Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Standard is Available. (23/06/2017)
56185 106 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

I have a problem here, today I try to fly my drone, no firmware upgrade in the app but keep having disconnected from the controller and controller weak signal.

My drone is just on top of me but the link between the drone and controller is disconnected.

Anyone has similar encounter and any solution?
2017-9-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I did´nt had any problem with this firm ware,not yet. Did you try to bind RC with the AC via binding LED on the lowaer right side on the copter?
2017-9-21
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-21 06:01
I did´nt had any problem with this firm ware,not yet. Did you try to bind RC with the AC via binding LED on the lowaer right side on the copter?

Do you mean the relink the RC and AC? Yes, I press the button the left side of AC then pushing the gimbal control on the RC towards the right and switch up and down the S2 switch on the RC to link up the RC and AC again.

After that, I uninstall my app and re-install the app again, still has the signal weak and disconnected issue.

Do I have to calibrate the compass and other items again after the firmware upgrade?
2017-9-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Normally the compass does not needed to be calibrated,only if the app tells you compass calibration required. The compass is not the culprit for the weak controller signal to the copter.
2017-9-21
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-21 06:19
Normally the compass does not needed to be calibrated,only if the app tells you compass calibration required. The compass is not the culprit for the weak controller signal to the copter.

Now I really do not know what is the problem and there is no way I can fly with that weak signal of disconnected problem. Sigh!
2017-9-21
Use props
rfbindl
lvl.1
United States

Benedict Chong Posted at 2017-9-21 05:03
I have a problem here, today I try to fly my drone, no firmware upgrade in the app but keep having disconnected from the controller and controller weak signal.

My drone is just on top of me but the link between the drone and controller is disconnected.

Recent updates seem to have done similar to me. I have very difficult time connecting to the controller anymore, and when I do the connection is easily lost... often when capturing video.

I was told my phone is too old, or processor too old to handle app updates. So, what use to work won't anymore, and there is no way to go backwards. Admittedly my phone is old - a Samsung S4 - but it use to work perfectly (for past year) so I'm sort of frustrated and not sure what do do.

2017-9-21
Use props
Benedict Chong
lvl.1
Singapore

rfbindl@gmail.c Posted at 2017-9-21 15:30
Recent updates seem to have done similar to me. I have very difficult time connecting to the controller anymore, and when I do the connection is easily lost... often when capturing video.

I was told my phone is too old, or processor too old to handle app updates. So, what use to work won't anymore, and there is no way to go backwards. Admittedly my phone is old - a Samsung S4 - but it use to work perfectly (for past year) so I'm sort of frustrated and not sure what do do.

I see, it was not the problem with my phone as mine is the latest Xperia XZ Premium which supports up to 1 Gigabit of download speed via WIFI.

There is no problem controlling the AC with the RC but on the App, it just say disconnected and WIFI Signal weak.
2017-9-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Did you cover left and right side from the controller antenna or are these areas free? If you cover these areas then you may blockade the WIFI signal from the AC via RC to the phone and in return of data you want to upload to the AC(F-POI,F-WP and all othe intelligent flight modes).
2017-9-22
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

When I first time make that update it happens to me too. The downgrade solve it completely, so I fly a lot on P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin with normal operation, all is okay.  But the annoying banner at the top of application and each AC start I got the menu makes me frustrated. So once again I have done the upgrade firmware - as I wrote few posts ago, and now all is okay.
For sure what need to be done after firmware upgrade: AppGo unistall and install again connect to the  internet and login. Check the setings for WiFi connection, reconnect RC&AC, do all calibration IMU/Gimball and before flight COMPAS. It should be good.
2017-9-22
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

I downloaded the new firmware and now When I fly the first battery is ok with no flight restrictions. Wait a while turn on the Tx then the drone then the dji go app - take off then bam max alt reached 98 ft then go for distance bam 98 ft back to the invisible fence again. Getting very old. I miss a lot of good photo opportunities because of this issue. Never ever had this problem till I updated. Also reinstalled the go app and signed out and back into my account. Doesn’t help.  
2017-9-25
Use props
Bandits 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 240676 ft
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-6-23 10:40
Good question. I assume Litchi and other programs can still be used but with the new issue/limitation?

When I asked DJI Tech Support that question this is the answer I received:

"... To answer your questions, it should do a return to home failure automatically. Also it is not advisable to fly the drone without updating it. I hope this helps."

I'm still waiting on an answer to see if it descends to 30 meters to RTH......

For the time being I'm sticking with the old DJI Go/P3S firmware and just ignoring the annoying little orange notification banner.
2017-10-5
Use props
SAID AlGHAFRI
New
Oman

Hi
I got problem after update my p3s only 86m H after that lost sginl then return to home
2017-10-9
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

What distance in that height of 86 meters was the bird? If the bird in very short range in that height then hold the antenna even to the ground,so the radiation of the controller brings the full power to the bird.
2017-10-10
Use props
Rede
New
Poland

Hello
I update 1.9.20 my p3s H: 30 D: 50 only working signal lost beck house, beck firmware 1.7 barometer error no work my drone dead please HELP ME!
2017-10-17
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

What error message comes up on the app screen? Did you  log pot and log in again to the DJI via app?
2017-10-18
Use props
PhatPastor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46148 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 03:21
If this is a P3 Standard update announcement ............ then why show a P3 Pro update video ?
Also please explain this DJI.com down load page :

So are you guys saying “I should NOT try to update via DJI app on my IPhone 8 plus”?
I just bought a very lightly used P3 Standard.... coming USPS 10-20-17...

I’ve read every post here... looks like I should be careful...

2017-10-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Do a check via Go app what FW and app version is on the copter and mobile.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rede Posted at 2017-10-17 09:19
Hello
I update 1.9.20 my p3s H: 30 D: 50 only working signal lost beck house, beck firmware 1.7 barometer error no work my drone dead please HELP ME!

What is the current firmware version of the drone? What is the APP version? Was the drone triggered the RTH when you noticed the Signal is lost?
2017-10-20
Use props
Rede
New
Poland

my only error signal lost , all update sukcesfull , dji go reinstall intsall clear no efek ,beck fimware old no efekt , my dron dead now work old time , aktual work max 25 meter time lost beck home fine
2017-10-20
Use props
djiuser_3T5MTQp
New

Puerto Rico

fans255d9152 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:59
Instalé la nueva versión y no accede a los modos de vuelo inteligente ni me permite volar en modo Atti

Hello
on December 31, I gave him the update that he asked me, from that moment it does not connect, in the app it allows me to connect!

What should I do?
2018-1-2
Use props
LarBear360
Second Officer
Flight distance : 63537 ft
United States

djiuser_3T5MTQp Posted at 2018-1-2 17:48
Hello
on December 31, I gave him the update that he asked me, from that moment it does not connect, in the app it allows me to connect!

I'm still getting signal lost at 600 feet or so. This weekend it went out 650 and lost signal coming back! I watched the screen recording and I lost bars almost instantly. On my airdata UAV logs I have 100% signal the entire flight.

I always stay line of sight and this is the first time since I've had the P3S that I have flown that far out so I can't say if I could have flown further before the last update. Not that I need it but it seems like I should be getting more distance than 600 feet.
2018-1-2
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

Rede if you use one of the newest dji go apps you need to be logged in to your account on dji.if not you will only be able to fly max 50 meters away
2018-1-2
Use props
Texan4ut
New
Flight distance : 1161 ft
United States

I haven’t flown my drone in awhile Phantom 3 std. I get it out of the case charge batteries and controller. Once charged I set it on my desk no props installed  fire up the remote fire drone connect to drone with my phone. Every thing looks good. Green box GPS signal Ready to fly.  Fire up the motors. I then got my other phone down loaded the app. When I linked it app said firmware update needed   Update done and IMU update done compass calibrate done.  Now I get instead of a green go light it says Video Transmission signal weak. Drone is on my desk next to the controller. Understand it is a software issue. Email me texan4ut@gmail.com on how to fix this issue.
2018-3-1
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Texan4ut Posted at 2018-3-1 15:13
I haven’t flown my drone in awhile Phantom 3 std. I get it out of the case charge batteries and controller. Once charged I set it on my desk no props installed  fire up the remote fire drone connect to drone with my phone. Every thing looks good. Green box GPS signal Ready to fly.  Fire up the motors. I then got my other phone down loaded the app. When I linked it app said firmware update needed   Update done and IMU update done compass calibrate done.  Now I get instead of a green go light it says Video Transmission signal weak. Drone is on my desk next to the controller. Understand it is a software issue. Email me  on how to fix this issue.

Since you've connected the ac to two different phones/tablets, make sure the other phone/tablet is off or wifi turned off. Once connected previously, both may connect to the ac wifi at same time, weakening the video and tx signal. Also, the app often may need to be forced closed before flights, especially if both litchi and go are on the same phone/tablet.
Hope this helps.
2018-3-1
Use props
fansf4253933
New

United States

I am having trouble with my DJI Phantom 3 standard losing RC signal at 150-200 feet altitude and higher. I feel like I tried every remedy like upgrading and downgrading firmware, reconnecting the controller, calibrating the controller,etc. nothing seems to work. Can somebody help me with this?
2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_bRz9a0TI3qBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20738 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 03:21
If this is a P3 Standard update announcement ............ then why show a P3 Pro update video ?
Also please explain this DJI.com down load page :

so I downloaded and in installed and now I dont see my drone in my phones wifi from the firmware v01.09.0200 you may no why
2021-12-31
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

So, is this a new update?  Shows 2017 on the posters date.
2022-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules