Are you satisfy with the range get from your Spark with Remote co...
45065 249 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

fans622a41dc Posted at 2017-6-27 12:42
I have never had bluetooth on, and have difficulties after 50 m with the RC. Video cuts out, controller, disconnects repeatedly, and the controller even locked up frozen at one point (see my thread on that). Very dissatisfied.

Sound like you got to try to connect your smartdevice via USB OTG instead of WiFI and use 2.4G channel.

Hope that works out well...
Nils
2017-6-27
Use props
Litleg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 540039 ft
United States

Dragonfly47 Posted at 2017-6-27 06:21
2700 meters in flat rural land with no modifications.

This is as far as I  have made it, there were storm clouds all around and didnt want to get stuck in rain, RTH hadn't came on yet.
[url=%5BURL=http://s812.photobucket.com/user/pgillmore/media/IMG_06671_zpsclxyue3t.png.html%5D[/URL]]max distance [/url]
2017-6-27
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I really want to know if anyone has tried these yet and seen a genuine improvement http://amzn.to/2rZvTeW
2017-6-27
Use props
Litleg
lvl.1
United States

I do have the Mavic polarpro range boosters you can buy at best buy.
2017-6-27
Use props
Litleg
lvl.1
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-27 13:48
I really want to know if anyone has tried these yet and seen a genuine improvement http://amzn.to/2rZvTeW

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pola ... 206.p?skuId=5714206

I have these and got the results shown above, I only turned around because of storm clouds.
2017-6-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

The result showed more than one third totally not satisfy with the range claimed by DJI after few days put up this vote.  I seriously think DJI should do something in up next firmware to improve the wifi connection between RC and spark, not just range.  My expectation of Spark is not fly 1-2km far, if it can fly few hundreds meters but stable video feed and control I am more than happy.  But now I experience disconnect with 5meters, thats remind me the old time with Bebop and SKC nightmare.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-27 01:05
Yes I did tried everything, and now range is a small issue but the RC disconnected with Spark after 10-15 connection sound really scary.  I had many flights now and everything get to second battery the RC connection will broke off in the middle of flight even in very close by area.  I suspect this has to do with either RC or Spark over heat or CPU overloaded.  Because I saw a warning of CPU overload pop up today.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product. Could you please help us to comfirm if the firmware of your RC and aircraft is the latest version? We would appreciate if you could export flight data to us for further analysis. Please download DJI Assistant 2, connect Spark with PC, find the Black Box and export data, thank you.
black box.png
2017-6-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
China

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 18:32
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product. Could you please help us to comfirm if the firmware of your RC and aircraft is the latest version? We would appreciate if you could export flight data to us for further analysis. Please download DJI Assistant 2, connect Spark with PC, find the Black Box and export data, thank you.

Thanks for your kindly follow up.  I already book appointment with DJI store and will bring back Spark plus RC for further check up.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-27 23:27
Thanks for your kindly follow up.  I already book appointment with DJI store and will bring them Spark plus RC for further check up.

Really sorry for the trouble that has been caused, hope our engineer will get it sorted out shortly.
2017-6-28
Use props
Robbo.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379475 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 00:38
Really sorry for the trouble that has been caused, hope our engineer will get it sorted out shortly.

My video transmission and general connection has been poor since I ran the suggested firmware update DJI Go 4 threw up at me. Wish I hadn't done it. Or is it the fact I was on my second battery....?
2017-6-28
Use props
Robbo.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 00:38

My video transmission and general connection has been poor since I ran the suggested firmware update DJI Go 4 threw up at me.
Or is it the fact I was on my second battery....?
Wish I hadn't done it.
2017-6-28
Use props
Robbo.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Robbo. Posted at 2017-6-28 11:51
My video transmission and general connection has been poor since I ran the suggested firmware update DJI Go 4 threw up at me.
Or is it the fact I was on my second battery....?
Wish I hadn't done it.

***Controller firmware update*** I meant to say.
2017-6-28
Use props
Robbo.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Robbo. Posted at 2017-6-28 11:57
***Controller firmware update*** I meant to say.

Sorry about the repeat posts - looks like my wifi problems aren't just with my toys;)
2017-6-28
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260981 ft
United States

7333 ft is that far?
IMG_1579.PNG
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robbo. Posted at 2017-6-28 13:02
Sorry about the repeat posts - looks like my wifi problems aren't just with my toys;)

How about the image transmission without RC? I mean connect the Spark with mobile device directly? Please avoid turning on Bluetooth or wearing any Bluetooth wrist watch. You can also try to switch to 5G channel with less interference.
2017-6-28
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 19:19
How about the image transmission without RC? I mean connect the Spark with mobile device directly? Please avoid turning on Bluetooth or wearing any Bluetooth wrist watch. You can also try to switch to 5G channel with less interference.

Is there any way to modify in firmware?  Since Spark is position as a selfie drone.  Every time use it need to take off wearable devices and off bluetooth sound very troublesome.
2017-6-28
Use props
Osku9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24849 ft
Finland

no no no no ono nononon onono ono
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-28 22:48
Is there any way to modify in firmware?  Since Spark is position as a selfie drone.  Every time use it need to take off wearable devices and off bluetooth sound very troublesome.

I understand how you feel, I believe our engineer is working on it, but have no idea if it will be solved soon, really sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-6-28
Use props
Dominix
New

Thailand

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-23 05:12
I've been out 1,200+ feet and 225 feet high.  I'm still not trusting this thing yet.  Once a new FW update is release I'll take it out further.

I'd like to ask how can you flew to 225 feet high? Normally it limits altitude only 98 feet. Is that from software trick or something?
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dominix Posted at 2017-6-29 01:25
I'd like to ask how can you flew to 225 feet high? Normally it limits altitude only 98 feet. Is that from software trick or something?

I am flying with a RC (Remote Control).  The Spark only limits altitude when either flying in "beginners mode" or flying with only a phone/tablet
2017-6-29
Use props
Angcharlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7257 ft
Indonesia

So what is the conclusion
Is that worthed it to have a RC ?

And what is the max REAL atti (not distance)?
2017-6-29
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

fans7dd18b97 Posted at 2017-6-25 19:51
I've been very nervous due to the screen cutting out off and on in some spots. But today I flew it 5200 feet without any issues. The key is turning off Bluetooth!

can you elaborate on this?  Turning off bluetooth on the mobile device or on the Spark?
2017-6-29
Use props
digimon
New
Flight distance : 48917 ft
United States

@MAVICDLNM. I saw some one posted their Spark can flight very far from RC, compare to them, I think your case is more like a Hardware defect. I would suggest you require a service from DJI.
Here is my story, hope it will make you feeling better. I will ends up to send it back to DJI for RMA.
I received my Spark fly More Combo yesterday(6/28) after waiting for 27 days.
After open the box, taking a lot of photos and charging batteries. Then I power on the Spark and RC.
1- RC did NOT connect to Spark, I even can't active the Spark. Not a problem, we are fans, Then I used DJI Assistant upgraded FW. Connect the phone to Spark directly then active my Spark in DJI GO 4.
Walking around the office and the connection was fair about 30m.
2-Try to pair RC to Spark by follow the instructions more than 100 times (used up two fully charged batteries) . There were 2 times(out of 100+) the RC paired BUT the connectivity is really really sucks, RC was about 2 cm (see photo) from the body of Spark, and the the link indicator flashing between red and green. DJI GO 4 screen keep popping lost video data connection / weak connection. This is obviously a problem for the datalink between RC and Spark.
After talked with Service Rep online, I will do RMA and will keep all posted on the progress and test result with the replacement.

2017-6-29
Use props
digimon
New
Flight distance : 48917 ft
United States

RE: Are you satisfy with the range get from your Spark with Remot...

digimon Posted at 2017-6-29 11:59
@MAVICDLNM. I saw some one posted their Spark can flight very far from RC, compare to them, I think your case is more like a Hardware defect. I would suggest you require a service from DJI.
Here is my story, hope it will make you feeling better. I will ends up to send it back to DJI for RMA.
I received my Spark fly More Combo yesterday(6/28) after waiting for 27 days.

Attach the picture again.
How close .jpg
2017-6-29
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

Not to sound too much like the "safety police", but at least in the USA aren't you supposed to keep your drone in visual range while flying?  Who can see this tiny thing past a few hundred yards let alone the  2 km (~2,200 yards) supposed range with the remote control?   Not me...then again my eyesight isn't perfect either.  

I would be curious as to how far other folks can truly see their spark.  Obviously its going to depend on eyesight, weather conditions, lighting, etc.  

So from that perspective, I am completely satisfied with the range,  
2017-6-29
Use props
FloodC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190 ft
Ireland

I seem to be getting max 200m before i loose connection. I know it advertises 2km, but i wasn't expecting that. I was hoping for a KM at least though. This is really disappointing.
2017-6-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got 700 meters with perfect video feed around my house a heavily populated area , I did not continue because battery was low and I had to come back, I usually fly in 2.4 GHz since it has more reach than 5.8 , and height of 50 metersI will try later in sport mode to go beyond 700 meters , and I'll try on the weekend at this huge park I fly to reach at. Least 1.2 km
2017-6-29
Use props
Dominix
New

Thailand

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-29 01:29
I am flying with a RC (Remote Control).  The Spark only limits altitude when either flying in "beginners mode" or flying with only a phone/tablet

Thanks a lot Tviscomi. I'm rookie here. Need a lot to learn.
2017-6-29
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I really do satisfy with my Spark RC range. I limit my flying within 500 m. distance and 90 m. height. For me, there is no point to fly the small drone like Spark too high and too far. Spark cannot stand in high wind velocity. Most people lost there drone because of this. 500 m. is far enough for the small battery capacity. You may need Mavic or Phantom 4 or even Inspire 2 to do the fly high/far mission. Spark is meant for entertainment. Just fly for fun.
2017-6-29
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Under part 107 in the US flying commercially, I am only supposed to fly the drone within line of sight.  This drone is so small, my old eyes can't see it too far away.  So as far as I am concerned, the range is more than I  can legally use.  Since the P4 is larger, I can see it farther away than I can the Spark.  I am totally satisfied.  
2017-6-30
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I got range up 520meters from completely different location, so the area around you and place take off take major roll of this range issue for Spark.  Honestly 500meter is good enough for small drone like Spark.  I have another problem with Spark and it's RC, so they both end up with DJI service now.  I will put up another post regard this once DJI get back to me about the symptoms caused.
2017-7-1
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Robbo. Posted at 2017-6-28 11:46
My video transmission and general connection has been poor since I ran the suggested firmware update DJI Go 4 threw up at me. Wish I hadn't done it. Or is it the fact I was on my second battery....?

this probably has nothing to do with second battery.  Our case is RC and Spark disconnected completely after certain flight or ON time.  Poor video or connection probably is another problem.
2017-7-2
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

How do I download DJI Assistant 2? I can't find it in the iOs App Store.
I'm keen to share my issue with seems common across users: lost of wifi connection/ image from 60m/90m between the Spark and the RC. I tried without wifi (i.e. with OTG cable), no bluetooth on, no interference (beach), different location, etc but still no luck. Bad connection and lag in the video transmission means I can't really fly safe.
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-2 03:15
How do I download DJI Assistant 2? I can't find it in the iOs App Store.
I'm keen to share my issue with seems common across users: lost of wifi connection/ image from 60m/90m between the Spark and the RC. I tried without wifi (i.e. with OTG cable), no bluetooth on, no interference (beach), different location, etc but still no luck. Bad connection and lag in the video transmission means I can't really fly safe.

The DJI Assistant is a PC based app/program
2017-7-2
Use props
fans72118b29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61250 ft
United States

I am a new pilot and beginner. I have 7 flights so far in past two days. I can not complain about my Spark, I have not tested it in any max range scenario, but for the money I paid for this, I have to say I am quite pleased. The videos I get after my flights are really cool to review and I have not had any "issues".
2017-7-2
Use props
Ylaztec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52595 ft
United States

Spark has been great for me as well. No issues so far and have taken some pretty cool videos. Range in suburban setting is about 1000ft. Furthest I have gone is 5880ft while on a hike w/o OTG cable.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans6e6a0058
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219275 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joker Eh Posted at 2017-6-23 09:30
Well I found this. Flying for fun

The text is odd, it says they are rules and not the law. But how can you can be fined if it is not law?

If you were unaware, the rules for hobbyists in Canada have changed slightly.  (No transfer of money or goods for work/labour with drone can occur as a hobbyist)

For example, you can now fly within 5.5km of an airport in Canada.

See this link for details: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilav ... safely-legally.html

Fly your drone:

below 90 m above the ground
at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
outside of controlled or restricted airspace
at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
away from areas where operation could interfere with police or first responders
during the day and not in clouds
within your sight at all times
within 500 m of yourself or closer
only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number
2017-7-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans6e6a0058 Posted at 2017-7-2 15:18
If you were unaware, the rules for hobbyists in Canada have changed slightly.  (No transfer of money or goods for work/labour with drone can occur as a hobbyist)

For example, you can now fly within 5.5km of an airport in Canada.

So the new update rules all good for Spark, which like is custom design for it.
2017-7-2
Use props
MattyMo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36949 ft
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-2 20:01
So the new update rules all good for Spark, which like is custom design for it.

I'm new to the drone world... however, I'm running into an issue which may not be the same.  While flying over a lake (open area; no power lines) my spark announces I've reached the maximum distance of 1500 feet.  It's in Sport Mode (not beginner).  What am I missing?  

FYI - I'm flying in the United States and I'm using an iPhone to the DJI Spark/Remote Flymore Combo.  

Suggestions?  
2017-7-3
Use props
fans72e8b49d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got over 10,000ft with rc (remote control)
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules