Burst mode - Low resolution photo - Why?
1947 13 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Why is not Burst photo the same as normal photo?

The file is half the size and there is no metadata information.

Capturar.JPG

2017-6-26
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI says nowhere that Burst mode has less resolution.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have feedback this issue to our engineer for further analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-27
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 00:41
I have feedback this issue to our engineer for further analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

That should not work that way, right?
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-6-27 09:56
Thanks!

That should not work that way, right?

I‘m confirming with our R&D engineer at the moment, I will come back to you soon, please wait patiently.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry to have kept you waiting, this situation is normal after confirmation with our engineer. The pictures in SD card and SSD card are saved in different way, and different compression ratio makes the size look different, but the quality of picture is the same, no worries.
2017-6-28
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 03:55
Sorry to have kept you waiting, this situation is normal after confirmation with our engineer. The pictures in SD card and SSD card are saved in different way, and different compression ratio makes the size look different, but the quality of picture is the same, no worries.

The quality is definitely not the same. Due to the high compression when trying to lighten a dark area, for example, the picture gets a lot more noise than the photo saved in the SD (using the same settings).
2017-6-28
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Of course, in one file half the size of the other there is not so much information.
2017-6-28
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

So that's it?

DJI can please update the site and inform you that Burst Mode makes photos with lower quality.
2017-7-21
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

Has just ordered a i2 with x5s.. Following this as this is not acceptable if it's not the same quality!
2017-7-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Fwiw, I think the JPG capture off the Still camera is much higher quality and in size than the JPG captured off the Movie camera if one presses the right shutter button while in Movie mode.  Could be Burst is using the Movie side of the camera and not the Still image side hence the lower quality.  That would indicate the camera's cache is not up to speed to extract full JPG images from the Movie side.

IMHO.
2017-7-25
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-25 06:34
Fwiw, I think the JPG capture off the Still camera is much higher quality and in size than the JPG captured off the Movie camera if one presses the right shutter button while in Movie mode.  Could be Burst is using the Movie side of the camera and not the Still image side hence the lower quality.  That would indicate the camera's cache is not up to speed to extract full JPG images from the Movie side.

IMHO.

I agree with you, but I think DJI should inform this so as not to mislead the buyer.
2017-7-25
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-25 06:34

IMHO.

You both talk about JPG but in the screen shoot it's DNG. I'm happy if the DNG's are full size.. But of course DJI still NEED to inform clearly if there is a different quality in burst mode.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Wille_W Posted at 2017-7-27 01:05
You both talk about JPG but in the screen shoot it's DNG. I'm happy if the DNG's are full size.. But of course DJI still NEED to inform clearly if there is a different quality in burst mode.

True about the DNG.

Might try a Single-shot DNG off the camera, then try a Burst of three.  Could be the camera is set to shoot a smaller DNG image size (Smaller than say 4K.  Maybe a 800x640 or something?) so the cache will keep up.  I know still captures out of the Movie side are awful, but they are JPG but I never looked at the physical image size as it could also be compression for them.  Can't do DNG stills out of Movie side so nix that idea.

There is also a bad color difference between the Still JPG and the Movie JPG too when I was shooting stills off the movie side.  DNG means a lot more work in an editor and then they all differ in their output too.  Much more subjective there. I've gone around why editors can't come to a common agreement in white balance settings where one says 4,700K and another say 5,600K with whatever green/magenta shift they apply.  Maddening!
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules