No signal to RC after firmware update?
1285 6 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1dbcde6a
New
Flight distance : 3307 ft
United Kingdom

So after what seemed like hours trying to get my Phantom PS3 to update, it finally did! Everything seemed fine after but since I have updated the firmware, I can no longer get a signal to the RC when in flight. Does anybody else have this issue? I have heard some people have but from what I can tell, there is no fix for it yet. I ca fly the drone with the  RC fine but the app says there is no signal.

Thanks for the help guys.

2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

link the rc to ac again thrue the app
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-6-26 00:49
link the rc to ac again thrue the app

??

App has nothing to do with RC to AC linking. App only links to RC via WiFi.
He says that RC is controlling AC ... therefore RC to AC link is fine.

Usual remedy for App is to uninstall App and re-install to re-instate Apps ops. to RC

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-26 01:29
??

App has nothing to do with RC to AC linking. App only links to RC via WiFi.

Don't think that is what (s)he meant. Relink the controller (or RC) to the drone (or AC) either via the GO app Relink Controller option or manually without the use of the app (Too lazy to explain how. Look it up;) )
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-6-26 04:28
Don't think that is what (s)he meant. Relink the controller (or RC) to the drone (or AC) either via the GO app Relink Controller option or manually without the use of the app (Too lazy to explain how. Look it up;) )

Ha Ha .. sorry ... but he said "link the rc to ac again thrue the app" which is wrong.
Relink Controller via Go App is actually to relink Tablet to Controller is to reset the Video Downlink to the Tablet from Controller. It does nothing to relink to AC.

The manual way to connect tablet to controller is using Gimbal control to full right and toggling S2.

For the RC to AC ... that is using Link Button on AC and the Gimbal control full LEFT and toggling S2 ...

Does that help ?
The OP says he has control of AC from RC - this means that there is a breakdown in WiFi link to tablet ... usually cured by re-installing GO. If that doesn't cure it - then best way is Page 26 of the manual .. Gimbal control to RIGHT , toggling S2 switch. That resets WiFi to default and password is 12341234.

Nigel

2017-6-26
Use props
PhoenixDroner
New
Flight distance : 3307 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-26 06:32
Ha Ha .. sorry ... but he said "link the rc to ac again thrue the app" which is wrong.
Relink Controller via Go App is actually to relink Tablet to Controller is to reset the Video Downlink to the Tablet from Controller. It does nothing to relink to AC.

Thanks for your help Nigel!

Seems to be working fine now, will test it, later on, to make sure for definite Thanks again for your help!
2017-6-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

PhoenixDroner Posted at 2017-6-27 02:30
Thanks for your help Nigel!

Seems to be working fine now, will test it, later on, to make sure for definite  Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes ...

Cheers
Nigel
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules