youtube videos it seems the 1080p video quality was better on spark and I really did not need 4k since most of my videos will be posted on youtube and facebook for friends and family to see.  My question to you guys is the Mavic a better drone for my needs or should I hold off and wait for mavic 2 to come out and see if they fixed the video problems with 1080p ?? I have no exp with drones so I need some advice from exp droners.
2017-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First I think if your going to wait for Mavic 2 , you may not see it this year.

Regarding Spark and RTH , you have got this wrong, spark RTH can be changed to return to  you but you have to keep changing as you move. It's the very same as Mavic.

With regard to dronie helix and other modes, you will find these will be refined continually to become better and better, with firmware/software updates.

Of course you are looking for comparisons with both drones, we'll bang for buck the Mavic outstrips the spark on most fronts, it flys further faster for longer, but is a different type of drone,

Regarding 1080 being better on spark, spark camera is focused sharp all the time so it appears like footage is clearer , but Mavic used properly is much more cinematic and in the right hands is a more superior camera, it also has 2.7k 4K and more variations of 1080,

I have been using Spark for the last week, and as a steady aircraft it's a delight , it's fast rock solid takes really nice jpeg photos and 1080 25fps is really good quality, it doesn't handle as well in the wind as Mavic as it's a lot lighter, but for the money and if your on a tight budget it's a great buy, with some great technology.
Don't be put off from what you read around here a lot of this is new users coming to terms with new technology, it was no different in fact it was probably a lot worst with Mavic, but for what you say you need it for it won't disappoint, of course if you want a steadier craft that flys further and faster and it will always gnawing at you that you might be better off with the better craft, just go for Mavic Pro, and when M2 comes out sell MPRO you might loose a couple hundred bucks, but you should get a good season out of it.
Good luck

2017-6-22
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I would encourage you to try the Spark for yourself and see if it suits your needs instead of deciding it isn't for you based on other people's experience.

I just ordered the Spark w/ Fly More combo for my wife. I do not expect it to perform like my Mavic as it seems a lot of people do.
2017-6-22
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or you could order a Yuneec Breeze for half the price of the Spark and it has a 4k camera ....  I normally love all DJI models but the Spark really seems an expensive low-spec toy....

Ian
2017-6-22
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know dude, It seems like you may be trying to bite off too much.

No experience with drones
Flying off a moving vehicle
Flying over water
Expecting the drone to fly while your are doing something else (driving boat and fishing)

SEEMS like it may be a recipe for disaster. But, on the other hand, drones are cheap when compared to bass boats.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

It's good to start off with a low end drone and work your way up. Spark certainly falls under the not too expensive drone category.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

The spark is a fantastic drone and I think its a fair price to be honest... all the issues you mention are tiny software bugs and will be sorted over time, I love my spark, and mavic
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules