Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor problem
2135 2 2014-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve.picard
New

Canada

Phantom 1 with titan motors . When starting the drone i notice that one motor is a little bit slower to start turning and before taking off with only the trottle the drone will tilt on the same side of that slower motor and hit the ground ?? So if i want to take off with out the drone on its side i need to hold the right analog at a certain place or hold the drone in one hand before taking off !! Once the drone flying there's no problem !!
2014-10-13
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
Second Officer

China

Please contact your dealer, let him have a check on the ESC and motors if there is any problem.
2014-10-13
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

It sounds like one motor is not a match for the rest of the set, and it's lagging behind until the FC can sense the imbalance and compensate.
Also, be sure to take off with some throttle authority to get the craft off the ground quickly.
Have you adjusted the idle speed up a step to see if the motors all start simultaneously then?

Putting aftermarket (Traxxas Titan, I presume) motors on your P1 places you in the "modifier" category of pilots.
You might not find much help here on the DJI forum because I've not yet seen many "modifier" posts.
You might try the P1 threads over on RCG.
Also, as a "modifier" you assume some responsibility for being able to figure things like you're experiencing out for yourself...

Here's some suggestions:
See if the suspect motor feels easier to turn than the others.
After flying, is it warmer than the rest?
Move the suspect motor to another arm and see if it behaves the same there. (indicates it's the motor)
If not, did the different motor in the original position behave similarly? (indicates it's the ESC)
Swap out the suspect motor for a different one.
Swap out the suspect ESC for a different one.
These are all typical troubleshooting steps that "modifiers" routinely do...
2014-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules