DJI: Add camera gimbal speed adjustment please!!
2808 23 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

All DJI drones have a camera pan and yaw adjustment on the gimbal.... but not on the Spark!?!  Hey guys I know that it is only 2 axis but come on, we need to slow down the up and down pitching.

I would like to see this added to the Spark FW update allowing us to adjust the gimbal speed as it relates to the remote control thumb wheel.

DJI  Thank you for listening..

If anyone else has trouble making smooth GIMBAL pitch changes.... please comment on this thread for DJI to hear us.

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Amen! Would love to have the ability to adjust this and also the rates per channel of the RC in general.
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-25 12:44
Amen! Would love to have the ability to adjust this and also the rates per channel of the RC in general.

Did you also notice that the Spark only flies about 7 mph in normal mode and 33 mph in sport mode. either it is super slow or really quick...    

The camera is in Sports mode all the time!

its all good.

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe solder a 10 ohm resistor on the potentiometer (P1 and P2 flyers may get this joke).
2017-6-25
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-25 12:53
Did you also notice that the Spark only flies about 7 mph in normal mode and 33 mph in sport mode. either it is super slow or really quick...   

Either you have the FORCE or YOU DON'T.  

May the force be with you!
2017-6-25
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I mentioned it since I received it. This one of the reason I gave it and F. It seems these guys designed the App in 2 days. lol

So many things are missing. Did you figure out where you can assign what the AC does when it looses connection. (Hover or RTH). If you are flying inside you don't want it to RTH thru the ceiling???
2017-6-25
Use props
fanse5ee1e3d
New
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-25 12:53

I'm still waiting on my drone so I'm watching videos and reading posts.  I saw something about if you disable obstacle avoidance while flying in normal mode it will get you somewhere in the middle with speed.  Something like 15ish I think.
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanse5ee1e3d Posted at 2017-6-25 16:42
I'm still waiting on my drone so I'm watching videos and reading posts.  I saw something about if you disable obstacle avoidance while flying in normal mode it will get you somewhere in the middle with speed.  Something like 15ish I think.

You are exactly correct, when the OA is turned on the Spark needs some time to determine something in the way   So, DJI limits the speed when OA is turned on.

Thanks for pointing this out, I forgot about this IR sensors and they are not as sensitive as the camera type...
Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-6-25 15:44
Maybe solder a 10 ohm resistor on the potentiometer (P1 and P2 flyers may get this joke).

that's funny

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-25 15:59
I mentioned it since I received it. This one of the reason I gave it and F. It seems these guys designed the App in 2 days. lol

So many things are missing. Did you figure out where you can assign what the AC does when it looses connection. (Hover or RTH). If you are flying inside you don't want it to RTH thru the ceiling???

I think DJI was trying to keep it simple for the newbie's....  I hope they can add some more features without us waiting for a Spark 2

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
seanmiller
New

Philippines

Many top action camera always have such feature. I hope they can add that.
2017-6-25
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

seanmiller Posted at 2017-6-25 22:10
Many top action camera always have such feature. I hope they can add that.

I agree with Rich53...The Spark was intended to be a simple "story telling" device.
@seanmiller, not sure if your reply was a typo or not, but I understand your post as wanting a feature that a "Top Action Camera" has on an entry level device.  Also, not sure if I would call that camera in your link a "top action camera".  Looks like a GoPro "knock off".
2017-6-26
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys, I am using Android phone and cannot find the "gimbal pitch track" icon. It is not available for android or you have to enable it somewhere? Thanks
2017-6-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-25 20:43
I think DJI was trying to keep it simple for the newbie's....  I hope they can add some more features without us waiting for a Spark 2

Rich

I know but the issue that it was in the app already why take it off???

Also they marketed to all existing DJI customers so they knew existing customers would be buying it.

Common sense. Let see if they will unlock these features in the app which it should NOT be hard to do.

2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-25 15:59

You can set it to return to home at its current altitude, it will rise to 2.5 meter , so you will need high ceilings . You can turn off RTH and disable RTH at same altitude and it will just land or if your quick enough you can grab it underneath and just turn it over and power will cut, this is a great feature if you want to hand catch if using RC , you don't have to worry about catching with one hand and left stick down for three seconds, I've tried it and it works very well.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans2e9ffae8
lvl.1
United States

+1 for this feature request!  Nothing ruins a cinematic shot more easily than a jerky gimbal adjustment.
2017-6-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-26 12:59
You can set it to return to home at its current altitude, it will rise to 2.5 meter , so you will need high ceilings . You can turn off RTH and disable RTH at same altitude and it will just land or if your quick enough you can grab it underneath and just turn it over and power will cut, this is a great feature if you want to hand catch if using RC , you don't have to worry about catching with one hand and left stick down for three seconds, I've tried it and it works very well.

Hall, Thx. I got the current RTH thingy.

I was talking about the choice we had with the other drones, HOVER or RTH?

There are a lot of these small features already in the app that they removed and no one knows why in the word they would that?

2017-6-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Note the gimbal speed is much slower in tripod mode.
2017-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-26 12:15
I know but the issue that it was in the app already why take it off???

Also they marketed to all existing DJI customers so they knew existing customers would be buying it.

I agree with you fundamentally, but all of these features can intimidate  new pilots.

IMO, DJI is eliminating the extra stuff to avoid all the questions and problems associated with them

Rich
2017-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-6-26 16:32
Note the gimbal speed is much slower in tripod mode.

Yes but Tripod mode is limited in speed 2-3 mph   but thanks for pointing this out.

I would like to have better control over the camera gimbal movement all the time, not just in Tripod mode

Rich
2017-6-26
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

Just got my Spark yesterday.  I finally got it in the air after fighting with a firmware updates for a couple of hours.  Regarding gimbal speed adjustment, I have the ability to adjust when I connect the controller to my Ipad 2 but the setting is not visible when using my Iphone 6s.  Possibly I'm missing something, let me know please.  If not, hopefully a firmware update will address.  Good thing is the setting seems to be retained across power down / ups.  So far, it looks like the setting for the two function buttons is not retained which is hopefully can be addressed... with tight battery life, I don't want to spend precious minutes resetting the function buttons.  So far, overall I would give the Spark a B+.. I really love how quiet it is.
2017-9-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DIott3113 Posted at 2017-9-10 06:08
Just got my Spark yesterday.  I finally got it in the air after fighting with a firmware updates for a couple of hours.  Regarding gimbal speed adjustment, I have the ability to adjust when I connect the controller to my Ipad 2 but the setting is not visible when using my Iphone 6s.  Possibly I'm missing something, let me know please.  If not, hopefully a firmware update will address.  Good thing is the setting seems to be retained across power down / ups.  So far, it looks like the setting for the two function buttons is not retained which is hopefully can be addressed... with tight battery life, I don't want to spend precious minutes resetting the function buttons.  So far, overall I would give the Spark a B+.. I really love how quiet it is.

Hi,
The settings are saved with the Spark. Please be sure that your iPhone 6s has the same Go 4 App installed and that your Spark is on the latest version shown in the screen shots. These shots were taken with the iPhone 7 connected to my Spark
Hope this helps
Rich
IMG_9234.PNG IMG_9235.PNG
2017-9-10
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-9-10 09:05
Hi,
The settings are saved with the Spark. Please be sure that your iPhone 6s has the same Go 4 App installed and that your Spark is on the latest version shown in the screen shots. These shots were taken with the iPhone 7 connected to my Spark
Hope this helps

RichJ53  -- thanks very much that was the issue.  The Go App on my iPad 2 was up-to-date because I use it to fly my Phantom 4 Pro but just now starting to use my iPhone 6 with the Spark controller.   

Thanks very much!
2017-9-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DIott3113 Posted at 2017-9-11 06:38
RichJ53  -- thanks very much that was the issue.  The Go App on my iPad 2 was up-to-date because I use it to fly my Phantom 4 Pro but just now starting to use my iPhone 6 with the Spark controller.   

Thanks very much!

Great news.....  You are very welcome..

Happy flying
Rich
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules