Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI? Documentation on new AR Auxillary setting menu item for gogg...
1374 4 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

DJI folks, with the .900 firmware update there is a new "AR Auxillary settings" submenu on the Settings menu.  Can we get some documentation on what those new settings are supposed to do? Thanks!  (Love the goggles)

2017-6-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

I am guessing the AR means "Augmented Reality" but it's not clear how this is supposed to be working.
2017-6-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

No response?

I wish we had documentation from DJI on this.

Just playing with it, the only effect I can see is that if you toggle the setting on for a mode you fly in (I used it with gimbal head tracking), it produces a small bulls-eye style target in the goggle display. This targe indicates which way the front of the Mavic (not necessarily the camera) is pointing relative to your view. Confusing?  Probably. Try it, and I think you'll see what I mean.
2017-6-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I dearly love my Mavic, but one thing I really feel DJI has dropped the ball on is documentation. Seems so shortsighted, too, as updated and thorough documentation would alleviate so much confusion and no doubt reduce many customer service requests.
2017-6-27
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-27 06:20
I dearly love my Mavic, but one thing I really feel DJI has dropped the ball on is documentation. Seems so shortsighted, too, as updated and thorough documentation would alleviate so much confusion and no doubt many customer service requests.

I agree totally!  Unfortunately,  it's kinda human nature. It's more gratifying to develop technology than to document it.  I have been working as a software engineer all my life and this is a constant battle (not just software but hardware too).
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules