Upgrade to which? What are your guys opinions.
854 5 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I've had my p3s since Christmas and love it and fly every chance I get. But my problem is a good one to have I suppose, my birthday is coming soon and my wife has suggested I upgrade to a more advanced bird. For the life of me I can't decide between the MP or the P4P. I live in a rural area of West Virginia and would like more range for video so as to monitor wild life and back of property along with living in a river valley can get some good photo opportunities there also. I have read the forums of both and as we all know you get more horror stories and complaints than actual good feedback. So my question is which would you guys choose and if you have either or both what are some likes or dislikes you personally have with them. Thanks for the replies and how does occusync really compare to light bridge.
2017-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both are very good and will be a huge upgrade for you.  The important question is:  Do you want a bigger camera or extreme portability.
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-24 04:39
Both are very good and will be a huge upgrade for you.  The important question is:  Do you want a bigger camera or extreme portability.

That's about it .. in a simple nutshell.

We have Mavic in our club and to be honest - even the owner wishes he had bought a P4P.

There are reports of video quality being less on the Mavic due to its smaller lense etc.

Personally I am a believer in the overall Phantom form - yes we get cracks and its not so portable - but the video / photo quality even with a P3S is amazing.

But one item missed here ...

The P3S can be made to fly FURTHER than a Mavic or P4P .... I have reached reliable 4835m with my P3S ... so its not completely out of the question to improve on the existing P3S of the OP.
If I was really going to replace my P3S ... I would be looking for a P3P - that way batterys and other gear I have is not wasted. It can work out to a large sum of money extra to just buying the P4 or Mavic - that can make a big difference.

Just my thoughts.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-24 04:39

That's about it .. simple

We have Mavic in our club and to be honest - even the owner wishes he had bought a P4P.

There are reports of video quality being less on the Mavic due to its smaller lense etc.

Personally I am a believer in the overall Phantom form - yes we get cracks and its not so portable - but the video / photo quality even with a P3S is amazing.

But one item missed here ...

The P3S can be made to fly FURTHER than a Mavic or P4P .... I have reached reliable 4835m with my P3S ... so its not completely out of the question to improve on the existing P3S of the OP.
If I was really going to replace my P3S ... I would be looking for a P3P - that way batterys and other gear I have is not wasted. It can work out to a large sum of money extra to just buying the P4 or Mavic - that can make a big difference.

Just my thoughts.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Joelr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579167 ft
United States

I have both and I agree with the above, it comes down to portability vs. camera quality.   For fun I take out the Mavic, for pictures I take out the P4P.
2017-6-24
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-24 04:49
That's about it .. simple

I would agree 100%. My personal record so far is 15,327 feet. The P3S can reach out there and is a solid platform. Also very good point on the compatibility of the gear with the P3P.
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules