o(^-^)o
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All.
I went out today to get some videos in 19020X1080 at 30 FPS
And I was suprise coming back home and editing the videos that I had two files both in 1080P one was  01 minutes and 41 secs and consumed close to half a Gig.
The other one 14 minutes long was weighing in at 4.09 G.
Isn't this a little bit heavy? Checking it with File Explorer in windows in the Details tab the Data Rate and Total Bitrate for the first one was 40082klbps and 39968kbbps for the
second one.
Actually the second one was incomplet, I assume because it exceeded the 4G maximum size for this type of SD card format. I do not recall having received any message on my
device saying that the SD card was full. Actually I just checked now the SD Cart is a 16GB card it had 10.9GB used and 3.93GB free at the end of the outing.
I was flying with Litchi but I don't think it has anything to do with and yes I will inquire there.
I do not think that this is normal I recall having filmed more than 14 minutes of scenes at 1080p.
Does it have somethng to do in the setting.
Any of you guys have had a similare experience or have a clue on what is going on here.

Your help is always appreciated.

Thanks.

Bat

2017-6-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Video files are always split at 4GB, no matter if use Fat32 or exFat, even though exFat allows bigger files.
Nothing you can do about it.

My mp4 files are always 3.99GB large.
Filmed at 4096x2160, 30fps they are 5:27min long.
Filmed at 1920x1080, 60fps they are 6:49min.
I would think at 30fps you get double length - taking it to your 14 minutes.
2017-6-27
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-27 09:28
Video files are always split at 4GB, no matter if use Fat32 or exFat, even though exFat allows bigger files.
Nothing you can do about it.

Hey Eric Thanks for your rapid response.
So from what you are writing we are in the same ball park. I thought I was alone with this.
I like long scenes, I guess it's a trend so I guess I will have to watch this more carefully.
But you say, 'Video files are always split at 4G' In my case there where no split. The recording stopped without advising me, (or I did not see it, and was not recording my device witch I usually do.) it did not continue in another scene, I will have to check on this.
How come I sometimes download documentaries that are in FHD around an hour long and they weight about 1.2G they most be using a different codec for the Net.
My numbers where from the file itself unprocessed.
Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you have any further comments.

Bat.

PS: You where right the camera split the files in two, I just forgot to import both, being sure that I only had on shot. Tks Again Eric.
2017-6-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I actually just checked the 1920x1080 with 30fps recording.The 3.99GB file is 9:05min long. No 14min...

I guess the motive makes a difference in length as well. When filming with mainly water/sky in the frame it should be longer.
If the motives are very complex it is shorter. Like when I filmed my complex living room just now ;-)

Or is that wrong thinking? I know images shot with the same resolution differ a lot in file size depending on image content.
2017-6-27
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-27 10:35
I actually just checked the 1920x1080 with 30fps recording.The 3.99GB file is 9:05min long. No 14min...

I guess the motive makes a difference in length as well. When filming with mainly water/sky in the frame it should be longer.

I guess scenery complexity should have anything to do with it on initial and unprocessed footage.
Doesn't only come into consideration after codec?
Do not take my affirmation for truth, I am not an expert, but at my venerable age, I am still an enthusiastic learner.
2017-6-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These are totally normal file sizes
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now