Red/Green flashing light on Controller and no video feed
11685 17 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blakemore777
New
United Kingdom

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have only had my DJI Phantom 4 PRO + for a short while.

Out of the box it was working fine having flown it twice without any issues. The controller advised of a fiirmware update so I connected the drone and the update appeared to complete successfully. The next time I powered the RC and drone up the RC had a flashing Red/Green light which used to be solid green and there was nothing showing from the camera at all?

I have tried refreshing the firmware 01.04.06.02 from the DJI Assistant 2 app and a factory reset but it this remains the same.
I have also tried relinking the RC which appeared to complete successfully however the situation remains the same.

Any assistance would be helpful as at the moment I not sure what to try next.

2017-6-27
Use props
Blakemore777
New
United Kingdom

I've figured out what the issue was. Just incase anyone else has the same problem it was the Andriod software on the RC.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans89caf855
New
Flight distance : 317503 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  What do you mean by it was the android software on the Remote Control?  I'm using an ipad with ios.  Thanks --John
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans89caf855 Posted at 2017-7-12 13:04
I have the same issue.  What do you mean by it was the android software on the Remote Control?  I'm using an ipad with ios.  Thanks --John

Try updating the RC firmware if not already done:-

When running DJI go 4 with display device (with good wiifi connection) connected to controller, and aircraft switched off. tap on left hand side at top of display that should bring up a 'Status' display. At top of the list of items it should confirm whether all updates done, if not there's a red triangle (if my memory serves me correctly). Tap on that line and it should take you through the RC update procedure.

So to complete all; aircraft firmware, RC firmware and latest version of DJI Go 4 App' need to be installed.
2017-7-12
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

I think the aircraft need to be off, for the RC to up grade.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans89caf855 Posted at 2017-7-12 13:04

What is the current firmware of the RC? Please try to reset the RC to factory default via DJI Assistant 2, then re-link the RC to the drone.
2017-7-13
Use props
jules1985
New

United States

How to fix this with P3P, iPhone 6s and DJI GO app? Same problem, no solution!
2017-11-30
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here with my P4 Standard, so it might just work for the P3P just don't use the "GO 4 App" instead the DJI Go 3 app and these steps. This is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a few minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.
2017-12-1
Use props
fansabec300f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19734 ft
United States

Sky guy, you are a genius! Been so frustrated with my standard P4 not being able to upgrade the firmware. Numerous calls to DJI and they said their developers working to correct the problem. Surprised they didn’t offer this solution. I spent eight hours trying to figure a work around and came upon this post. Only difference for me was that I downgraded all the way down to 1.5.  I tried 1.6 but it didn’t ask me for an upgrade to 1.9 so I figure couldn’t hurt to downgrade further and voila! Everything is now crystal clear and no more red and free flashing lights!! Thank you again man!!!
2017-12-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

fansabec300f Posted at 2017-12-2 09:09
Sky guy, you are a genius! Been so frustrated with my standard P4 not being able to upgrade the firmware. Numerous calls to DJI and they said their developers working to correct the problem. Surprised they didn’t offer this solution. I spent eight hours trying to figure a work around and came upon this post. Only difference for me was that I downgraded all the way down to 1.5.  I tried 1.6 but it didn’t ask me for an upgrade to 1.9 so I figure couldn’t hurt to downgrade further and voila! Everything is now crystal clear and no more red and free flashing lights!! Thank you again man!!!

Nice to hear tHat  !! Enjoy & Fly Safe
2017-12-2
Use props
Ansonnn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19734 ft
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-1 01:39
Same problem here with my P4 Standard, so it might just work for the P3P just don't use the "GO 4 App" instead the DJI Go 3 app and these steps. This is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)

Did everything like you said and was a complete success. Haven’t flown it yet but if you get a chance, let me know if her maiden flight was all good. Many thanks
2017-12-2
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes, maiden was a success, video film footage amazing. However video signal strength seem very low, and I get a message to this effect in flight in a rural location. That said no Red/Green RC link issues
2017-12-2
Use props
Heggood
New
United States

I wanted to add this in case anyone runs into this problem, as my fix was done differently.

ISSUE: Video feed on tablet/ phone was unusable (I only had about a 1/4 of the feed on screen and even it was very choppie and was going in and out) after updating firmware on Phantom 4 along with red and green flashing light on remote. I tried to update the remote software with my ipad pro 9.7 as it was my usual flying device but when going through the update procedure it said latest firmware and everything was good.

SOLUTION: I switch my device from my ipad pro running IOS to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running android and my first attempt at updating the remote, it immediately recognized that the firmware needed a update, so I proceeded with the update and everything went fine and the video feed is now back to normal on my phone and my ipad. I have no idea why IOS and / or my ipad didnt recognize that it needed a update but that was my problem. I was worried my camera crapped out on me so I'm happy this is resolved!
2017-12-4
Use props
Aceskace
New
Flight distance : 8087 ft
Indonesia

Skyguy17 u are king!
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_6JpZ0zD
New

Botswana

My story and problems are exactly the same as Blakemore777
2017-12-16
Use props
fansedbc10ac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Skyguy17 I will second you are a genius.  I spent 4 days trying to find a solution and this took care of it.Thank you
2017-12-17
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansedbc10ac Posted at 2017-12-17 06:09
Skyguy17 I will second you are a genius.  I spent 4 days trying to find a solution and this took care of it.Thank you

Your welcome
2017-12-17
Use props
Inspire315
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478875 ft

Literally just logged into the forum to say thank you for the instructions. This helped my gimpy Inspire come back to life!
2019-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules