Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 HDMI issues with downloadable dropbox file
3842 23 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi:
We are having issues with the HDMI output of the Inspire 2
I made a test and uploaded it to dropbox.
ASAP the same video in youtube and vimeo, but I doubt it can be noticed there
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/98pdbx ... %202%20hdv.mov?dl=0]https://www.dropbox.com/s/98pdbxeqp6kfmm5/test%20hdmi%20inspire%202%20hdv.mov?dl=0[/url]

250 Mb aprox.

I´ll be waiting your comments! As far as I know every i2 could be suffering from this (it´s just you did not noticed it)

Best regards
Alejandro

2017-6-23
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Can DJI do something? banned as "unusable" by the OB truck engineers...
2017-6-23
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Tested every setup combination. Always there. Seems to be a big variation on the bitrate that shows in the picture.
2017-6-23
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

2017-6-23
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

2017-6-23
Use props
elmago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40663 ft
Argentina

why there is not even a comment of DJI??
2017-6-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Any follow up with this issue? Wonder it will be resolved given that DJI is in the forefront of aerial videography game.
2017-6-26
Use props
elmago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40663 ft
Argentina

Could the new firmware get a solution on this ??

it says
 Optimized image signal quality in some countries and regions.
2017-6-27
Use props
Live Tv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8104 ft
Australia

elmago Posted at 2017-6-27 07:16
Could the new firmware get a solution on this ??

it says

Seems to be an improvement , still a cycle refresh but only really noticeable in low light when the aputure  is open wide ...     more testing required but seems to have changed for the better
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

May I have more details of the question you've showed in the video? You mean the exposure isn't steady and there is something like noises keep flashing once a second? HDMI output transfers the image through wireless, the quality will be compressed, when the sharpness is added, many invisible things will show up.
Please forgive me that I didn't find out the issue you want to convey from the video, We would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details.
2017-7-3
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 00:55
May I have more details of the question you've showed in the video? You mean the exposure isn't steady and there is something like noises keep flashing once a second? HDMI output transfers the image through wireless, the quality will be compressed, when the sharpness is added, many invisible things will be show up.
Please forgive me that I didn't find out the issue you want to convey from the video, We would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details.

I added sharpness to the edited video to watch what in fact it is subtle in the transmitted image.
There is no issue with exposure. I know the compression fact. What is annoying and makes the issue noticeable is that there is some kind of "refresh" in the compression (scrolling up-down) that shows clearly. Normally, with regular images, no sharpness added, you can notice it scrolling down (this "compression scroll refresh"). In some other moments could be disguised.
This issue made the engineers at the OB truck (from a major broadcast company) say it was unusable. We lost the job opportunity and our DJI representative has not received a word about this (he opened a case with all the details. Even this video).
Several forum user said they never had an issue like this in their i2
But every i2 we tested here (Argentina) shows this
2017-7-7
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 00:55
May I have more details of the question you've showed in the video? You mean the exposure isn't steady and there is something like noises keep flashing once a second? HDMI output transfers the image through wireless, the quality will be compressed, when the sharpness is added, many invisible things will be show up.

So you did not found anything irregular in the video?
The "compression scan bar" going down?
It has nothing to do with exposure. It´s a compression artifact that seems to affect the sharpness  with this up-down pattern.
2017-7-7
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Ale Reynoso Cin Posted at 2017-7-7 02:14
So you did not found anything irregular in the video?
The "compression scan bar" going down?
It has nothing to do with exposure. It´s a compression artifact that seems to affect the sharpness  with this up-down pattern.

Watch the DJI shop shot i.e.
If you look at the Phantom boxes at the top, you can clearly see them pulsing. This is with the sharpness enhanced and just to make noticeable in the video I uploaded. But with live view, HDMI connected in a big monitor, even with sharpness from the camera dialed down, you can see this pulsing in the image
2017-7-7
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Ale Reynoso Cin Posted at 2017-7-7 02:21
Watch the DJI shop shot i.e.
If you look at the Phantom boxes at the top, you can clearly see them pulsing. This is with the sharpness enhanced and just to make noticeable in the video I uploaded. But with live view, HDMI connected in a big monitor, even with sharpness from the camera dialed down, you can see this pulsing in the image

So?
Any comment? I made it as clear as I could, but you see the issue in the video
2017-7-10
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Ale Reynoso Cin Posted at 2017-7-10 10:38
So?
Any comment? I made it as clear as I could, but you see the issue in the video

DJI Mindy?
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I’m sorry that I fail to reply your message in time because of holiday. Our engineer is still analyzing, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 01:58
I’m sorry that I fail to reply your message in time because of holiday. Our engineer is still analyzing, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.

Thanks
This is the firts time I know from DJI that they´re analyzing the issue
Good luck with that and I hope it doesn´t take too much time to solve it!
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi Ale,
This is a software issue caused by the encoding method of the liveview data. We are still exploring solution. Sorry for your waiting. And thanks a lot for your feedback.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

charlesetischer Posted at 2017-7-27 22:01
Hi Ale,
This is a software issue caused by the encoding method of the liveview data. We are still exploring solution. Sorry for your waiting. And thanks a lot for your feedback.

Hi
I hope you to solve it soon
We are still loosing job opportunities regarding live feed. We keep testing. Some times you barely note it, but sometimes it is so bad you can see it even in the ipad small screen
Thanks
2017-7-29
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5455981 ft
Portugal

Hello,
Half year later and I got caught with this issue also.
Have you found a solution for this or the Inspire 2 simple can not be used for broadcast jobs?

Thanks
2018-1-17
Use props
wingthing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1866204 ft
Germany

Is there any solution to this problem? It is end of April and no one postedsince january. I still have this problem. Also on cendence with SDI-
2018-4-30
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

wingthing Posted at 2018-4-30 17:20
Is there any solution to this problem? It is end of April and no one postedsince january. I still have this problem. Also on cendence with SDI-

From DJI:

I  think it´s a design fact, so cannot be easyly reversed/corrected.
Sometimes you cannot even notice it. Sometimes it clearly shows.
2018-5-2
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually noticed the exact same thing on a video posted elsewhere in this forum a day or two ago, just don't remember which. I chalked it up to connection issues on my end so I made no comments, but it is very evident it's your same issue.
2018-5-3
Use props
tim92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105338 ft
Australia

I've just spent a couple of days trying out both broadcast mode through HDMI to an Atomos recorder, and Streaming to Youtube - Inspire 2 with X5S. Tried every combination of settings possible. Unable to get a signal that's remotely useable. The compression artifacts and dropouts make these modes useless for broadcast applications. I am abandoning this project. I don't have an axe to grind, because otherwise I think this bird and camera shooting raw and recording onboard to SSD is the best thing since sliced bread.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules