Are you satisfy with the range get from your Spark with Remote co...
45069 249 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
catala
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

HI, i would like to know if AutoPilot  or Lichi allowes me to go further than with the remote, I'm acutally only getting around 400m away and i would like to know if i could plan a mission for example to go further than that and sucessfully coming back, so all the information is stored in the drone and not depending on the controller. Thank you so much!
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI_SPARK_UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I love the spark, but the limited range due to power reduction for EU units is killing it for me in Europe, its flat out breaking up a lot which makes getting all but close up shots difficult.
Its a drone I can take everywhere, but also a drone i don't want to take everywhere because a lot of the uses I have for the drone involve flying further than it can work smoothly.

And don't think its works smoothly within its stated range because it does not, I have a good iphone with an A9 chip.

Ironically the thing that is supposed to make it safer has made it more dangerous because it drops signal and returns to home so much.
I have had more Return to homes in the last week, than I have in the 3 years to owning DJI products.
2017-9-21
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I'm happy with the range given that I've not flown it farther then line of sight; as it's illegal here in Canada.  Might try it later this weekend in an open field and see how far I can push it
2017-9-21
Use props
fansa2cf0074
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239590 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday I reached 2089m at 90m height, before RTH was activated FCC.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa2cf0074 Posted at 2017-9-21 11:44
Yesterday I reached 2089m at 90m height, before RTH was activated FCC.

How come you are FCC, are you not in Europe.
2017-9-21
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-23 14:04
Has anyone tried these range extenders on the Spark, being that the Spark uses pure wIfi im thinking they would help, let me know, I want to know if they make a difference before i buy them. http://amzn.to/2t4EUrb

i have some, and they work really well actually, as long as you're pointing them toward the spark.  I haven't gone past the listed max range with them, but i've gone out to the same distances as i did before, but the video feed is rock solid, no stuttering, cutouts, etc.  I just haven't had a need to fly further really, but the improvement is very noticeable in that there is no more signal loss or video stuttering while flying, which makes it much easier to capture smooth video shots.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:09
How come you are FCC, are you not in Europe.

The name of my Spark is "Liberty VD" and the VD stands for "Virtual Dislocation"
2017-9-22
Use props
Muhammad Zaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28176 ft
Pakistan

Hello I am having a similar problem. I just bought the fly more combo. Biginner mode is off distance is set at 7000m. I t cant go beyond 250m. really disapointed.
2017-9-23
Use props
Muhammad Zaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28176 ft
Pakistan

Nikp Posted at 2017-8-6 01:37
Im very happy with my spark, love flying it, but im also a little disappointed by the range.
I get about 200m before i start getting problems. Either the Video is so laggy, its basically impossible to film or i lose connection.
I have the RC (mostly in 5.4,ghz but i have tried a 2.4ghz a few times). Im flying in nature, so very little interferences, but quite a few trees. Im using iphone 6s.

I am having similar range issue I can only go 250meter in the city area.
2017-9-24
Use props
fansa6baed40
New
Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico, US property. I am getting 700-800 meters in 5.8. In a metro area.
2017-11-25
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I'm in the US, and the longest flight I've had was 1.4 KM which is just shy of a mile and way further than I can see "Line of Sight" (I was being "bad"), and almost totally over water about 200-300 feet up.  I probably could have pushed it a few 100 feet further, but didn't want to risk it.  That was in an open field with no range extenders (which I own, but have not really used).

So for me, considering you are not supposed to fly out of "Line of Sight" in the US, I can answer YES, I am satisfied with the distance I can get with my Spark.

I would add that I do use a DJI Crystal Sky hooked up to my remote controller via wifi (no OTG), and I can't say how much I love the Crystal Sky.  IT JUST WORKS....  ;-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-25
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-23 14:04
Has anyone tried these range extenders on the Spark, being that the Spark uses pure wIfi im thinking they would help, let me know, I want to know if they make a difference before i buy them. http://amzn.to/2t4EUrb

Don't use them...not worth it...  just makes your RC bulkier...
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_qE6naep
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mate with WiFi without remote is not moving more than 20m... Shameful..
2018-1-4
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

Never got more than 360m, even with direct line of sight to the drone in wide open areas. Tried both 2.4 and 5.8 (have not tried OTG).
2018-1-4
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe the spark can not work as advertised.  Range problems are getting worse with every update.

Is dji decreasing the watts on the Rc of the spark?
2018-7-15
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

AGAIN PPL, ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH RANGE, FIRST!!! TRY TO DOWNGRADE THE APP TO VERSION 4.2.12, SEE IF THAT HELPS.
2018-7-17
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use range extenders.  They work really well for me.  I don't use it all the time, but when I start to lose signal I put them on n the signal returns.  They work.
2018-7-17
Use props
R503B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14672 ft

I have had no issues so far.
2018-7-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I still stuck with the usual 1-2 km (FCC/cable/no extenders).
Just occasionally, I can make it to 2500 or even 3000m (only 1 time, so dissapointing ;-)

Guys, it is wifi, only!
The advertised 2 km are in FCC and even there just if all surroundings playing ball.
And hopefully the CE-punished pilots are getting the advantage of a "fully supported OTG", soon! (4.2.21?)
In big Cities, even over water (Marina bay Singapore, p.ex, Shanghai, Huangpu River), but still in FCC mode ;-), there is a magical ~5-700m limitation coming in the game, sometimes.
Interferences, I guess. Perhaps even reflections from the own RC Signal
Same if having some higher trees aside but not even in the middle of the flightpath

It is really important to look for the surroundings.
2018-7-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-18 00:07
Just occasionally, I can make it to 2500 or even 3000m (only 1 time, so dissapointing ;-)

S-e-ven
This is Spark we talk about.  Not sure why people not satisfied with 1-2km for a drone that can only fly 15mins.  I had most of DJI drone even with Mavic Air fly over 3.3km and it now end up in the ocean!  But thats another story I don’t plan to go over here.
2018-7-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I am satisfied with the distance my sparks are flying.
I may have forgotten the [/sarcasm] tag, after the first paragraph.
2018-7-18
Use props
vinz_1989
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211913 ft
Australia

I am quite happy with the distance honestly (under FCC mode). However, CE mode is crazy scary as the signal constantly dropped off even with 100m distance. I am not sure whether DJI should be allowed to advertise its max distance as 2km in counties that adopt CE modes. It is very misleading.
2018-7-18
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Just flew my personal best 615 meters im scared to let go any further without a proper gps, (that i ordered from amazon but the delivery is late a week almost)
2018-7-19
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

765 mts on 5.8ghz and 900 mts on 2.4ghz before total loss of signal. So i guess that 2.4ghz does give it a little more umpf and more distance;) on fcc obviously.
2018-7-20
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I just did 2025 meters in an open field! I turned back myself, could have gone further. Only plastic parabolic range extenders were used.
Safe Flying
2018-8-13
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

In Australia we are allowed a height of 120m and a distance of VLOS. I can see it out to 300m, but if I look away I can't pick it up again. So I guess my limits are 120m high and 300m out. I did try it out to 500m a couple of times.The video was still great but then I always try to fly my Spark in areas of low wifi interference.

With such great navigational aides such as compass, maps and RTH, we are virtually encouraged to fly beyond VLOS. It seems that on this forum a lot of people lose their drones beyond VLOS, probably because (like me) they find the challenge so much fun.
2018-8-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Yes it is a lot of fun
2018-8-13
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

New record! 2300 meters!
sparky2 can fly further next time.
So yes, I’m pretty satisfied

Safe flying.
Alex.
2018-9-3
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2018-8-13 14:38
In Australia we are allowed a height of 120m and a distance of VLOS. I can see it out to 300m, but if I look away I can't pick it up again. So I guess my limits are 120m high and 300m out. I did try it out to 500m a couple of times.The video was still great but then I always try to fly my Spark in areas of low wifi interference.

With such great navigational aides such as compass, maps and RTH, we are virtually encouraged to fly beyond VLOS. It seems that on this forum a lot of people lose their drones beyond VLOS, probably because (like me) they find the challenge so much fun.

Spot on!
Thats the same limits i have to be honest. (In UK) On wifi the furthest distance i ever achieved was 350metres distance with probably 20m height. That was a horrific flight though as it lost connection (obviously) and heavily drifted while the gimbal erratically went up and down!! The video was hilarious especially when you can hear the sheer panic in my voice!!!!
Now i'm on OTG cable and have got to around the 300m mark without loss of connection but have still lost connection a couple of times using OTG so im not fully 100% confident with it but i am considerably more than i was with wifi; that was very sketchy!!!! One day i'll get a mavic 2!!
2018-9-4
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-18 00:07

Very true!!
What are the legal limits in Thailand? Assume LOS and 100M height?
I'm going to koh lanta and a couple of other locations next February!
2018-9-4
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Since 2017, registration with the CAAT is required if your drone is equipped with a camera or weighs more than 2 kilograms. This means that all common drones (including DJI Mavic Air and DJI Spark) must be registered.
I found this information on this guys web page, it’s very useful.
He outlines the drone laws in maaany countries all over the world,
I would say all the main ones.
More here https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-thailand/

Fly safe people.
Alex.
2018-9-4
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

n addition, you will need to upload a signed self-report, a picture of the drone showing the serial number, and proof of your drone insurance.

Damn I just don’t like it at all,when the insurance is mandatory!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-9-4 00:34
Very true!!

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/27220

You could get it registered, till february.
Just: you really need to mail em ALL they want, include a compulsory insurance police in english, valid worldwide or Thailand

And dont expect "we got ur application, please add...." or even just a "received" mail.
You will get an email with a registration and you can but dont have to pick up the original in Bangkok, or you wont here anything from them.

Actually I assume, now with the self declafation form online, it could get quicker as 6 month, like it was till mid 2018, somehow.
2018-9-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

Very true!!

Just: you really need to mail em ALL they want, include a compulsory insurance police in english, valid worldwide or Thailand

And dont expect "we got ur application, please add...." or even just a "received" mail.
You will get an email with a registration and you can but dont have to pick up the original in Bangkok, or you wont here anything from them.

Actually I assume, now with the self declafation form online, it could get quicker as 6 month, like it was till mid 2018, somehow.
2018-9-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

Very true!!

You will get an email with a registration and you can but dont have to pick up the original in Bangkok, or you wont hear anything from them.

2018-9-4
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-9-4 07:46

Thanks for your help here.....
I'll be honest, I'm more confused now than i was this morning before i had started reading about.
So i have to fill in some forms to register, it takes a while to get the confirmation. Thats all fine. But I also MUST pay a high price for public liability insurance for a 2 week holiday of NON COMMERCIAL hobby flying away from the general public>??? And then prove i have bought this insurance???
2018-9-4
Use props
el angel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14626 ft

United States

I'm satisfied with the range, just tested it outside the city and there is a really big difference. Got to 500m max altitude, and the spark was still responding properly. Maximum distance only 300m but I was not able to see the spark at that distance. Probably next time I'll check range at 100m altittude and shoot for the 2000m advertised.

On city it's another story, continuous disconnects.. but still its a very fine drone for me, can't see a reason other than fly time for having a mavic or other drone really.
2018-9-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

el angel Posted at 2018-9-4 08:52
I'm satisfied with the range, just tested it outside the city and there is a really big difference. Got to 500m max altitude, and the spark was still responding properly. Maximum distance only 300m but I was not able to see the spark at that distance. Probably next time I'll check range at 100m altittude and shoot for the 2000m advertised.

On city it's another story, continuous disconnects.. but still its a very fine drone for me, can't see a reason other than fly time for having a mavic or other drone really.

You do know that by law you can only go 120 meters high maximum!!!
And I personally think that this rule is muuuch more important than the LOS rule.
I always fly max 120 meters here in Spain.
If I were you, I would read and remember the laws regarding drones, if you get caught then you would be paying maaany thousands in fines!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-23 04:39
in my country its illigal to fly higher than 90 meters and further than 500 meters away from you. plus i dont need any more distance with what im using it for.

Also Canadian. I've flown 500m in altitude and over 2km away. Its fine. I've also flown at Niagara Falls, The cops arrived and was told to land it, nothing serious though.
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I'm satisfied. I've flown at a max distance of 2023m meters and glad it could do that shown its capabilities.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules