Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Now I am feeling tricked by DJI
12Next >
5204 67 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

In the user manual 1.2 you can find everywhere that in activetrac or gesture mode resolution of the photos are wooping 1440x1080!? Why I am learning that now not at the premiere... The whole thing is starting to not make sense
IMG_20170623_134025.jpg
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Sorry for the picture
Screenshot_20170623-134746.png
Screenshot_20170623-134727.png
2017-6-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its borderline false advertising but they don't claim that images captured using gestures are at 12mp. I'm stuck on the fence if I should cancel my order or not but this is a new product. I'm sure they will iron out the kinks. I just hope they sort out the follow gesture to allow it to start recording video when you wave it away so it follows and records you.
2017-6-23
Use props
Bluewedge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5174 ft
United States

I guess that explains how they are going to address the photo res difference.
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-6-23 04:01
Its borderline false advertising but they don't claim that images captured using gestures are at 12mp. I'm stuck on the fence if I should cancel my order or not but this is a new product. I'm sure they will iron out the kinks. I just hope they sort out the follow gesture to allow it to start recording video when you wave it away so it follows and records you.

But what do you expect from this video 720p or 480p ? ... If it cant do a full res still.
2017-6-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-23 04:23
But what do you expect from this video 720p or 480p ? ... If it cant do a full res still.

I expect what they are advertising. 1080p video and 12mp photos. Even more so when they are heavily promoting the selfie mode!
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-6-23 04:01

i 100% agree with this, i would like for it to follow me in sport mode too but i feel like that's a long shot!
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-23 05:22
i 100% agree with this, i would like for it to follow me in sport mode too but i feel like that's a long shot!

Yeah, that'll never happen.
2017-6-23
Use props
Doolin64
lvl.1
United States

Sort of a side topic, but I think it's relevant.  How's the Mavic in follow me mode?  What level is it's video/ pictures.  This may cause me to cancel my Spark order too.
2017-6-23
Use props
Bluewedge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5174 ft
United States

For some of us 7 days no questions asked is over. Someone knew there was a res difference at DJI and failed to disclose it? I don't remember it being discussed anywhere until after launch. I don't remember reviews mentioning it.

Something is odd about this. I could have sworn some of the photos I took with gesture mode were at the higher res. I checked and I do have highres photos with me making the sign, taking them in gesture. Firmware hasn't changed since the initial update. So how was I taking photos in highres with gesture if it isn't possible ?   

2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

I did check today recording in active track . When I hit the GO button image resolution got even worse in live view on my phone... On my phone got the 720p video from the buffer I thinkas a result . At home I did check the SD card to find a full HD version... WTF ,or I can't read the user manual or some thing is messed up.
2017-6-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-23 13:51
I did check today recording in active track . When I hit the GO button image resolution got even worse in live view on my phone... On my phone got the 720p video from the buffer I thinkas a result . At home I did check the SD card to find a full HD version... WTF ,or I can't read the user manual or some thing is messed up.

This is correct, the original 1080p footage is captured to the SD card on the spark itself, your phone will capture the 720p stream as it comes from the spark.
2017-6-26
Use props
onefourten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18330 ft
United Kingdom

Bluewedge Posted at 2017-6-23 06:05
For some of us 7 days no questions asked is over. Someone knew there was a res difference at DJI and failed to disclose it? I don't remember it being discussed anywhere until after launch. I don't remember reviews mentioning it.

Something is odd about this. I could have sworn some of the photos I took with gesture mode were at the higher res. I checked and I do have highres photos with me making the sign, taking them in gesture. Firmware hasn't changed since the initial update. So how was I taking photos in highres with gesture if it isn't possible ?

"7 days no questions asked"... I'm assuming you mean the refund policy?

Is it possible to return the Spark within 7 days even if I've flown it?
2017-6-26
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

From what i have tested i can clearly state this :
The Manual is written badly , misleading.
The low res Photos are only that you get instantly thru the App to Phone
The Activetrack videos and photo Selfie from gesture are in FULL res on the SDCard
Only the Shallow focus and Pano are in lower res because they are MADE in the App .

So DJI For your own good, explain better what we get , and when.
2017-6-27
Use props
MrGlass86
New
United States

I'm also extremely disappointed. They didn't say ANYTHING about the gesture mode images being so low resolution at any point during the presentation or anywhere on the website. Came to this forum to figure out if I was missing something. DJI please clarify what the answer will be or I'm returning my Spark. The whole reason I wanted the Spark for for Gesture mode, but 1080p stills are so useless.
2017-6-27
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

MrGlass86 Posted at 2017-6-27 07:29
I'm also extremely disappointed. They didn't say ANYTHING about the gesture mode images being so low resolution at any point during the presentation or anywhere on the website. Came to this forum to figure out if I was missing something. DJI please clarify what the answer will be or I'm returning my Spark. The whole reason I wanted the Spark for for Gesture mode, but 1080p stills are so useless.

READ what i wrote :
Selfies and videos are full resolution ON THE SD CARD
2017-6-28
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 00:00
READ what i wrote :

Hi Szwedu, Can you run a little test for us? Taking the selfie in gesture mode without connecting the RC and Phone, and see what is the resolution of the selfie in your SD card. Thanks.
2017-6-28
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been following this thread and others like it.  Not sure where the issue is here.  The 1st thing that I did when I received my 1st Spark (I have 2) was "goof off" with all the gesture crap and took a selfie pic.  I then took the SD card out of the Spark and copied to my PC to view/edit the picture.  The picture was FULL resolution.
2017-6-28
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

isaacchu

i don't have RC , didn't came (combo) to Poland yet.

Tviscomi

It's because of the poor manual . look at my first post , when i read it,  (and English is for me a foreign language ) i clearly think that the final product will be in that resolution :]
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-27 00:43

I just checked a photo that I shot yesterday. Shot on Spark, used DJI Go to transfer the file to my S8+ and the file is 1440x1080 (2MP)

I just connected the microSD to my laptop and checked the image files - they are still 1440x1080. All images captured using gesture are 2MP, regardless of whether it was transferred on app or phone.

However, for images shot without using gesture mode, the image dimensions are 3968x2976 (12MP)
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

READ what i wrote :

They aren't. I just checked.

Image when transferred via DJI Go 4 from Spark to phone = 2MP
Took out the SD card, inserted into my laptop. Same file = 2MP

Images shot without using gesture mode (i.e. using smartphone and DJI Go 4) = 12MP
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

READ what i wrote :

They aren't. I just checked.

Image when transferred via DJI Go 4 from Spark to phone = 2MP
Took out the SD card, inserted into my laptop. Same file = 2MP

Images shot without using gesture mode (i.e. using smartphone and DJI Go 4) = 12MP
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 02:53
isaacchu

i don't have RC , didn't came (combo) to Poland yet.

The manual is correct. I just checked it.
2017-6-28
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Ken-W Posted at 2017-6-28 03:17
I just checked a photo that I shot yesterday. Shot on Spark, used DJI Go to transfer the file to my S8+ and the file is 1440x1080 (2MP)

I just connected the microSD to my laptop and checked the image files - they are still 1440x1080. All images captured using gesture are 2MP, regardless of whether it was transferred on app or phone.

Or you are doing something wrong OR it's defective :p
2017-6-28
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-27 00:43

Thanks for this Szwedu, makes it clear that we do get the full res on the card but the images sent to the app are the lower resolution images. Makes sense because if you are flying without an sd card they will be sent straight to your device.
2017-6-28
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

As some of you wont a proof here is me and my daughter ,and like you can see there is no phone in my hands :]
6Capture.jpg
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 03:45
As some of you wont a proof here is me and my daughter ,and like you can see there is no phone in my hands :]

aaaand, this is just freaky now. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not aware of? I don't even see settings that allow me to change resolution / MP4 vs MOV, etc

And you're saying this is shot from a PalmLaunch, PalmControl, and the capture gesture?
2017-6-28
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Ken-W Posted at 2017-6-28 03:50
aaaand, this is just freaky now. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not aware of? I don't even see settings that allow me to change resolution / MP4 vs MOV, etc

And you're saying this is shot from a PalmLaunch, PalmControl, and the capture gesture?

Yes my daughter did a palm lunch there :p , i realy have no intentions to fake something my friend p
In Movie there is no settings , in photo you have tabs for manual shutter iso wb etc.
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 03:56
Yes my daughter did a palm lunch there :p , i realy have no intentions to fake something my friend p
In Movie there is no settings , in photo you have tabs for manual shutter is wb etc.

This just blows my mind right now. I have no idea how you're doing it. I just tested it on my other Spark and it's the same thing - 2 MP when I do a PalmLaunch, and gesture to take a photo!
2017-6-28
Use props
fans0c7570ba
lvl.1
Netherlands

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 03:56
In Movie there is no settings , in photo you have tabs for manual shutter iso wb etc.

Was the pic made BEFORE or AFTER installation of the (yesterday) updated DJI GO4 app?
2017-6-28
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

i am on Android ,  we didn't get an update...
My spark was updated once , after registration out of the box , that s it.
2017-6-28
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I just tested this yesterday evening - same results as before. When I use the gesture to get the Spark to take a photo, the image is 2MP. If I use the shutter button on the phone, it's 12MP
2017-6-28
Use props
iJeff1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366148 ft
Singapore

Interestingly, this sentence "Note that the resolution of photos is 1440×1080 in Gesture mode." was not mentioned in the Spark Manual version 1.0.  It was only subsequently inserted in version 1.2.
I was really disappointed to find out about this when I took a selfie shot using Gesture Control this morning!  I was wondering why the image quaity looks so bad until I check the resolution.  The photo was downloaded from the mico SD card into my iMac.

2017-6-29
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

You can compare the NEW manual to the old one here
https://draftable.com/compare/IITMSBagYVqM
2017-6-29
Use props
motopa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

This is a terrible limitation. This failure, and 100 m in active tracking are the worst part.
I would like to buy a Spark, it´s perfect for my plans... but it doesn´t work.

will be this solved?
2017-6-30
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 01:30
This is a terrible limitation. This failure, and 100 m in active tracking are the worst part.
I would like to buy a Spark, it´s perfect for my plans... but it doesn´t work.

about what limitations you are talking about  ?
2017-6-30
Use props
motopa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

limitation 1: no photos in gesture mode. 1440x1080=no photo, icon size. Then, you can´t use the gesture mode (for what? no photo... and no video...). Gesture mode it´s fantastic for selfie... you don´t need open app, take off from palm... all very fast. But doesn´t work.

limitation 2: 100 meteres from home point (where you start) in active track mode... you can´t run bicycle, motorbike, atv .... more than 100 meters from you start point, even spark is 5 meters away from you.
2017-6-30
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.1
United States

Why would the photos be diff resolution?? Same camera taking pic.  WTH?
2017-6-30
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I use palm take off, fly mode no change, use gesture take photo, and then palm landing, download from the Spark and got 3698x2976 image. Provided that I always connect the RC to the Spark and mobile before take off.

https://goo.gl/photos/C3V1tUFD3aLvHA9K6

2017-6-30
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 04:55
limitation 1: no photos in gesture mode. 1440x1080=no photo, icon size. Then, you can´t use the gesture mode (for what? no photo... and no video...). Gesture mode it´s fantastic for selfie... you don´t need open app, take off from palm... all very fast. But doesn´t work.

limitation 2: 100 meteres from home point (where you start) in active track mode... you can´t run bicycle, motorbike, atv .... more than 100 meters from you start point, even spark is 5 meters away from you.

maybe if you changed the home point to the controller? maybe that would fix your problem
2017-6-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules