Gimbal roll Issues?
1552 8 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeKing
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys.
So I was fairly excited to pickup a Spark as a gift to add to my P3P and F450 fleet.

I've noticed a huge roll offset issue in the gimbal, and wanted to know if there's anything I can do about it myself before sending back to DJI service.

So far, I've:

- Reset IMU
- Updated firmware
- Updated DJI Go App
- Changed SD Cards (not much, but I gave it a go anyway)

Has anyone else noticed issues like this?

Here's what the offset is like from the factory:

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 7.59.40 PM.png

Here, the camera is at the maximum offset correction in the DJI GO App:

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 7.59.46 PM.png

2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jake, is there any error message in the APP? What is the Flight Mode, ATTI ?  If it is ATTI, please try to restart the drone, and make sure it is in the GPS mode, see if there is any difference.
2017-6-25
Use props
JakeKing
lvl.1
Canada

Hey Thor.

The Spark has shown this offset in both ATTI and GPS mode - regardless of the location.

The App shows no issues, and the IMU calibration seems to work just fine.

At the current time I'm attempting to re-flash the drone back to the original firmware through the DJI Assistant and I will be testing with another IOS device to make sure I've not missed anything.

2017-6-25
Use props
JakeKing
lvl.1
Canada

Just downgraded to 01.00.0300 and then back up to 0400 - Having the same issue, regardless of mode / iOS device.

I'm starting to think that the gimbal was misaligned during the factory configuration - I'm wondering if its an index similar to the P4 / P3 gimbal - Can anyone clarify?

2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JakeKing Posted at 2017-6-25 21:50
Just downgraded to 01.00.0300 and then back up to 0400 - Having the same issue, regardless of mode / iOS device.

I'm starting to think that the gimbal was misaligned during the factory configuration - I'm wondering if its an index similar to the P4 / P3 gimbal - Can anyone clarify?

Jake, I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-6-25
Use props
JakeKing
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks DJI Diana - Just trying to find alternatives as I want to be out flying!

Thank & have submitted a support request.

jake
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JakeKing Posted at 2017-6-26 18:01
Thanks DJI Diana - Just trying to find alternatives as I want to be out flying!

Thank & have submitted a support request.

You are welcome, Jake, our Support will create a case for you to send the drone in , could you please provide me your case number? I'll inform our appreciate team to take care of it.
2017-6-26
Use props
JakeKing
lvl.1
Canada

Request Number is:  CRM:0193000000194
2017-6-27
Use props
Gerard_fs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224121 ft
Spain

I have the same issue,  but only 5-10 degrees, I try to correct via Gimball roll on the App, but when Iroll the spark it offsets again...    can you solve ??   I want to be out flying too!! xD
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules