Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
my OSMO do not turn on at all
29793 21 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ju'light
New
Costa Rica

Good morning
since i have gotten my OSmo all i have is problems, the newest one is that IT DOES NOT TURN ON, not a noise, NOTHING, the batteriesssss ( i have 3!) are fully charged
I have used it only a few times
fist it was making a beeping sound constantly than it just work fine for no ppearent reason, than it stopped turning or doing the selfy mode, full point
now this
I leave in costa rica, there are no shops here to help me
it as a present given to me last xmass, so i do not have the receipt
i feel very unlcky here

i hope some one can help me a little

many blessings and gratitude in advance
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Hi. Try resetting the Osmo. You would do that by the following steps: Hold down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It should then reset and turn back on again. .
2017-6-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am really sorry to hear that. You should ask the person for details in case for warranty/repair. It is very important with electronic equipment.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It seems that the communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal,  please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
Please keep us updated if it works.
2017-6-27
Use props
Osiris09 4
lvl.2
New Zealand

Had the same issue. Mine was dirty battery terminals caused by the glue on the terminal protectors getting hot and sticking cause the no contact issue. Once it was dirty none of my batteries worked. I also cleaned my terminals between the handle and camera just incase.
2017-6-29
Use props
Ju'light
New
Costa Rica

thank you !!!will do this and keep you posted,
Dji MArk the handle do not answer, nore turn on  at all so i can not reset it ;)  
2017-7-8
Use props
Ju'light
New
Costa Rica

6 months on .... still not working
2017-12-16
Use props
KPHawaii999
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the same problem but I can’t even get my batteries charged. I bought new ones and they don’t work either. Not sure what’s going on. Tried the reset and no lights at all. I have tried to charge the batteries in the Osmo and in the charger from Wasabi. They used to work just fine but now, nothing. Where’s DJI in this support?
2017-12-26
Use props
OSMO-G
lvl.1

Canada

wow just terrible issues everywhere I read! Im stuck with a dead OSMO as well...
I live in Canada and zero support here.
2017-12-28
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Cambodia

Had the same problem sent mine to service an “online” service is NOT available here in Thailand where I live nowadays still waiting for it to be returned- meanwhile I gave DJI the second chance and bought a new one and extra batteries it’s on 1.04 and there are some major behavioral differences when starting and shutting down so hopefully this will work and I get a working back from the reseller/DJI that was on 1.03.xx I just believe that DJI messed up the update that killed a bunch of cameras in that lot and they are of course not saying a word DJIStyle.
2019-8-2
Use props
Jirongie
New
South Korea

my osmo action was fixed  just an hour by updating the firmware at DJI store.
watch my video guys.
https://youtu.be/aW5M70c95RY
2019-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jirongie Posted at 8-11 16:09
my osmo action was fixed  just an hour by updating the firmware at DJI store.
watch my video guys.
https://youtu.be/aW5M70c95RY

What problem were you having, I see nothing in your video about an Osmo Action firmware problem nor how you may have fixed it ?

Clickbait ?
2019-8-12
Use props
Rorymclees
New

United States

Osiris09 4 Posted at 2017-6-29 15:48
Had the same issue. Mine was dirty battery terminals caused by the glue on the terminal protectors getting hot and sticking cause the no contact issue. Once it was dirty none of my batteries worked. I also cleaned my terminals between the handle and camera just incase.

Did you manage to get it working again? I’m having issues getting power to stay consistent. I got a can of air to try and blow it. If you got it working how did you clean the glue off?
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI User 74
lvl.1
United States

Rorymclees Posted at 1-20 05:12
Did you manage to get it working again? I’m having issues getting power to stay consistent. I got a can of air to try and blow it. If you got it working how did you clean the glue off?

Was having the same problem.  Wouldn't power on at all.  Tried rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab on the internal battery leads and it worked for me.
2020-5-12
Use props
RKenelmDJI
New
Hong Kong

Come to this old post today. My Osmo was unable to charge or power on too. If I connect to computer, the RED status indicator was lighted. DJI assistant 2 was able to detect my Osmo, but not able to check and flash the firmware because of gimbal error ( forgot to screencapture the 4-5 errors).

Fyi, My action to fix my Osmo;
1. remove the gimbal and detach the cable. (the cable looks fragile, please do it carefully or ask for the help)
2. connect the "handle" to computer, and try to flash the firmware. Mine Osmo was able to power up at this stage with the Red Indicator
3. reconnect the gimbal and flash the firmware again. Green status indicator.
4. able to charge and connect to my phone now ~  back to live & DONE !!!
2020-8-15
Use props
jScosta
New

Brazil

Hi guys.
My osmo action cam not turn on, has no led indicator. The battery are ok.. Even if connect the charger directly to osmo, it doesn't work.
tried what they said so far, but nothing working.
2021-4-21
Use props
jScosta
New

Brazil

In a weekend I used the osmo action in a trekking. I ended up getting rain . The next day I continued using osmo normally. After that, I put the camera away and tried to turn it on weeks later. But I was unsuccessful.Nothing.The camera was out of warranty. So, hands-on. I opened it. I cleaned the main board and the usb component with isopropyl alcohol 99,8%. After job, To my delight, I resuscitated the equipment. Perhaps the moisture has penetrated in some way, forming some oxidation. Well, it doesn't matter if the battery is properly inserted, or if the USB port is protected. The water seal does not work. You have to use the waterproof case. PS: Sorry, I'm using the translator, I hope you understand.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_P2jfJVxZgRnf
New

Israel

My DJI osmo action is not turning on yet it has a red light. Any suggestions?
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_thTX1rn5pOwL
New

India

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-26 14:18
Hi. Try resetting the Osmo. You would do that by the following steps: Hold down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It should then reset and turn back on again. .

Sir my DJI osmo action suddenly stopped working yesterday while I'm on ride not even showing any lights or not even turning on plzz help me anyone I'm living in Indian Karnataka
2022-3-12
Use props
Nour el Fenn
New

France

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-26 14:18
Hi. Try resetting the Osmo. You would do that by the following steps: Hold down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It should then reset and turn back on again. .

Thank you, it's working now.
2023-9-23
Use props
djiuser_rRFG4qacDiey
New

Malaysia

Nour el Fenn Posted at 2023-9-23 17:46
Thank you, it's working now.
Hi, which one is the trigger button? Is it the QS button? Can you give me the steps? My Osmo Action wont turn on and no light at all. Please help
2-19 05:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_rRFG4qacDiey Posted at 2-19 05:11
Hi, which one is the trigger button? Is it the QS button? Can you give me the steps? My Osmo Action wont turn on and no light at all. Please help

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about your situation. Please be advised that the power button for the DJI Osmo Action is located at the top. You may refer to the screenshot below for the process on how to turn it on. Kindly feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress.

2-21 02:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules