Image Transmission Weak Warning
2488 9 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

I'm a beginner with a new Spark that I've enjoyed immensely as I progress. However, I keep running into a message when the AC is 1300 ft out stating that image transmission is weak. Since I can't see the AC at that point (my vision is 20/20, but that just too far away to see) I panic and turn around for home. I've re-oriented the antennae on the RC, I've upped the distance and altitude limits and used both P mode and S mode. I'm flying in a wide open area in Southern Utah with no notable power wires in the area. I've checked and ensured I have the latest firmware and software. I'm at a loss as to what to try next.
I've watched videos of users taking the AC out as far as 6000 ft with no booster antennae so I suspect I'm doing something wrong or there's an issue with the RC or the AC.

Has somebody encountered this problem that can offer a solution. Other that this significant issue, I think the product has been great.

2017-6-27
Use props
andym91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

Hey, there! Try using an OTG cable to directly connect to the controller. Worked for me!
Found the solution here:

2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have found weak transmission goes away if in Airplane mode on my phone. Maybe you've already tried this.?
2017-6-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
United States

andym91 Posted at 2017-6-27 09:39
Hey, there! Try using an OTG cable to directly connect to the controller. Worked for me!
Found the solution here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12x-kr1UzRo

Thanks, I ordered an OTG cable this morning. I also just noticed that the wireless between the controller and my Samsung phone is at 2.4 gHz, but when I connect the AC to the RC that connection is 5.8. I've wondered if that somehow reduces signal strength.
2017-6-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-27 10:40
I have found weak transmission goes away if in Airplane mode on my phone. Maybe you've already tried this.?

I haven't but will as soon as my batteries recharge. Thanks for the suggestion.
2017-6-27
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

If anyone has these http://amzn.to/2seO8kI please let me know how you get on, I want to know if they are a waist of money or not
2017-6-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-27 10:40

I tried turning the phone (Galaxy S5) to airplane mode and still received a message about low image transmission strength at about 1300 ft distance. However, instead of panicking and heading home I continued on the same heading until I reached 2000 ft distance. The warning flashed on and off, but I never lost the visual image. I suspect there are intermittent dead zones that give rise to the warning, but probably not really a problem. I'll continue to push out until I establish a limit, but I doubt I really have need to go more than 2000 ft.
2017-6-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-27 14:20
If anyone has these http://amzn.to/2seO8kI please let me know how you get on, I want to know if they are a waist of money or not

After reading your message I looked up the item on Amazon and followed that with a little research on antenna directional reflectors. The reflectors shown on Amazon look intuitively good, but the little bit of research I did persuaded me look no further. However if you go to Thingiverse.com (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2015584) you can get plans for a 3D printer and make one to try without spending much money.
2017-6-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
United States

andym91 Posted at 2017-6-27 09:39
Found the solution here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12x-kr1UzRo

I tried the OTG cable and the first time I used it I made a connection and flew the AC out over 2300 feet and then back. I lost video for a couple of brief instances but i suspect that was from interference between my phone's WiFi and the RC WiFi.
2017-6-30
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

The little reflectors work. It depends on the area but I'm in Orem Ut and I got about 25 percent more distance on my P3S. Some people get more. Some get less. I don't know that they have made any for the Spark yet. I'm sure someone will. Cheapest place to find them when they do is eBay or Amazon. Whilest distance is fun and all that. I don't like going much behind visual line of site anyway. I flew 2 miles out and back one time with my P3P on Lake Tahoe once. But then the distance thing was out of my system. So I generally tend to keep VLOS. Not trying to be drone police but in the US that's what we are supposed to be flying. I don't know if it passed but there was a drone bill in the state senate that required VLOS flight for Hobbyists.
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules