Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Collecting Users Feedback
71263 558 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please bring the Map back to the Go App when using smartphone only!
Checking the Homepoint with the find my drone function is the dumbest solution!
2017-7-16
Use props
fans458741a6
lvl.1
United States

Fix the app, keeps crashing
2017-7-16
Use props
Erwin Beckers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26342 ft
Netherlands

photographing in raw mode please pleas please
2017-7-16
Use props
leblack111
New
Flight distance : 43465 ft
Canada

Service and chat in French!!!
2017-7-16
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

So many owners of Spark have lost wifi connection problem.   Why DJI don't stick to Ocusync for the spark?  That would have stop all these lost connection headaches! The techology is there already, why don't use it?
2017-7-16
Use props
ddavewoods
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi id like the Dronie quick shot to work, it just keeps going backwards and not up !!! also 25FPS PAL and a 360 degree panorama mode
2017-7-17
Use props
ddavewoods
lvl.1
United Kingdom

a 360 degree panorama mode, 25fps PAL, A working Dronie and helix, and the spark should only hover when RTH is activated within 20 metres instead of landing, I had to quickly catch mine before it landed in long grass after my phone screen went blank and disconnected I was only 10 feet away
2017-7-17
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Color Modes
1. D-Log or "Flat" (Video)
2. Camera Raw (Pictures)

That would be awesome ;)
2017-7-17
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

A 360 panorama would be great video feature indeed

Gesture for video recording

Long lasting fly mode = just fly (no video function / camera disabled)

Preprogrammed waypoint(s) to join at take off

Manual exposure in panoramic mode

Does it have the "side tracking" by the way or just "track/follow"?

Thanksssssssssss
2017-7-18
Use props
Feiyau.lim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Malaysia

Please produce extended battery that can last > 20 mins.

Thanks
2017-7-18
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266198 ft
Switzerland

- Map in pilot view.
- Quickshot Mode for Zipline to track s subject whilst moving along a predetermined route.
- Tether mode to follow handset or remote
- Automatically use the best frequency for the region being flown in (2.4GHz for Europe 5.8GHz elsewhere to ensure maximum range)
- Extended battery or better battery management (special mode to extend battery life)
- Cable for charging batteries outside the device when you dont have the battery dock.
2017-7-18
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Wondering what the time frame is for taking some of this feedback and updating the firmware, etc?  It's been out for about 30 days or so, correct?  Any insight to the plans and if we are talking about Spark1 or Spark2 updates?  Thanks...
2017-7-18
Use props
roverw
New
Bulgaria

+1 for solving the 2.4 / 5.8 GHz WiFi issue in Europe!!!  http://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html

+1 for RAW support
2017-7-18
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

All awesome ideas! just make sure you actually follow their instructions and email them these ideas or they will not be looked at as options.
2017-7-18
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Please make the gimbals start and stop smoothly especially in quick shots. right now they stop in an instant instead of slowing down.#Quick Reply Here#
2017-7-18
Use props
JosephRose
lvl.1
United States

The camera is TERRIBLE. I can't imagine a modern camera having less dynamic range than this. And no flat image profile? the drone itself is really nice, but the camera ruins it.
2017-7-18
Use props
fansd8e80c3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Chile

Hi guys!

Nice to meet you all, got my spark a few days ago, I've been testing it so far.

First thoughs, DJI made an excelent work on this drone, its so tiny but at the same time so much technology packed.

I come from a P3S so I will be comparing the odds between these devices.

Things that spark is lacking.

Gimbal speed adjustment, this is something obvious and I don't see it without this configuration, right now is ultra sensitive via RC.

I'm not sure if is my fault or something else but my top speed so far is 4.4m/s meanwhile I reached 17m/s with the p3s, what am I doing wrong?

I really wish DJI implemented a better control and imaging method to this entry level,keep using wifi (even 5.8ghz) nowdays only will get things worse and worse.

Additional software configuration for camera

Greater quality for videos, maybe a 30mbps full hd 30fps or 45mbps full hd 60fps with high speed micro sd cards

Battery life, good and bad good because you need to plan the flight ahead and it's lightweight, bad because between turn on and getting it on the air you lose 2 minutes at least

About hand control and other things I still didn't tried it, and seeing here on the forum it look some of the functions are not 100% so I'll be following up and using the drone with basic functions with RC.

By the way it's really incredible it's capabilities, I went to Andes Mountains in Santiago today, got it on the air on 2.4kms height with strong wind, he managed to maintain the stability and control in extreme conditions.

2017-7-18
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Emailed DJI and goes without saying (I am sure it has been covered multiple times here), “Away and Follow” in Gesture Mode should have the option to video record. It is completely pointless to have any drone “follow you” if you were to move without being able to video record. In any other mode you are able to switch between photo and video, how is Gesture Mode not included?

My other suggestion is an RTH mode where it is based on where the iPhone/RC location is rather than the original RTH point. In this case, the pilot could be on the move (like a hike, a bike ride, etc.) and would be a million times easier to know the Spark can travel the time during flight and auto return to the point, especially when using Active Track.
2017-7-19
Use props
Haris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210 ft
Sweden

1) Solving the 2.4 / 5.8 GHz WiFi issue in Europe!!!  http://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html
2) 25 fps (PAL EUROPE)
2017-7-19
Use props
fans0d5dbb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Australia

I wish we could control the gimbal while flying the drone when using Android phones.
Also, more quick shots options will be appreciated.
2017-7-19
Use props
mlizewski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324154 ft
Poland

Would it be possible to adopt more flightmodes from mavic: Point of Interest, Way Points, Home Lock and Course Lock, Terrain Follow, etc? Some of them could be really handy for beginners/casual fliers who are the target of this product (I guess)..
2017-7-20
Use props
fans6cd3723e
New
United States

Great piece of gear, I do suggest a sensor in the back of the drone to avoid hitting anything when flying only using the phone footage.  
2017-7-20
Use props
Lyuda6732
New
Flight distance : 1365128 ft
United States

I was doing acitvetrack on my spark when it lost connection over a tree then hovered there for ~30 seconds then slowly descended into the tree.... it didn't try to return to home https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=1RGCdZHLHQg
2017-7-20
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

I love my Spark. Sometimes a little frustrating, but I am getting better with it. My main complaint and suggestion has to do with the DJI GO 4 app. The important information on the screen is in very small type. Out in the bright sunshine, I sometimes can't read the popup notifications. I would greatly appreciate it if there were a way to make all the text messages on screen in MUCH BIGGER TYPE. Peerhaps there could be a version of the app for folks like me who have a hard time reading tiny type on their mobile device?.
2017-7-20
Use props
fansc2c60b65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14006 ft
United States

It disconnects from the remote, so I can't use it.  Please, just make it work as advertised!
2017-7-20
Use props
fansd8e80c3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Chile

Is dji looking at this thread? I'm asking because on the first post they say to send a mail, then everybody started to post here their wishes, maybe they can select the more common requests and turn into a poll to users can vote what is priority.

About the drone, more feedback

My RC after FW update to 01.0.0100 is not visible anymore by dji assistant and on the dji go 4 app it shows firmware as NA.

After linking my spark with RC I'm unable to see it's wifi network anymore, so I need to have the RC all the time with me.

Other thing is when during in flight with recording on I tried to take pictures with the controller button I saw on the app the click on screen like it was capturing but at the end found no picture files on the sd card.
2017-7-21
Use props
djiuser_FTxf6jG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34308 ft
Singapore

I know DJI recently released the firmware update which lets us set dronie up to Max 60m distance... please increase the distance limit!!!!.. i bought the spark to use dronie mode when i finally summit mt fuji.. but i am now worried 60m won't be able to capture the full extend of the crater.... please make it at least 200m as the limit!!!!
2017-7-21
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

It seems most drone users like to fly over water. It would be great if a future version of the Spark could be WARTERPROOF and also would FLOAT.
2017-7-21
Use props
Falk Lumo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

Spark is a great product. But IMHO the target audience is more educated than DJI thinks or wishes. It is still an expensive drone ...

In a newer firmware ...
- RAW images
- Flat video profile
- 360º panorama mode with multiple shots per direction (HDR bracket) and including nadir.
- Active track falling back to FollowMe (follow phone GPS) if track is lost
- Cinematic mode (from Mavic)
- Smooth absolute gimbal track/wheel
- Parameters for Helix, Circle, Dronie etc. (Height, Radius)
- Google Cardbox mode in DJI Go App (dual eye)
- Allow 2.4 GHz preference in CE
- More flightmodes (Fly Over and Return, other movie effects)

In a newer Spark:
- less than 250g !!!
- OccuSync, no reason to have less reach than say Mavic - esp as FPV then is legal in many countries ...
- SMA plugs in RC for different antennas, just what routers do too ...
- 4k 60Hz

... and don't call it a selfie drone ... ;)
2017-7-21
Use props
Falk Lumo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

Spark is a great product. But IMHO the target audience is more educated than DJI thinks or wishes. It is still an expensive drone ...

In a newer firmware ...
- RAW images
- Flat video profile
- 360º panorama mode with multiple shots per direction (HDR bracket) and including nadir.
- Active track falling back to FollowMe (follow phone GPS) if track is lost
- Cinematic mode (from Mavic)
- Smooth absolute gimbal track/wheel
- Parameters for Helix, Circle, Dronie etc. (Height, Radius)
- Google Cardbox mode in DJI Go App (dual eye)
- Allow 2.4 GHz preference in CE
- More flightmodes (Fly Over and Return, other movie effects)

In a newer Spark:
- less than 250g !!!
- foldable/pluggable legs
- OccuSync, no reason to have less reach than say Mavic - esp as FPV then is legal in many countries ...
- SMA plugs in RC for different antennas, just what routers do too ...
- 4k 60Hz

... and don't call it a selfie drone ... ;)
2017-7-21
Use props
SparkAustin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125308 ft
United States

fans1aa37bca Posted at 2017-7-16 18:52
So many owners of Spark have lost wifi connection problem.   Why DJI don't stick to Ocusync for the spark?  That would have stop all these lost connection headaches! The techology is there already, why don't use it?

Pretty sure it's for cost reduction.
2017-7-22
Use props
Feiyau.lim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Malaysia

Provide feature to enable and configure Spark settings while not connected to Spark yet. When connected to Spark, ask for confirmation if user want to apply settings to Spark (showing page with settings changes for review)

This is because Spark had very short batt life and I would prefer to minimize configuration times after powering up Spark.

Also maybe consider allowing users to save / flying profiles for quicker configuration sets.

Thanks
2017-7-22
Use props
fans721ddbf9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195820 ft
France

25 and 24 FPS in vidéo (the dream would be 60fps too if you can), a gesture to start/stop the video. More option to personalize quick shots like choose of distance (for exemple make the dronie go more far than now).
An make a notification when precision landing is activate for the RTH and not Only the Home Point notification.
And I love my Spark.
2017-7-22
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

Fix the connectivity and lag in image Tran skin,
2017-7-23
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

Fix the connectivity loss and lag in image transmission. It is quite frustrating even if I'm using a OTG to get sparky to fly further.
2017-7-23
Use props
Connah
New
Canada

Waypoints!!!
Raw Photos
2017-7-23
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

new here, new to droning.  i just got my spark and been enjoying the hell out of it. but i do have a list of fixes, suggestions and ideas me and my GF came up with after flying it around for a good while.

first 2 have to do mostly with the App. sadly my priority list is mostly fixes need to happen not features to add..

1.  biggest issue, the app on android is sort of broken, and can be hit or miss.  with my S8, the app crashes at random.  not good at all, i nearly lost my spark the day i received it... app crash and my spark kept on keeping with a low battery towards a busy road which was a safe distance, until i lost control.   it flew out at top speed and covered multiple blocks. luckily i regained control as it started to return home, in god only knows where it thought home was, it reset somewhere else and was going away from the marker.

2. fix the scaling or allow a "cropped" mode for on screen buttons, trying to use S8 with the controller was sort of hell i have to move the phone in and out a lot, just to use onscreen buttons.. infact so bad, i'm now looking at used iPhone 5S's because of this and the fact the app crashes and i nearly lost my spark day 1 of ownership.

3. need to work out better range with 2.4/5.8 ghz bands.  either better automatic in flight switching, or slitting the duties up 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, at least allow jumping to happen seamless if OTG cable present if nothing else.. just so it always has better communications..

4. this one my GF came up with, an eco mode, both in app and in firmware...lower usage of power, like around low battery mark or something similar just so you a few spare minutes extra to safely get it back home or out of immediate danger (power lines in her case when she had to override RTH mode)...

5. offer an extended battery, for 20 minutes instead of 16..  im not sure if that is possible but its only extra 4 minutes, so it's hopefully not much extra weight.   in the handful of times i flown my drone since owning it, i found myself wanting/needing only 2-4 more minutes...

6. update obstacle avoidance...  it moves too slow.. 6.8MPH at fastest, tis ok for cinematic usage or if you're just learning. but its little too slow for going the distance or toying around with.. my GF said a good middle ground could be 12.5MPH dynamically drops to 6 MPH if things it spots that could post risk.  that i can live with and i agree with, 6 MPH range it's too slow if you're in the open but want some extra protection just incase..    sidenote to add to it.. it seems obstacle avoidance isn't that smart  on the spark either... its super hit/miss.   def needs some tweaking to algorithm, i'm not expecting perfection, just expect it not to run into a tree that it clearly sees and is barking at us about being 5 feet away from.

now features i want.   

i want more manual settings for photo and video and well as more frame rates and output formats.  i dont know if it is possible, but HEVC encoding would be nice as it would allow smaller files with equal or better quality, if the hardware has native HEVC encoding support 60fps maybe possible..  dont knock its possibilities, HEVC been around for years only becoming a thing people recognize more recently.

a way to start various video modes with gestures

more to think about.............
2017-7-23
Use props
ebo974
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83730 ft
Réunion

Adjustable gimbal pitch and speed please.
2017-7-24
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

2.7k video recorder and 1080p 60fps this a 12mpx..

cinematic mode

2017-7-24
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

option for gps to record to the cloud some how. this would help on fly away cases and we would be able to recover the drone.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules