Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attitude indicator incorrect on Goggles
1312 3 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if someone can shed some light on a problem I am experiencing with the DJI Goggles.

The triangular indicator in the centre of the screen should point in the direction of the aircraft. Mine is about 25 degrees out which makes FPV flying very tricky if I am not completely sure of my location. If I turn the Mavic so that the triangle is pointing towards me, presumably I should be able to fly back to myself. This does not happen.

I have loaded the latest formware on the Mavic and the Goggles. I have also carried out an IMU calibration on the Goggles (to no effect whatsoever). I have tried connecting the Goggles to my Phantom 4 pro using a lead and have exactly the same problem so the issue is definitely not Mavic related....

I would be hugely grateful for any help/advice/comments from others who might have experienced something similar.
2017-6-27
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have sorted it out! The aircraft triangle in the display is the aircraft heading relative to North! This is not explained in the Manual which is, indeed, wrong and misleading. The homeport is shown by an "h" on the display. Once again this is not even hinted at in the manual.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans3ddf86f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5351696 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem and find it very confusing !  Not pleased
2018-2-6
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Perfectly normal. A lot of aviation GPS's for example have the option of changing this - keeping the pointer always up and rotating the "moving map", or keeping the moving map stationary and rotating the pointer as the aircraft heading/course changes. Given that you probably don't want the screen rotating in flight, , the choice of having the pointer rotate was probably the correct default choice to make.....
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules