Fast & clean switching between Smartphone & Remote Controller fly...
12533 13 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Hi !
I cant seem to get ot to work, how am i supposed to switch between using the Spark with my Smartphone Standalone and THEN with my remote and THEN back to Smartphone usage ?

Of course i can press & hold power button on the Spark for ages until 3 Beeps come up, THEN use the smartphone, but with next power cyclle it wont bind with the remote until put both sevices in bind mode (with all the beeping that involves, DJI REALLY loves Beeping...)

So any clean & fast way of going back & forth ?

AND: even the WiFi / Smartphone mode does not seem to "come back" after a power cycle ?!?!

In other words:

Heeeeeelp  :-)

Nils

2017-6-26
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

Okay, the part that i ALWAYS have to reset (3 beep) even if i want to stay in smartphone/wifi mode is yet another bug covered here.

I verified that using a iPad Mini 4 that does not care for the WiFi laws too much :-)

Nils

...shaking his head about DJI Q&A...
2017-6-26
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

For now, this IS the method for switching between the two.  It's a pain, but that's how it's done.  
2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

nils.heidorn Posted at 2017-6-26 06:20
Okay, the part that i ALWAYS have to reset (3 beep) even if i want to stay in smartphone/wifi mode is yet another bug covered here.

I verified that using a iPad Mini 4 that does not care for the WiFi laws too much :-)

It's all a bit cluttered, definitely needs to improve.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans04932e4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think they need to change it to a much easier procedure. It's a real pain, then the whole beeping and i am sure in a few weeks down in the field when i could need it i will have forgotten the whole RC re-binding procedure.
2017-6-30
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

Hi !
If its binded it should stay binded. One should be reconnected to remote if switching off WiFi mode.
Easy as that. Too difficult for DJI.
Even more annoying is that mad fallbacl to 5.8G when 2.4G is the better choice at 95% of all times

Nils
2017-6-30
Use props
Gijzel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48445 ft
Netherlands

I have been looking all over the internet but can’t find a better solution than reset it for 3 beeps, this .....$@#%$@#%@#$

Does anybody have a better solution, perhaps with the new APP?
2017-7-26
Use props
Gijzel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48445 ft
Netherlands

Is there a way to connect is to the wifi phone after i palm started (by pressing two times) and the last time it was on RC connection.

I was trying the new video gesture.

It was hanging 2,5 m above the ground, gesture didn’t work any more and I can’t get it down.
Left my RC in the house and brought just my phone, have to wait for 10 min till battery runs out.

If this happens on a place I cannot reach this can go wrong and lose the drone.
2017-7-27
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, i use the one beep to pair the controller and two beeps to pair my iphone. You still have to run the pair process on the controller after the one beep but it only takes a second or two for the controller to find the spark. Only use three beeps to fully reset wifi.
2017-7-27
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

I do not have the answer for you but you should put [HELP] or [q] in the title as its misleading. I took it for a tip of how to
2017-7-27
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well now, here is the next one facing this problem. I just unpacked my new spark yesterday and would also like to use my phone in the garden and the remote in really open areas. But thanks already for the hint, not to completely reset the Wifi settings, but only to use "one and two beeps".

I'll follow this thread very carefully.
2017-8-3
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

press hold 6 secs (2 beeps)
switch from RC to Phone

Press hold 3 secs (1 beep)
switch from phone to RC..

try disable and reenable wifi on your phone.. this works for me most times
if it fails only press hold 9 secs
2017-8-3
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
United States

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-3 22:28
press hold 6 secs (2 beeps)
switch from RC to Phone

In EU we have to use 10 sec (3 beeps)  when switching to phone for now.
2017-8-3
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-3 23:34
In EU we have to use 10 sec (3 beeps)  when switching to phone for now.

Yep and it's still the case nearly TWO years down the road. Most likely because it defaults to 5.8Ghz when you do a 6 second/2beep hold and that's not usable in Europe.

And what's worse it seems you have to do each time you connect...

2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules