CrystalSky 5.5 won't fit into Osmo mount?
2202 11 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I looked online and the specs say the 5.5 inch CS screen is 19mm thick. This appears to be thicker than the Osmo device holder which is around 14mm on the 'corner' grip things- so how will the Osmo hold the CS monitor? Also wont the battery get in the way of the back of the mount (assuming it might fit?)

2017-6-22
Use props
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I asked the same question, here is their answereminder of what your ticket was about:  Alejandro         Alejandro (DJI) Jun 23, 01:00 CST  Dear Eddie,  Thank you for contacting DJI customer support.  We understand your concern. You don't need to have any mounting bracket cause you can connect it over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.
2017-6-22
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

Same answer I got too. Must be their canned response. I explained to them that connecting via wifi will significantly reduce the battery life of the Osmo and Crystalsky. All they said was, "sorry". There appears to be a mounting thread on the bottom of the Crystalsky, so making a bracket may not be difficult. I receive my Crystalsky today and look forward to options to mount.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry that the CrystalSky 5.5 inch cannot be mounted in Osmo device holder at the moment because it's too thick and connected over Wi-Fi, we will release new holder in the near future, please pay attention to our website.
2017-6-23
Use props
McLovin
New
United Kingdom

The other thing to consider if you want to use the CS550 with Osmo is that unless you already own a P3/4 or inspire charger you will not be able to charge the battery
Also I fail to understand the response from support that mounting is somehow not relevant when using Wifi? How else would you connect any viewing device ( phone or CS) to the Osmo??
If you need to use CS550 as a replacement for a phone then clearly the current mount on Osmo will not work.
It seems DJI may not have considered these issues when declaring the product "compatible " with Osmo. The same applies, to a lesser extent, to Mavic users who may think the CS is plug and play.
2017-6-23
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a cable for the osmo pro that I have which connects to an android device avoiding wifi connections. It specifically says in the DJI site that the cable is for the osmo pro and android/ CS 5.5 screen.
2017-6-23
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

McLovin Posted at 2017-6-23 07:26
The other thing to consider if you want to use the CS550 with Osmo is that unless you already own a P3/4 or inspire charger you will not be able to charge the battery
Also I fail to understand the response from support that mounting is somehow not relevant when using Wifi? How else would you connect any viewing device ( phone or CS) to the Osmo??
If you need to use CS550 as a replacement for a phone then clearly the current mount on Osmo will not work.

I don't understand the comment about the charger? Why can't you use the charger that comes with the screen?
2017-6-23
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-23 04:17
I'm sorry that the CrystalSky 5.5 inch cannot be mounted in Osmo device holder at the moment because it's too thick and connected over Wi-Fi, we will release new holder in the near future, please pay attention to our website.

Any update on the Mavic or osmo+ mount for the crystal sky?

2017-7-12
Use props
Vaughanabe13
lvl.1
United States

The solution is to buy the Osmo PRO/RAW mount and also an osmo extension arm. You connect the extension arm to the osmo itself in place of the normal phone holder, and then you connect the crystalsky osmo pro/raw mount to that, and then the crystalsky monitor attaches to that mount. It might be a little janky but it will work according to DJI. There is no way a crystalsky with the attached battery will fit in the normal osmo phone mount.
2017-7-13
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Vaughanabe13 Posted at 2017-7-13 11:33
The solution is to buy the Osmo PRO/RAW mount and also an osmo extension arm. You connect the extension arm to the osmo itself in place of the normal phone holder, and then you connect the crystalsky osmo pro/raw mount to that, and then the crystalsky monitor attaches to that mount. It might be a little janky but it will work according to DJI. There is no way a crystalsky with the attached battery will fit in the normal osmo phone mount.

Do you think they are not coming out with a mount for the Osmo/Osmo+?
medium_f9f1a899-0eb7-40bf-9914-26aa77777b2a.jpg

$79 + $25 for the extension arm and leave the wire hanging, like you say is pretty janky.
2017-7-13
Use props
Vaughanabe13
lvl.1
United States

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-7-13 12:50
Do you think they are not coming out with a mount for the Osmo/Osmo+?
[view_image]

If anyone is curious on this, I ended up not buying the osmo pro adapter for the crystal sky. Instead I'm connecting the osmo to the straight extension arm, and then on the extension I connect the Universal Mount. Then I bought the Crystalsky mount bracket from Mavmount, connect it to the two mounting holes on the Crystalsky, and then I screw that directly into the universal mount. It results in the crystalsky monitor sitting just behind the osmo, directly above your hand/wrist. You can even tilt the extension arm so that the CS is resting on your wrist. There is a post about this with pictures on the facebook osmo owners group. It results in the Crystalsky sitting behind the osmo, out of range of the gimbal movement but still close to the osmo so that the weight is balanced. And you have no cord flopping around. Although if you want to change the screen angle, you have to loosen the extension arm, move it, then retighten. So if you're constantly changing between flashlight mode and upright, it might be a little inconvenient. But I find this mount to be overall a better compromise than the official DJI Osmo Pro mount, and it's cheaper by a little bit.

Or you can do the 'hack' where you just mount the battery of the crystalsky directly on the phone holder, but I found that to be risky and somewhat loose/unstable. I went with the above approach instead, because I felt the hack mount method could result in the Crystalsky falling off with quick movements.
2018-3-30
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.dirtyjdesigns.com/co ... inspire-mavic-spark
Try this
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now