Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Map Loading" where the Location used to be
1933 15 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ever since I installed the latest DJIGo update, I am not getting the name of the location in the Flight Record log.   GPS signals are fine before and during flight, and the maps are visible both during and in the log.  But the names (which used to come up correctly) never load into the log.  Have tried using both my iPad Mini4 and my iPhone 7+. Could this be related to the switch in maps that DJI is now using?  This is not good.....
2017-6-26
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I just checked my flight logs and my flights from Sunday all have location names assigned and I am on the latest firmware and GO4 app rev.....
2017-6-26
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... name of location will show up later... it needs some time to load, make sure you have internet connection so app can load the part of the map that is needed.
2017-6-26
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-6-26 13:20
... name of location will show up later... it needs some time to load, make sure you have internet connection so app can load the part of the map that is needed.

Thanks, Mari.  That's what I thought at first too, but I have flights from a week ago that still say that.  I then concluded it must have been a glitch that day.  When I flew this morning, the same thing has happened.  I have LTE and WIFI available where I fly, so a connection is not the problem.
2017-6-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-6-26 13:59
Thanks, Mari.  That's what I thought at first too, but I have flights from a week ago that still say that.  I then concluded it must have been a glitch that day.  When I flew this morning, the same thing has happened.  I have LTE and WIFI available where I fly, so a connection is not the problem.

Just tap on one of the flights and it should update the location. Mine always show up as "Loading" and stay that way until I look at one of the flights, then the location will show on all the flights.
2017-6-26
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-26 22:18
Just tap on one of the flights and it should update the location. Mine always show up as "Loading" and stay that way until I look at one of the flights, then the location will show on all the flights.

No luck there either.  This problem started at the same time the DJIGO4 app started crashing in flight...
Have three sets of multiple flights in different locations..... no locations.  The first set is about two weeks old and have been opened multiple times.
2017-6-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-6-27 03:57
No luck there either.  This problem started at the same time the DJIGO4 app started crashing in flight...
Have three sets of multiple flights in different locations..... no locations.  The first set is about two weeks old and have been opened multiple times.

Are you using DJI Go or DJI Go 4?
2017-6-27
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-27 22:15
Are you using DJI Go or DJI Go 4?

DJI Go 4 (4.1.2)  Just noticed today there is a new version out with  "Bug fixes"  -- Hoping mine is one of the bugs fixed, but I cannot believe they could not have been a little more specific on what they have addressed!
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-6-28 17:40
DJI Go 4 (4.1.2)  Just noticed today there is a new version out with  "Bug fixes"  -- Hoping mine is one of the bugs fixed, but I cannot believe they could not have been a little more specific on what they have addressed!

Hi Foxtrot, map loading almost relates to the internet. Would you mind uploading your flight record and PM us your email account? Just to verify if it can load in our device.
2017-6-28
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-28 19:43
Hi Foxtrot, map loading almost relates to the internet. Would you mind uploading your flight record and PM us your email account? Just to verify if it can load in our device.

Hi Thor,
I have sent you the information.  Thanks
2017-6-29
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-28 19:43

Hi Thor,
It has been almost two months and I have never received a response after I uploaded the flight records.  I guess this is one more problem  that will just get ignored?  Very disappointed that I couldn't even get a "we have no clue" from you.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-8-10 09:22
Hi Thor,
It has been almost two months and I have never received a response after I uploaded the flight records.  I guess this is one more problem  that will just get ignored?  Very disappointed that I couldn't even get a "we have no clue" from you.

I am sincerely sorry for this, but I still haven't got the result, I'll push the engineers and escalate it. Thanks for the patience.
2017-8-13
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.3
Hong Kong

ISO DJI GO fetches location name from server when
1.DJI Go launches.
2.click the flight item and view the flight trace details.

There is no guarantee that the fetch request would succeed since the this request api is provided by apple map or a certain kind of map the ios device is using.
So the current solution for fetching location name is to trigger the request multiple times.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-8-10 09:22
Hi Thor,

Hi there, reply on 13# is from our engineer, please check. Thanks for your patience.
2017-8-17
Use props
fans143c105d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141322 ft
United Kingdom

Are there any updates on this thread.? Thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sadly no. DJI seems to have blown it off. I have probably 50 Flights with this problem.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules