Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CrystalSky & Spark
3606 18 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that the CrystalSky is available...what do you think the chances are that it'll funtion properly with the Spark?
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Perhaps once the product is out for a little while. However, it may be too big for the Spark remote at this time.
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-23 07:38
Perhaps once the product is out for a little while. However, it may be too big for the Spark remote at this time.

Apart from it not fitting in the remote...would anything else hinder it from functioning with the Spark?
2017-6-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I'd be overjoyed if the Bigger / Brighter CrystalSky was Mavic compatible.

Sorry to hijack your thread.
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-23 07:40
I'd be overjoyed if the Bigger / Brighter CrystalSky was Mavic compatible.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Yeah, that would be better suited for the Mavic forum.  I like to keep these guys (Moderators) focused on one topic at a time.
2017-6-23
Use props
fansd2b11e6f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I suspect that the CrystalSky would work with the Spark directly over WiFi, such that it replaces the smartphone. My recent experience using the Spark with my iPhone 6 Plus in daylight has not been positive - the iPhone display almost completely washes out, and the device heats up very quickly, which is why I'm looking into getting a CrystalSky display for use with my Mavic and Spark.

In theory, it should be compatible with the RC, since all it does is function as a display. However, I am not sure about internet connectivity since there isn't an onboard GSM/4G radio - tethering to a mobile phone for connectivity might be one option, but if the WiFi channel is in use with one device, I am not sure how it could/would connect to the Spark RC except over a direct/wired connection
2017-6-27
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Been using CrystalSky, RC and Spark via WiFi without any issue.  Can't get CS connect to RC using OTG and bypass WiFi.
2017-8-5
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52644 ft
Hong Kong

Hi Sidney, I have the same setup as you. I am using the Mavic mount for the CS to my Spark as suggested by DJI here in Hong Kong. I am unable to plug a cable into my Spark RC because of where the mount cable is positioned. Also when I used my iPhone via OTG to my Spark I could get to about 100m high before transmisson issues, using CS via wifi to RC I encounter transmission issues before reaching 50m. The CS is awesome though.
2017-10-8
Use props
Jefferey Drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have my 7.8 ultra so I can switch it from the phantom to the Ma...

it will fit the spark remote just fine just use the Mav mount.
I have my CS 7.8 ultra to switch from my P4P to my Mavic and now to the Spark  :-)

2017-12-20
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Floyd-Spark Posted at 2017-10-8 17:34
Hi Sidney, I have the same setup as you. I am using the Mavic mount for the CS to my Spark as suggested by DJI here in Hong Kong. I am unable to plug a cable into my Spark RC because of where the mount cable is positioned. Also when I used my iPhone via OTG to my Spark I could get to about 100m high before transmisson issues, using CS via wifi to RC I encounter transmission issues before reaching 50m. The CS is awesome though.

You can use just simple micro usb to micro usb otg cable and connect micro usb port of CS on the side with micro usb port of RC. The usb-C port becomes disabled at that time
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

SidneyW Posted at 2017-8-5 09:31
Been using CrystalSky, RC and Spark via WiFi without any issue.  Can't get CS connect to RC using OTG and bypass WiFi.

For me it worked well with OTG (connected to the C Port at the bottom of CS) until we got the GO4 version .18 with the recent update. But this will hopefully be fixed soon. Until then I have to use WiFi which also works well.
2017-12-20
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Jefferey Drone  Posted at 2017-12-20 07:06
it will fit the spark remote just fine just use the Mav mount.
I have my CS 7.8 ultra to switch from my P4P to my Mavic and now to the Spark  :-)

The CS 7.8 with Mav mount on Spark RC is very unconfortable, if you hold the CS you almost can' t reach the sticks and if you hold it by the RC itself it is completely out of balance.
Holding the combination between doesn't feel safe..
2017-12-20
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 08:03
For me it worked well with OTG (connected to the C Port at the bottom of CS) until we got the GO4 version .18 with the recent update. But this will hopefully be fixed soon. Until then I have to use WiFi which also works well.

His problem is caused by using DJI mount bracket as i got it, but maybe i am wrong
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2017-12-20 08:44
His problem is caused by using DJI mount bracket as i got it, but maybe i am wrong

The DJI mount bracket does not have an OTG cable, it's normal USB. An OTG adapter has to be added to it.
2017-12-20
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 08:47
The DJI mount bracket does not have an OTG cable, it's normal USB. An OTG adapter has to be added to it.

That's right, but the guy couldn't find appropriate one OTG ( it really has to be a very special) , so i only suggested the replacement, which will work
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2017-12-20 09:23
That's right, but the guy couldn't find appropriate one OTG ( it really has to be a very special) , so i only suggested the replacement, which will work

Ah now I understand the problem, it's about the horizontal mount that makes holding both RC and CS uncomfortable. I am using this mount for the CS and it is perfect for my wishes:

20171116_160401.jpg
2017-12-20
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 09:32
Ah now I understand the problem, it's about the horizontal mount that makes holding both RC and CS uncomfortable. I am using this mount for the CS and it is perfect:

I am using this combination also (Thanks Wachtberger for the order link), and it is much more comfortable with the Spark RC than the CS Mavic mount!Just have to do some easy screwing when you switch to official DJi mount on Phantom controller.

2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-20 11:43
I am using this combination also (Thanks Wachtberger for the order link), and it is much more comfortable with the Spark RC than the CS Mavic mount!Just have to do some easy screwing when you switch to official DJi mount on Phantom controller.

Glad to hear that I have not "lured" you into a purchase that you would regret :-)
2017-12-20
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 12:32
Glad to hear that I have not "lured" you into a purchase that you would regret :-)

Not at all!!, Thanks for your input
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules