New Firmware for Phantom 3 Standard is Available. (23/06/2017)
123Next >
56503 106 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 07:33
Just tested it - good range ... all went ok ... couple of blips on video ... but nothing unusual.

Nigel

Is it safe to upgrade my android tablet fw to 7.0 now that dji has brought out new app update
2017-6-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

So u delete the old 1.08.10 FW bin file before you add the new one 1.09.20, or after or does it matter
2017-6-24
Use props
fans10a1542c
New
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United States

RedHawk420 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:33
Do you have to be connected to the internet to fly? I don't have data with the tablet I'm using

Your tablet has to be capable of a wifi access. But the drone/controller sets up its own WIFI connection to which your tablet connects. So you do not need a separate Internet connection through your smartphone plan. Not sure exactly how it works. But the controller/drone talks to your tablet. The drone wifi connects to various satellites to keep track of  where it is.
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

All my range tests are plain flight whether Go or Litchi.

Interesting that space Drone had a 'blackout' on his tablet and nothing happened. That halfway answers the loss of App question.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

With all this talk of eliminating the bin file etc, is the install procedure different from other updates for iOS?  Dji Go looked after the installl on previous updates.
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Lets see if I can answer more than one here ....

"Is it safe to upgrade my android tablet fw to 7.0 now that dji has brought out new app update"

Why not ? Cannot see any reason why not.

"So u delete the old 1.08.10 FW bin file before you add the new one 1.09.20, or after or does it matter"

I prefer before but it will not matter as the AC reading the bin file will look for the latest version.

"Your tablet has to be capable of a wifi access. But the drone/controller sets up its own WIFI connection to which your tablet connects. So you do not need a separate Internet connection through your smartphone plan. Not sure exactly how it works. But the controller/drone talks to your tablet. The drone wifi connects to various satellites to keep track of  where it is."

mmmm not really. The AC connects to the RC by 2.4 and 5.8Ghz ... the 2.4 is the Video, camera, gimbal and telemetry bi-directional feed. The 5.8 is the flight control system. The RC connects to your Phone / Tablet by standard domestic WiFi at 2.4GHz. This is where the confusion comes in as the RC has no Internet capability at all. So with later Android versions you get a warning No Internet Connection. IGNORE IT !
The only time you need Internet is when you connect your tablet / phone to your home WiFi to download new FW / updates or maps etc.
It is also advised to switch on Flight Mode to stop all communications using up tablet / phone capabilities and just ENABLE WiFi.
The GPS part has absolutely nothing to do with WiFi - it is a totally separate item that reads satellite data, calculates successive positions and then software calculates speed and direction allied to compass. The data is then fed back to your RC via the telemetry part of the 2.4Ghz signal and then via the WiFi from RC to your phone / tablet to display in your GO or LItchi.

"With all this talk of eliminating the bin file etc, is the install procedure different from other updates for iOS?  Dji Go looked after the install on previous updates."

IOS ? This thread is about FW for the model - not updates for IOS / Android or GO ... But anyway - usually FW updates are sent via GO but sometimes some areas or units do not get the warning like others. I for one never had any indication except a post on this forum that new FW was available. In  that case - the usual way to work is to download the new FW and copy it to the root of the SD card yourself instead of Go doing it for you. The deleting of old bin files is just clean up of SD card. Some people like to format the card and wipe it clean after FW updates, I don't agree with that as the bin file updates any other batterys you have as well without having to download bin file again. Leaving it on the SD card - the updating of battery FW is so quick - you don't even know its happened.... and no warnings.

Hope the above answers help ...

Nigel

2017-6-25
Use props
Hermansd84
New
United States

Si i bought the p3 standard for a gift and we can't seem to find the app for it. I downloaded the app but when we try to select the aircraft the p3 doesn't show up
2017-6-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

THANKS NIGEL !  REALLY APPRECIATE  that you take the time to answer my and other questions !

Clint
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Hermansd84 Posted at 2017-6-25 07:57
Si i bought the p3 standard for a gift and we can't seem to find the app for it. I downloaded the app but when we try to select the aircraft the p3 doesn't show up

I would suggest you start a new thread for this question ... as it will b e hidden here behind the FW subject.

Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
fans44e631e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247136 ft

Canada

Loaded update all went well did 3 flights with no problems range was good
2017-6-26
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 06:08
OK downloaded but not from your video suggested link which is not correct ... but from another DJI page ...

Installed by :

well that was easy enough go to DJI GO with the internet on then download then change from the internet to P3 net & upload --still dose not fixe anything.
2017-6-28
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 06:08
OK downloaded but not from your video suggested link which is not correct ... but from another DJI page ...

Installed by :

Hi,
I did the procedure as suggested by Nigel to thread #3, all ok!
Thanks for the valuable suggestions, Nigel!
Attention, the update takes about 10 minutes (and not 15 minutes). The cam is very hot!
Drone on!
MaxBDS
2017-7-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

MaxBDS Posted at 2017-7-3 08:04
Hi,
I did the procedure as suggested by Nigel to thread #3, all ok!
Thanks for the valuable suggestions, Nigel!

I use a Laptop cooling pad powered by a DJI P3 battery through a Telsin discharger .....

I stand the P3 on the pad and use one of my 'used storage' packs to power the pad while it works. Amount of power used by the pad is minimal as its designed to USB powered.

Glad I can help.

Cheers
Nigel
2017-7-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you connect the mobile to your Phantom first before you start the app?
If not the App will not recognize the right aircraft and show you the Inspire RAW and not the P3S
2017-7-3
Use props
pZq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37785 ft
Finland

Im new to DJI and just bought my drone. Since the firmware note was so irritating i decided to update.

-> Update ok done via Android app. Didn't fly yet.

Some other noob issues which is quite weird: (current as well as the older firmware)
1. Simulator keeps disconnecting and stating something that press restart to unlock motors... This happened with older firmware also. So the simulator is quite useless.
- How could this simulator issue be fixed ?
-> AC + remote + DJI go APP all on.

2. the camera preview keeps disconnecting (may be also something else  (RC or remote) that is disconnecting) when sitting under roof (indoors in my home).
-  is this normal, or can it be fixed  ?
2017-7-6
Use props
pZq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37785 ft
Finland

pZq Posted at 2017-7-6 12:05
Im new to DJI and just bought my drone. Since the firmware note was so irritating i decided to update.

-> Update ok done via Android app. Didn't fly yet.

Hi, the camera preview problem seems to be related to memory card not being mounted on camera. The preview will work for maybe 10 seconds without mem card and then the video transmission will stop. When mem.card inserted to camera, the video preview works normally without issues inside also.
2017-7-8
Use props
Rayden21fr
lvl.1

France

se qui est bien avec le phantom3 std,s'est que la mise a jour du firmware se fait direct avec djigo via la tablette,et le 1.09.20 a corrigés mes problemes de pertubation magnétiques...
2017-7-9
Use props
waclark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28520 ft
United States

Do you have the RC turned on and connected to the drone? Did you connect your phone to the WiFi for the drone? Did you look for the SSID, it's something like Phantom3..... hard to miss.
2017-7-9
Use props
fans5c4dc0e1
New

Brazil

Hey everyone, I have an issue

I updated the firmware in the remote via the app, all went well. But, then, when I powered down and back up again, the remote no longer communicates with my drone. The APP only allows me options for the Inspire, but I am using the P3 advanced. Until this update, everything worked beautifully for months. Now, nada! I have installed the new firmware into the drone, thinking maybe there was a compatibility issue between firmware. The installation was a success, but the problem persists. I have tried to reinstall the FW into the remote, and now I cant. I have used two different USBs as well as trying to go via chord directly to the remote from the drone. Nada. I really i wish I had ignored this update, since now after hours of fiddling, I have a dead drone. Any suggestions?

I am not super techy when it comes to these things, but I do use it for work purposes - so it is a great tool, when it is working. When it isnt working (my second drone) It is really fursterating. So, HELP!
2017-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Do you speak about P3S ? USB wire are not needed. P3A ? use a micro card readerfor the RC. Did you power on all devices for the upgrade? Did you restart all RC/AC and app after the update?
Did you try to rebind the RC to the copter with the relink button on the lower right side ?
2017-7-23
Use props
Bandits 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240676 ft
United States

Rabe Posted at 2017-6-23 06:42
What will happen, if the APP crashes and I have to restart it? Will the AC descend to 30 m because of not conected to the APP?

Has this been answered and I missed it, or is it still pending? I've searched up and down the list but don't see a solid answer. Sure would like to know before I update. Casual pilot using the GO app.
2017-9-4
Use props
fans2ea036ab
New
Flight distance : 75463 ft
Netherlands

After the update I don't have anny connection with my dji go app. I tried everyting, even downgrading isn't possible. Anyone nows how to fix this. My DJI Dealer says that I have to wait till DJI has another Update. It seems to be a big problem.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans283f2ed5
lvl.1
United States

Did not work for me.  Can only fly 100 now
2017-9-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

What aircraft did you upgrade P3P or P3S? and what is the Go app version on what OS you use?
2017-9-9
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Yesterday I have done the update up to FW.1.09.0200 by downloading it directly from DJI Download
Update by the AppGO - twice finished unsucessfull so I decided to try by SD Card and it get well at first time.
AppGO - checked is there new software update, so app is up to date than I have proceed as below:
AC - for safety reasons propeller were removed from motors. //SAFETY - First//
RC - turned OFF,
Memory card removed from AC, on my PC I format it, update file copied, installed in the dron camera, AC - power on.
About 18-20min later dron stop beeping and LED indicator turn to GREEN - update successful.
RC and AC- turned ON, first - RC rebinded with the AC.
AppGO - start, check the WiFi connection - successful connected to RC,    IMU callibration, Gimball callibration, App settings for AC - changed to my favorite.
For fly test I went to open space, test pass without any trouble.
Max range did not change below <500m [CE]
2017-9-9
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Bandits 3 Posted at 2017-9-4 17:54
Has this been answered and I missed it, or is it still pending? I've searched up and down the list but don't see a solid answer. Sure would like to know before I update. Casual pilot using the GO app.

I didn't get the AppGo - crash but my Tablet battery got deployed.
Once, I went to fly without checking my tablet battery. After few minutes of flying my Tablet goes off completely. Nothing happen to my drone, due to that inconvenience I afraid about my drone and I stop flying above river. That afternoon the light condition was so great so I decide to fly around for a while without my Tablet at all - but my Firmware was P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin. Unfortunately the video stop recording when my tablet dies.

I'm not sure what happen now when the AppGO crash. With new update you need to be loged in to the app to avoid limits in height and range.

2017-9-9
Use props
rfbindl
lvl.1
United States

I appear to be updated, but my DJI GO app is having trouble connecting to the controller, and often if/when I get connected it's not responding to touch screen on my Samsung S4. The screen partially freezes up. Are the recent updates incompatible with my S4 phone and causing these problem?

I can get connected after repeated attempts, but either have partial screen lock up, or often loose screen visual between phone and camera - the app freezes up.

If these upgrades are an issue with my phone, is there a way to re-install previous versions?

My DJI GO has version 3.1.11. My phone isn't listed on compatible list below. And there is some contradictions on pages. See below. Is that a typo on the forum message? 3.1.11 versus 3.1.10? I can't tell what version is on my P3 standard, but no messages are popping up to say it's not current.

---------------------------------------------------

*** The Forum shows this ***
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =395&typeid=395

Overview
All-in-One firmware Version: v1.9.20
DJI GO app iOS Version: v3.1.11
DJI GO app Android Version: v3.1.5

-----------------------------------------------

*** The download Page shows this v3.1.10 not v3.1.11 ***
*** Also the Samsung S4 isn't on list now ***

http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

Android Version v3.1.10.

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Phantom 3 Standard Firmware v01.09.0200
2017-06-29
2017-9-10
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

rfbindl@gmail.c Posted at 2017-9-10 12:10
I appear to be updated, but my DJI GO app is having trouble connecting to the controller, and often if/when I get connected it's not responding to touch screen on my Samsung S4. The screen partially freezes up. Are the recent updates incompatible with my S4 phone and causing these problem?

I can get connected after repeated attempts, but either have partial screen lock up, or often loose screen visual between phone and camera - the app freezes up.

I did the firmware upgrade by copying the file to the MicroSD Card then turn on the aircraft and after a while, upgrading is successful but when I connect the aircraft to the DJI GO APP, how come it still prompt me that a new Firmware is available?
2017-9-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Benedict Chong Posted at 2017-9-17 07:04
I did the firmware upgrade by copying the file to the MicroSD Card then turn on the aircraft and after a while, upgrading is successful but when I connect the aircraft to the DJI GO APP, how come it still prompt me that a new Firmware is available?

Did you switch on the RC too or not?
If not then the RC is not up to date and the Go app is demanding to upgrade the firm ware.
2017-9-17
Use props
rfbindl
lvl.1
United States

Benedict Chong Posted at 2017-9-17 07:04

My question was about compatibility issues with Samsung S4 phone, not about upgrading. Are you or others having problems with S4? I had been using it for nearly a year, connecting dozens of times without problem... until what seems to be recent updates.
2017-9-18
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-17 11:20
Did you switch on the RC too or not?
If not then the RC is not up to date and the Go app is demanding to upgrade the firm ware.

Thanks for the reply. I did switch on the Remote Controller but my plane and remote controller are indoor without GPS Signal.

Do I need to bring outdoor with GPS signal then turn on both plane and remote controller in order that the firmware upgrade message to be gone.
2017-9-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

GPS is not needed for the upgrade of the firm ware. For safety you may remove the blades(props) from the copter and use a ventilator(fan) for a light breeze of cool air.
2017-9-18
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-18 18:15
GPS is not needed for the upgrade of the firm ware. For safety you may remove the blades(props) from the copter and use a ventilator(fan) for a light breeze of cool air.

So do you mean after upgrading of aircraft, switch off the plane then turn on the plane again and switch on the Remote Control and launch the DJI Go App, I should not see the firmware upgrade message if the plane is connected successfully to the Remote Controller?
2017-9-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Power on the RC and AC with the FW P3S 1.9.200 on card. connect the mobile to the phantoms WIFI and start the Go app and look for this message. If this message not pop up then your system is up to date.
If the message pops up then the RC is not updated yet. Is the copter bound to the copter and the video feed visible on your mobile then you can use it with or without this message.
2017-9-19
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-19 06:23
Power on the RC and AC with the FW P3S 1.9.200 on card. connect the mobile to the phantoms WIFI and start the Go app and look for this message. If this message not pop up then your system is up to date.
If the message pops up then the RC is not updated yet. Is the copter bound to the copter and the video feed visible on your mobile then you can use it with or without this message.

Ok, thanks for your advice.
2017-9-19
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi,

I have upgraded the AC with the 1.9.200 firmware using the MicroSD Card then when I launch the App, it keep prompt the Firmware upgrade message.

I went into the App and press and hold on the top right corner of the home screen without going into the camera mode then I saw the downgrade but the firmware version on top is smaller than 1.9.200 and the downgrade firmware drop down menu is 1.9.200 so I proceed with the upgrade or downgrade actually then let it run through the installation process.

Am I doing the right method? I should put back the 1.9.200 firmware.bin back to the MicroSD Card, right?
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

If the FW version on the system smaller than 1.9.200 and tab upgrade then you start an upgrade. After the upgrade let the FW on the SD card. If you will buy a second battery for your Phantom then the battery will be upgraded in seconds up to a minute.
2017-9-20
Use props
rfbindl
lvl.1
United States

rfbindl@gmail.c Posted at 2017-9-10 12:10

Beware of going forward cause you can't go backwards... I learned that those app updates use more and more processor power, as do OS updates, so I should have been more cautious. It sounds like I may have updated to the point that my Samsung S4 no longer has enough processor power to handle the app connection and continue to stream video. I can't go backwards so it sounds like I will continue to struggle interfacing with my P3 until I buy a new phone or... Hmm.
2017-9-20
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-20 05:59
If the FW version on the system smaller than 1.9.200 and tab upgrade then you start an upgrade. After the upgrade let the FW on the SD card. If you will buy a second battery for your Phantom then the battery will be upgraded in seconds up to a minute.

Do I need to remove the 1.9.200.bin firmware on the MicroSD Card after the firmware upgrading completed on the drone? Or I just leave it inside the drone?
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

You can leave it on the SD card in the drone cam.
2017-9-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules