Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just talked to my local airport control tower, they were cool!
1404 3 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Got my Spark last night and my work is within 5 miles of a major airport.  I called the Control Tower as we are instructed and the guy was super nice about it.  He took down my info, asked my name, cell number and FAA # (which since that law changed, I didn't register and I'm on the fence, but probably will at some point).  
He did say the number of incidents at altitude that they are seeing even locally are concerning.  However, he also stated that those who call and he did ask me to call each time, but I didn't have to call when done, are a lot further ahead when it comes to understanding the rules.  

So, moral of the story...call your local tower and that will support the cause.  Responsibility rests on us to not have things shut down for those doing it correctly...

2017-6-23
Use props
CAAirborne
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Whenever I've called our local (small) airport, they've always been super friendly.  Several months back I was flying near a much larger airport.  When I called, they too were super friendly, though they did ask a few more questions (mainly about my flight plan) and requested I call them back when I was done.  In short:  I've had very good experiences with US/California airports.

[Note: No, I wasn't flying a Spark, I was flying a Mavic.]
2017-6-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I called a local airport about 4 miles from my house and the guy was a dink...
2017-6-23
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-6-23 08:37
Whenever I called our local (small) airport, they've always been super friendly.  Several months back I was flying near a much larger airport.  When I called, they too were super friendly, though they did ask a few more questions (mainly about my flight plan) and requested I call them back when I was done.  In short:  I've had very good experiences with US/California airports.

[Note: No, I wasn't flying a Spark, I was flying a Mavic.]

Ya, sorry, forgot as I ran out the door to film a big catamaran coming into port...he did also ask me how high I'd be flying, how long, etc...
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules