Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI has turned my awesome Inspire 2 into JUNK
2787 22 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So I tried for the fifth time uploading the newest firmware and DJI Go 4 app and went to fly my Inspire 2 and X5s camera away from anything that could cause interference and the Inspire started to drift in the air all on its own and the X5s camera feed is totally screwed up thanks to the latest from DJI..
Seriously DJI fix this soon or just buy back my $10,000.00 setup. I want my money back...

This went from awesome to a pice of crap with the latest software from DJI

Does anyone know how to reinstall the original Go 4 app and original firmware ?  
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, to locate where the problem exists, please help us confirm the info below:
How about the GPS signal when flying? Please check the signal strength on APP. Besides, any notification popping up on APP when it drifts?
Would you please try to calibrate IMU and compass then fly it in another open area?
Please connect the aircraft to a PC and run Assistant 2 to see whether you can downgrade it to previous firmware if you want to have a try, thanks.
Just to verify, what mobile device you're using for the drone?
2017-6-24
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will do that again today, I'm using a iPad mini 4. This is the same IPad I bought for the Inspire on day one and did not have the issue until I did the last up date.
I have two iPads, one has the older app installed so I'll try that and see if there is a difference...

Question....Could charging the iPad continuously from the RC be creating excessive heat in the iPad ?
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-25 05:21
I will do that again today, I'm using a iPad mini 4. This is the same IPad I bought for the Inspire on day one and did not have the issue until I did the last up date.
I have two iPads, one has the older app installed so I'll try that and see if there is a difference...

We don't suggest to operate RC and charge the mobile device at the same time, Ipad will heat up, as you know APP will be easy to remind ''CPU fully loaded'' at the moment, so it's not a wise choice.
2017-6-26
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I ran the Inspire 2 with the RC charging option off yesterday.
I did some testing yesterday with my Inspire 2 between the new updated DJI Go4 app and the last version on my two iPads

New app shows CPU fully loaded warning almost immediately and then starts to warn up until the video feed is useless before the drone battery is at 25%... This is in 90*f temps.

The old app does not show the CPU warning but takes a little longer to heat up the iPad but after a while it too goes into the crap video real time playback... 90*f

When in standing in the shade at 85*f the old app was fine after 3  flights..

The recorded video on the SD and SSD cards are fine even after the crap video on the iPads ...
I don't know if it is the iPad being too hot for video or the app causing it to warm up too much..

Still who bought a system that only works in the early morning or cool evening ?
2017-6-26
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I ordered one of these iPad mini 4 coolers to see if this might be the fix to a cooler iPad and clean video reception
  https://x-naut.com/collections/a ... ut-ipad-cooler-mini

2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-26 13:20
I did some testing yesterday with my Inspire 2 between the new updated DJI Go4 app and the last version on my two iPads

Sorry for the trouble caused, I have forwarded this issue to our engineer and they are testing and working on it, I will keep you updated once I hear from them. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-26
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will test the new app update on one of my iPads and see if there is anything positive to report back..
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The positive news is that the new DJI app and firmware update are even better at turning this Inspire 2 package into Junk....

Getting any help from DJI is like trying to get radio a response from Uranus....
2017-6-27
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-27 16:58
The positive news is that the new DJI app and firmware update are even better at turning this Inspire 2 package into Junk....

Getting any help from DJI is like trying to get radio a response from Uranus....

What does Myanus have to do with radio??
2017-6-27
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

What does Myanus have to do with radio??
2017-6-27
Use props
Dan Bellerive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 733668 ft
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-26 13:20

It's a bit cooler in Alaska than it is wherever you are. I'll see about giving it a flight and report back later tonight.
2017-6-27
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you update the remote?
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes..as directed by DJI
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I tried every thing I could do and the iPad mini 4 works for about 10min. and then craps out with the video feed back, I ran two different iPads and two different RC units also, same outcome.
I used my iPhone 6s and it works fine without issue...

The apps are the issue as far as I can see. I did notice the iPhone has a different display than the iPad mini 4...

It's not the hardware it's the software DJI..... FIX IT
2017-6-29
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok DJI tell me what tablet to buy that will work with my Inspire 2 to make it perform as originally advertised and I will buy it today....
2017-7-3
Use props
Crio
Captain
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have over year old Samsung Tab and didn't had any issues... what tablet you have to buy ?
2017-7-3
Use props
Sharif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sarcasm and trouble shooting generally don't mix well.  This isn't a place to vent frustration...it's a place to try to find solutions.  
2017-7-9
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sharif@Forged Posted at 2017-7-9 14:11
Sarcasm and trouble shooting generally don't mix well.  This isn't a place to vent frustration...it's a place to try to find solutions.

Well then offer a solution but until then I'll keep venting since I'm in the hole $10K
2017-7-9
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok another test... I did the latest firmware update again and reinstalled the latest GO 4 app. Flight now has no restrictions but the iPad 4 now gets blazing hot and video feedback is just crap again..
This is not hardware it is the junk DJI software updates causing the issues.....

So does anyone have the original February firmware for the inspire 2 that I can downgrade to ?
I have all the old DJI G0 4 iPad apps.
2017-7-9
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-9 16:40
Ok another test... I did the latest firmware update again and reinstalled the latest GO 4 app. Flight now has no restrictions but the iPad 4 now gets blazing hot and video feedback is just crap again..
This is not hardware it is the junk DJI software updates causing the issues.....

Sharif, I back up Ronin here. When the company that MUST do something for their customers, do nothing or keeps you waiting while you loose your clients, at least you can use a bit of sarcasm. It is that or get mad.
We opened a case for an issue with the HDMI out of our i2 (check my "HDMI issue" post. Yours could be suffering from the same issue). The DJI representative never received a single word back. The case was opened at least three weeks ago.
And now we upgraded the FW and then we are having a lot of issues: CPU fully loaded warning, app closing midair, etc.
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI my $10k inspire 2 setup is still junk thanks to the mandatory DJI updates....

I'm still waiting for the crack support team to fix what "they" broke..
2017-7-11
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have tried every version of the DJI Go 4 app issued since February and they all now limit the height and distance you can fly except for the latest...
This is now total junk DJI and I'm not a happy camper thanks to you. There is nothing wrong with the iPads it is your new app and firmware that has screwed me out of $10k...

DJI you get to fix this with a firmware roll back or give me a refund....
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules