DJI Assistant 2
3802 13 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696788 ft
United States

I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and launched it. The only thing that comes up is a start screen with how to start it for an Inspire 2, I think. Trying to run the Assistant 2 for my Phantom 4 to correct the Vision System Error I keep getting. Can someone please tell me where I'm making a mistake? Oh I did download the Assistant 2 from DJI.com  under the Phantom 4 section of the website.

Thanks

Dan/ AKA Bonez

2017-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you run Assistant 2 and plug P4 into PC using USB cable, a few seconds after powering up the P4 you should see a 'P4' icon appear in the window, click on that and all should be self explanatory after that.

If this does not work then try rebooting computer.

If that doesn't work; during the Assistant 2 installation it should have installed a USB driver for the P4 (perhaps unsigned), as far as I remember this needs to be accepted by user. When initialising installation I usually right click on file and 'install as Admin'.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-25 05:37
When you run Assistant 2 and plug P4 into PC using USB cable, a few seconds after powering up the P4 you should see a 'P4' icon appear in the window, click on that and all should be self explanatory after that.

OK, thank you. I give it a try now.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-25 05:37

I did everything as you said and nothing changed. I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled as Admin. I did not see anything about a USB driver but I launched it anyway. No change, rebooted and relaunched and still didn't see the "P4" icon. It does see the SD card in the P4 but not the drone itself.
2017-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bonez Posted at 2017-6-25 06:27
I did everything as you said and nothing changed. I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled as Admin. I did not see anything about a USB driver but I launched it anyway. No change, rebooted and relaunched and still didn't see the "P4" icon. It does see the SD card in the P4 but not the drone itself.

Try logging into your account in Assistant 2, if not already tried. I've seen it sometimes just taking a few minutes or a couple of restarts for things to work, after that works every time. If you can see SD card then that's off to a good start.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-25 07:01
Try logging into your account in Assistant 2, if not already tried. I've seen it sometimes just taking a few minutes or a couple of restarts for things to work, after that works every time. If you can see SD card then that's off to a good start.

Aardvark, Thank you for your assistants with the Assistant 2. I'm still not having any luck so I am making sure all firmware is up to date and giving me the best chance to correct this Vision System Error issue.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-25 07:01

Aardvark, Thank you for your assistants with the Assistant 2. I'm still not having any luck so I am making sure all firmware is up to date and giving me the best chance to correct this Vision System Error issue.
2017-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bonez Posted at 2017-6-25 07:14

If all else fails there is another thing I'd like to try (delete USB drivers from device manager etc...) . But heading out now (Hopefully get a bit of flying done, first in a few weeks now), catch you later
2017-6-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just to add to what Aardvark was suggesting, an earlier version of Assistant 2 (v1.1.0, I think) included an 'unsigned' USB driver which wasn't installed properly as a result - you needed to run the installation with driver enforcement off to get it onto your PC. I believe subsequent versions were supposed to resolve this. You could try that as a last option - costs you nothing to try.

Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
1.Click the Start  menu and select Settings.
2.Click Update and Security.
3.Click on Recovery.
4.Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
5.Click Troubleshoot.
6.Click Advanced options.
7.Click Startup Settings.
8.Click on Restart.
9.On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers (in this case, to successfully run the DJI Assistant 2 installation). If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-25 15:09
Just to add to what Aardvark was suggesting, an earlier version of Assistant 2 (v1.1.0, I think) included an 'unsigned' USB driver which wasn't installed properly as a result - you needed to run the installation with driver enforcement off to get it onto your PC. I believe subsequent versions were supposed to resolve this. You could try that as a last option - costs you nothing to try.

Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.

I'm not running windows 10 but 8.1. I will try and do what you suggest. The P4 is no good to me like this.
2017-6-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bonez Posted at 2017-6-26 05:41
I'm not running windows 10 but 8.1. I will try and do what you suggest. The P4 is no good to me like this.

Same process for disabling driver enforcement with Win 8.1.
I'd also suggest trying another USB port if you have one. Sometimes software may link drivers to a certain port, subsequently creating conflicts for general use.
2017-6-26
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-26 15:22
Same process for disabling driver enforcement with Win 8.1.
I'd also suggest trying another USB port if you have one. Sometimes software may link drivers to a certain port, subsequently creating conflicts for general use.

All has failed. I can not update. I really appreciate the time you have taken to try and help. The Phantom 4 is not the same craft that I first bought. After it came back from the repair shop it has bee plagued with problems. Again thank you!
2017-6-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bonez Posted at 2017-6-27 09:39
All has failed. I can not update. I really appreciate the time you have taken to try and help. The Phantom 4 is not the same craft that I first bought. After it came back from the repair shop it has bee plagued with problems. Again thank you!

Sorry to hear Dan. I really believe that there's still a good chance it's your PC though, as it sounds like it simply just can't see the P4 when connected.
Have you ever had a successful connection on that PC before?
Same USB port, using same USB cable?
Is it a PC or a laptop (using a port replicator)?
Have you tried running Assistant 2 as 'administrator'? [right click on the Assistant 2 icon on the desktop and select 'Run as admin']

All just fishing - sure, but hey...
2017-6-27
Use props
dronebug2
lvl.1
Canada

hello,
i have same problem with my Inspire 2 that is not recognize in the DJI assistant 2, i've tried running it as Administrator, no luck, i'm on windows 8.1. Please someone help me. thanks.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules