Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does your sparks automated flight modes work as promised?
9451 9451 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Lets get a poll started so DJI will hopefully beable to see how many people are having issues with their DJI spark, after you vote please say what problems you are having.

For me im not having any problems as of yet but i will update on this thread when/if something goes wrong.

Single SelectVote, Total 109 people participate in voting View Poll participants
30.28% (33)
38.53% (42)
31.19% (34)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-6-23
Use props
J Beaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

Dronie fly's backward but doesn't gain altitude.   Support told me that although they advertise support for Android 4.0 "and later," that android 7.0 is not currently supported.  I don't think that's the actual reason, since people with iOS have posted on here about dronie not working properly either.  Hopefully an update is coming soon to fix these issues.  
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

J Beaker Posted at 2017-6-23 07:03
Dronie fly's backward but doesn't gain altitude.   Support told me that although they advertise support for Android 4.0 "and later," that android 7.0 is not currently supported.  I don't think that's the actual reason, since people with iOS have posted on here about dronie not working properly either.  Hopefully an update is coming soon to fix these issues.

thats so strange! i heard of some update or new app that was supposed to be out this week but im not sure what it will do/fix? no sign of it yet
2017-6-23
Use props
fanse3ef7808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115741 ft
United States

They don't work for me.
I'm using an iPhone 6s with iOS 10 and the RC.

Dronie goes back super far and doesn't gain altitude (need to stop it before it crashes with stuff really far behind).

Rocket takes off fine, but then starts drifting like crazy seemingly without ever stopping. Had to stop it twice before it hit some really tall trees that were pretty far from where I started.

No way I'll try circle and helix until I get some assurance that they *might* work..
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

fanse3ef7808 Posted at 2017-6-23 07:12
They don't work for me.

is it only the quick shots that don't work for you?
2017-6-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the gesture to take a selfie and the spark started flying in a circle then crashed into my porch so be careful !!!!!
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

im online with dji support now.
2017-6-23
Use props
MoFoFoUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488261 ft
United Kingdom

Dronie doesn't work for me either. It flys backwards but doesn't gain altitude. Using iPhone 7plus.
All the other quick shots seem to work fine
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

MoFoFoUK Posted at 2017-6-23 08:43
Dronie doesn't work for me either. It flys backwards but doesn't gain altitude. Using iPhone 7plus.

i was just online with dji support and they said theres a new firmware update as of yesterday, firmware : v01.03.0900
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:50
i was just online with dji support and they said theres a new firmware update as of yesterday, firmware : v01.03.0900

Yeah..for the Mavic
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101349-1-1.html

2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

that may be the last time i contact dji support due to there inability to give accurate info.
2017-6-23
Use props
ArthurL
lvl.1

Malaysia

These setting might help

233516zq66mpn16qnf9qjm.png
2017-6-23
Use props
JDAVIS21
lvl.1
United States

The current version I have is 1.00.0400, I doubt they would jump 2 revisions of code already.
2017-6-23
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

ArthurL Posted at 2017-6-23 09:14
These setting might help

That's interesting - have not seen any reference to that setting in any manual that I can recall, or in any of the tutorials.  I'm anxious to try it later today.
2017-6-23
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Netherlands

All working for us
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I am ok with quickshots , but i cant even try them fully because i lost signal + well known problem with 5.8Ghz in Europe (channels)
2017-6-23
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I've only been able to try Dronie because of limited space.  As others have said, it just went backwards - not up.  I'm using and iPhone 7 with iOS 10 and the RC.

2017-6-23
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

So my Spark is also not gaining altitude while flying backward in dronie mode. Also in helix mode it drifts away from subject. Rocket and circle seems to work fine. I am going back and forth with dji support ( chat ) and they first told me to reinstall the app (dji go 4) on my note 4 and refresh the firmware (v01.00.0400) . So i did that and tried Dronie again. But it still didnt work. Again had a chat session with dji support. This time they told e to do compass calibration and IMU calibration and then again refresh the Firmware (v01.00.0400) and reinstall the app. So i did all that but still spark is not gaining altitude in Dronie. I have no idea what to do about that. Please help me.
2017-6-25
Use props
Lorador
Banned

China

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-25
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6273 ft
United Kingdom

Dronie doesn't work. For me either. I've not tried it on my ipad though only my s8. For an automated manoeuvre though I wouldn't have thought operating system on the app would have a huge impact?
2017-6-25
Use props
nikonize31
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Could not get the recording to start in this mode and the modes themself did NOT function right!
2017-6-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:50

Really good job!
2017-6-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I thought the SPARK is perfect. lol
2017-6-25
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

fans1f4f12cb Posted at 2017-6-25 10:12
Dronie doesn't work. For me either. I've not tried it on my ipad though only my s8. For an automated manoeuvre though I wouldn't have thought operating system on the app would have a huge impact?

Hi, since you are using Android phone S8, I think my thread might help you, I have no issue at all with Spark now:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101350-1-1.html
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

J Beaker Posted at 2017-6-23 07:03

Sorry to hear about the issue you're faced with, J Beaker, could you please export the data for analysis? Thank you in advance.To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Black box" in the left side, you could save it to local, here is the picture for your reference: Spsrk data output.png
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Lorador Posted at 2017-6-25 07:38
Anyone know that if the goggles can be applied with Spark? http://forum.dji.com/thread-101777-1-1.html

Not yet, but will be available soon.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-23 07:27
I did the gesture to take a selfie and the spark started flying in a circle then crashed into my porch so be careful !!!!!

Sorry for the crash, Aerial, is the drone damaged? If yes, please send it in for diagnosis and repair. Or you can contact the Support to submit a data analysis if the drone is not damaged. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fanse3ef7808 Posted at 2017-6-23 07:12
They don't work for me.

Sorry for this, could you please export the black box data for analysis, we'd like to check it.
PS: To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Black box" in the left side, you could save it to local.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MoFoFoUK Posted at 2017-6-23 08:43

Please ensure the drone is flying more than 2 meters above the ground, then try the dronie Mode again, see if it works. If it is still the same, please export the black box data for further analysis, like Thor mentioned.
2017-6-25
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

Dronie worked fine for me but I had an issue testing Helix mode. It lost track of my boat mid turn but I have to try it again to see if the issue persists.
2017-6-26
Use props
letsfly
lvl.1
United States

These modes do not work.  Thank goodness I went and tested on a open field.  Dronie moved backwards but not up.  Spiral just flings away.  Good think I have a remote and the pause button as it goes off to no-where.  Rocket seemed to work and track the subject.  Everything else seems to work but clearly these self shots should not be trusted if there are any objects around.  It really is scary in spiral mode how it bolts off  away.  Good thing RTH mode works.  Granted if I select imperial units DJI could you make ALL menus imperial and not have to enter stuff in meters even if you display feet.  Like this drone and hope a update fixes it for now will stick with Karam for the shot path modes.
2017-6-26
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Tried all of the quickshots , here is a video of cached video from my phone  , didn't have time to edit the original files. There was NO wind.
1 Circle (drifts , not so smooth)
2 Dronie
3 Helix (lost me at the end , and drifts)
4 Rocket ( i was moving , good tracking)
And the quickshots short edited versions are choppy
2017-6-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-6-25 15:14
I thought the SPARK is perfect. lol

definitely not perfect, just perfect for me!
2017-6-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-27 06:06
definitely not perfect, just perfect for me!

Again, Good for you!
2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok everything working for me , except helix starts at some 70 meters away much to big a circle, had to cancel it, hoping it will be refined. Also have to link up everything when I change the battery , RC is connected to AC ok but app saying disconnected. Small problems will get sorted. Would like transmission to improve glitchy downlink but video pretty good.
2017-6-27
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

I'm a newbie DJI owner - but thought I'd add my experience, and hope someone with more success/experience might offer some helpful advice.  I'm flying Spark with a Remote Controller, using an iPad 4 mini, and have tried both an OTG cable and connection cable, and the WiFi connection.  Having a lot of fun flying and gaining confidence, flying farther, faster, and enjoying the control I'm gaining.  However, the advertised and impressive QuickShot "dronie" and "helix" modes are pretty frustrating.  Dronie flys straight backwards, tracking the subject, but doesn't gain altitude.  Helix starts tracking subject, rises, starts to circle, and then flys so far away from the subject that it loses "sight" and simply is going away - so I have to take back over flying.  I was able to change the distance parameter for "helix" - but it didn't seem to make any difference.  The automatic tracking of a subject seems to be working, and the "rocket" and "circle" modes seem to work fairly well.  I'll probably use both of them on vacation in the Turks and Caicos - but would really like to have "helix" working.  I'm impressed with the Spark and Remote Controller - and will continue using it - but it's not quite the "beginners photography platform" that I imagined - at least in it's current state.  I haven't used the DJI software to edit videos to any degree, finding iMovie to be easier for me to use to edit the files.  Suggestions anyone?
2017-6-27
Use props
QHovey
lvl.1
United States

These setting might help

Thanks for pointing this out. It states this option is available for all quick shots except circle, which is bummer. I really want the ability to adjust the radius it circles from the target.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans3c3673db
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Dear Administrator...After experiencing these same problems and noting a large percentage of responders on the forum have some sort of issue with Quickshot, why don't you guys just pull a couple Sparks off the shelf and go fly them yourselves and record your own fails.  I sent the Black Box folder zipped to tech support.  Your wanting something in Dropbox is totally foreign language to me...I go there and see nothing about building a link.  The problem in Quickshot is so prevalent you should be able to get the data yourselves!!!
2017-6-27
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

These setting might help

This doesn't do anything for me. It just the does the same thing. Drone just drifts back no matter what I set it at. It goes back back back and the same level.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

quint7 Posted at 2017-6-29 18:39
This doesn't do anything for me. It just the does the same thing. Drone just drifts back no matter what I set it at. It goes back back back and the same level.

Hi, I replied your another post, please visit: http://forum.dji.com/thread-101664-1-1.html , post 12# .
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules