Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Goggles Phantom 4
12211 22 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80997 ft
United States

Hello everybody! Today after talk to DJI support about why Phantom 4 head and gimbal tracking doesn't work with DJI goggles they told me "unfortunately the the DJI Goggle don't work with phantom 4 series, and only work with Mavic pro and also he said maybe never will in the near future. Im feeling very frustrate about!
I send this to them from  the manual page 11:
INSPIRETM 2* PHANTOM 4 Series**
Micro USB cable
Support Head Tracking, Intelligent Flight Modes, and Live view.
---------------------
INSPIRE Series PHANTOM 4 PRO+ PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED+
HDMI cable
Support only Live view. Aircraft operation is not supported.  

He said he can't give me any explanation about it!
Now i don't know if the goggles its worth to keep it or return because i have no plan to buy a mavic Pro because i just bought the spark fly more!
2017-6-26
Use props
fans644aa462
New
  • >>>
United States

I'm confused about this as well. I connected my Phantom 4 Advanced RC to the Goggles with microUSB cable and i cant get head tracking to work, only live view so... their manual isn't correct or something
2017-6-26
Use props
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
United States

fans644aa462 Posted at 2017-6-26 18:38
I'm confused about this as well. I connected my Phantom 4 Advanced RC to the Goggles with microUSB cable and i cant get head tracking to work, only live view so... their manual isn't correct or something

apparently they did this just for sale! the customer support was direct on the answer to me saying the head tracking on phantom 4 series its not compatible!
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are so sorry for the confusion you have been caused by the support agents.  The Phantom 4 series can work with the DJI Goggles, but some functions may not be available. Here is the functional support list below for your reference. We understand that you all want the googles more functional with different aircraft model, so do we. We've transferred your requests to our engineers, we'd like to develop more functions on it if it is possible. Control the AC.png
2017-6-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Prwandersonsant Posted at 2017-6-26 18:50
apparently they did this just for sale! the customer support was direct on the answer to me saying the head tracking on phantom 4 series its not compatible!

Hi. The specs for the Goggles originally stated that full functionality would be offered for the P4, although at that time I believe that marketing expected the latest firmware update would be out to provide the P4 with intelligent flight mode features (which were beta tested back in January). However, release of that firmware didn't happen, and DJI focussed on firmware releases for the P4P, P4A, Inspire 2, Spark and Osmo instead. DJI then made a quiet correction to the manual and specs to state that the P4 was not fully compatible - just for the basic features. Many view this as simply being 'bait advertising', but I believe it's just been a case of poor release management.

DJI keep suggesting that they will still release this firmware update for the P4, but will not provide an ETA. When it happens, the P4 should have full functionality with the Goggles.
2017-6-26
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-26 20:19
Hi. The specs for the Goggles originally stated that full functionality would be offered for the P4, although at that time I believe that marketing expected the latest firmware update would be out to provide the P4 with intelligent flight mode features (which were beta tested back in January). However, release of that firmware didn't happen, and DJI focussed on firmware releases for the P4P, P4A, Inspire 2, Spark and Osmo instead. DJI then made a quiet correction to the manual and specs to state that the P4 was not fully compatible - just for the basic features. Many view this as simply being 'bait advertising', but I believe it's just been a case of poor release management.

DJI keep suggesting that they will still release this firmware update for the P4, but will not provide an ETA. When it happens, the P4 should have full functionality with the Goggles.

Are you sure we will get head tracking? Like did it ever during beta? From the crappy support replies I got from DJI and their lack of grammar they said no. I'm super pis sed right now.
2017-6-27
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-26 20:19

Are you sure we will get head tracking? Like did it ever during beta? From the crappy support replies I got from DJI and their lack of grammar they said no. I'm super pis_sed right now.
2017-6-27
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 20:12
We are so sorry for the confusion you have been caused by the support agents.  The Phantom 4 series can work with the DJI Goggles, but some functions may not be available. Here is the functional support list below for your reference. We understand that you all want the googles more functional with different aircraft model, so do we. We've transferred your requests to our engineers, we'd like to develop more functions on it if it is possible.[view_image]

Hello DJI Diana,

Thank you for the update. How does DJI plan to compensate the Phantom 4 owners who purchased the DJI Goggles based on the original specifications that were the same as the other P4 models please?

2017-6-27
Use props
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-6-27 04:03
Hello DJI Diana,

Thank you for the update. How does DJI plan to compensate the Phantom 4 owners who purchased the DJI Goggles based on the original specifications that were the same as the other P4 models please?

Hello to Diana i like to see you answer that question! Because iam very frustrate right now too! What i believe its this: Don't advertise somenthing if its not true or will not happen!
2017-6-27
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Prwandersonsant Posted at 2017-6-27 05:15
Hello to Diana i like to see you answer that question! Because iam very frustrate right now too! What i believe its this: Don't advertise somenthing if its not true or will not happen!

She won't, she can barely type English properly! Basically useless! They won't do anything for us!
2017-6-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-6-27 10:58
She won't, she can barely type English properly! Basically useless! They won't do anything for us!

If you're that disenfranchised then you should take your Goggles back to the retailer and ask for a refund. Not sure but I imagine US & Canadian law would be similar to that of UK & Europe, where in this case the product 'was not as described', 'not fit for purpose' (or whatever wording) when it was sold to you.

DJI Dianas English is certainly very good and light years ahead of any foreign language skills I posses. Remember these are frontline retail people and are unlikely to have any more information on a release than we have.
I would tend to go with Punchbuggys understanding. DJI have a ready made market for the Goggles in the P4s already sold, and it would seem daft not to take advantage of that if it is technically possible. Who knows the Beta tests may have thrown up some problems not previously seen.
2017-6-27
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-27 13:21
If you're that disenfranchised then you should take your Goggles back to the retailer and ask for a refund. Not sure but I imagine US & Canadian law would be similar to that of UK & Europe, where in this case the product 'was not as described', 'not fit for purpose' (or whatever wording) when it was sold to you.

DJI Dianas English is certainly very good and light years ahead of any foreign language skills I posses. Remember these are frontline retail people and are unlikely to have any more information on a release than we have.

I'm politely asking for DJIs policy on the matter. I purchased the Goggles directly from DJI and I am outside of the published  window to return them.

There's no need for anyone to disparage the moderators. They are doing the best they can and just need some direction from their supervisors.
2017-6-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-6-27 10:58

Hey, I can understand your frustration, but as Aardvark points out, it's not appropriate to take it out on the moderators and support staff. I doubt that they are in the loop for firmware releases, and lack full details of the features and fixes (and residual issues known by the engineeers) within them. The Goggles debarcle is just indicative of another internal disconnect within DJI.

Just remember that the support people here walk a fine line - a line between legitimately wanting to help customers here, and being able to maintain the DJI 'party line'. I'm sure that they are given regular instruction on what they are able to say, and what they aren't.

Regardless, the delay in releasing new firmware for the P4 after it being openly tested last December-January is one thing, but the false representation of full functionality of the Goggles with the P4 during it's release (and first run of purchases) is another. In many countries, the latter would lead to their trading being halted or being heavily penalised due to misleading product advertising. DJI need to adddress that, as it falsely guided many peoples purchase decision. Of course, release of a P4 firmware which returned this promise of full Goggle functionality would be a resolution.
2017-6-27
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-27 14:52
Hey, I can understand your frustration, but as Aardvark points out, it's not appropriate to take it out on the moderators and support staff. I doubt that they are in the loop for firmware releases, and lack full details of the features and fixes (and residual issues known by the engineeers) within them. The Goggles debarcle is just indicative of another internal disconnect within DJI.

Just remember that the support people here walk a fine line - a line between legitimately wanting to help customers here, and being able to maintain the DJI 'party line'. I'm sure that they are given regular instruction on what they are able to say, and what they aren't.

I'm totally agree with your 3rd paragraph in your comment! I hope they are looking to fix this!
Like I said to you I did a  direct call and they didn't promise me anything!

Let's hope for the best!!!!
2017-6-27
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-27 14:52

I'm totally agree with your 3rd paragraph in your comment! I hope they are looking to fix this!
Like I said to you I did a  direct call and they didn't promise me anything!

Let's hope for the best!!!!
2017-6-27
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Meh, still pis_sed. I did get to try them finally and the horizon line was saying my p4 was sideways and i took off the goggles and it was fine. I really hope they fix these goggles. It's stupid I have to run 2 dji assistant 2 programs, one for my p4 and one for the mavic to use the goggles.
2017-7-3
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

I've sent an email to the company I got them from here in Canada and advised I'm protected as a consumer. So we shall see if they give me a return address and give my money back. I might as well use the money to get a tablet since DJI got rid of the ipad 4 from being capable. I'm really starting to dislike DJI. Like seriously the P4 is just a year old....
2017-7-3
Use props
Adolfo Quintero
New
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Colombia

With the latest updates of the glasses and ghost 4 if it works well. What is not enabled is the tripod mode. Con las últimas actualizaciones  de las dji goggles y el phantom 4 si funciona bien. Lo que no está habilitado es el modo trípode.
2017-8-24
Use props
fans1b16a301
lvl.1
United States

My Phantom 4 (standard) does support head and gimbal tracking but there is another BIG problem.  The new DJI software requires that the user be connected to the internet to fly more than 30 meters but the goggles do not connect to the internet and the hardware does not allow you to connect the phone and the goggles at the same time so yu are limited to 30 m horizontal and 30 m vertical.  I also have a Mavic and this is not a problem since you connect both at the same time.
2017-8-27
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

Hi.

Can someone please confirm that the gimbal tracking issue with the P4P is resolved?

Besides this, is there any restriction using the Goggle with P4P as opposed to using it with Mavic Pro?
In other words, are there any disabled/unfunctional features when using the Goggle with the P4P?
(apart from the cable connection i.s.o. WiFi)

Thanks,
2017-12-11
Use props
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
United States

geohei Posted at 2017-12-11 10:51
Hi.

Can someone please confirm that the gimbal tracking issue with the P4P is resolved?

Yes the issue it’s resolved after you upgrade to the latest firmware!
2017-12-12
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

Prwandersonsant Posted at 2017-12-12 06:02
Yes the issue it’s resolved after you upgrade to the latest firmware!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
2017-12-12
Use props
Jim K
lvl.1
United States

Folks I am new to the drone world.

Suggestions on best way to connect P4P (have now) with Crystalsky display (on backorder) and contemplation of DJI Googles to ensure I have HUD at all times on the display and the goggles?

I have seen some youtubes (possibly now outdated due to firmware updates) that suggest the HDMI connection to the goggles does not carry the HUD.  Not sure if I need to buy the HDMI module for the controller (or use HDMI out of the hopefully soon to arrive crystalsky), new/special cabling, etc.

All the talk about the lack of focal adjustment on the googles as well as very, very, very apparent substandard support is disturbing.  Not trying to be derogatory, the company clearly is very capable which suggests their orientation is disproportionately about sales than customer care.....rant aside, really would appreciate figuring out what is needed to make the P4P, Crystalsky and Goggles work with greatest functionality before I give them anymore money.

thanks all
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules