Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazement.. Silly rant but needed...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I am not young.. But I am not that old.. I grew up without the internet, I grew up without dial up.. I actually grew up in the middle of the cable era.. Nickelodeon was my obsession outside of school, then MTV.. I remember the first cell phones - they were either tied into cars, or looked like bricks (and were prohibitivley expensive).. I remember cassettes and listening to the radio to record my favorite songs (hopefully without the radio DJ interrupting too much of the song).. Most of all I remember being completely enamored by digital technology, ie compact discs.. I remember in the seventh grade doing a paper on how a CD player works.. The one thing that struck me was when they said the same technology only 15 years earlier would take something the size of an RV to replicate due to semiconductor technology..

Here we are -- 30 years later.  and we have some issues, we can't link up to our drones, we don't have that perfect horizon - it crashed for "no apparent" reason.. I am only writing this to remind everyone here - even DJI to reflect on the amazing technology that makes all of this works.. Even the "free" technology that makes this work (GPS), and be reminded how amazing we are as a technological society..  When it works, IT IS AMAZING!!!

There are good and bad things about our technological society, but I feel completely blessed by the beauty this technology has brought to my own eyes through your adventures and my own. Thank you DJI and all the creators out there who show the beauty of this world.. You have brought my dreams to life.. The dream to fly high above and see how beautiful this world is..

We live in an amazing time and I will never take it all for granted..

Keep flying everyone, and keep dreaming!!!

2017-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Where's Waldo? ;-)

I love that first statement. "I am not young.. But I am not that old.."  Like a mysterious quiz...

GPS isn't free, the various array of satalites may have cost billion$, over all.  Ha

Thanks for reminding me, how dangerous and elderly I am. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-6-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-25 20:55
Where's Waldo? ;-)

I love that first statement. "I am not young.. But I am not that old.."  Like a mysterious quiz...

Haha. No problem bud.. You are my partner in crime here.. I don't see age as a bad thing.. Damn we've come so far in the last 40 years.. We've become entitled as heck.. Dang thing won't hover within 1 foot.. lmao
2017-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Buddies, under the flying maple leaf? ;-)
I think it's important, that we have the freedom to voice our opinions, findings and experiences.
It's a shame we all can't experience the good times together...

Aside from random pilot errors, DJI needs to tighten the build quality.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-25 21:54
Buddies, under the flying maple leaf? ;-)
I think it's important, that we have the freedom to voice our opinions, findings and experiences.
It's a shame we all can't experience the good times together...

True, but - they are number one right now.. What are we gonna do? We have our quads - I love mine.. I am happy with this firmware and I am going to play it by ear until the next best thing.. Oh yeah.. I am going to do my best to get the most amazing shots I can!!
2017-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-25 21:59
True, but - they are number one right now.. What are we gonna do? We have our quads - I love mine.. I am happy with this firmware and I am going to play it by ear until the next best thing.. Oh yeah.. I am going to do my best to get the most amazing shots I can!!

Just lucky, I guess.
I am more than elated, to have a trouble free drone. ;-)
It's the way DJI wanted it, for all of us. Too bad that's not been the case.

Hopefully, you can find peace with yours....

RedHotPoker
2017-6-25
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Well put. I often times have students say my generation doesn't understand mobile (cell) phones and the internet. I quietly remind them of the generation that invented them. The technology is now what was only a dream a few years ago, but I will make an effort and enjoy it.
2017-6-26
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Well put. I often times have students say my generation doesn't understand mobile (cell) phones and the internet. I quietly remind them of the generation that invented them. The technology is now what was only a dream a few years ago, but I will make an effort and enjoy it.
2017-6-26
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I am not old, just past my sell by date. When I aws at school I was the first person to get and electronic calculator and watch (mainly becuase my brothers company made them).  Still had to use log tables and slide rules. But yes these times and the things we have are amazing. But the US put a man on the moon with considerably less technology, and I think that, and the people who went there are even more amazing. Sadly though there are a lot of people on ths planet who do not appreciate the advantages such things bring to the human race and want to use them for neferious purposes. How wonderful this world would truly be if they would join the rest of us in trying to use everything we have for the benefit of the whole human population. I know I will never live to see that day.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules