DJI Care Refresh replacement process?
6063 21 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4814507c
lvl.1
United States

I recently sent in my Mavic for replacement. Before I sent it in, I spole with a representative who told me that requesting a replacement under DJI Care Refresh (which I purchased at the same time that I bought my Mavic) wold be the quickest way of getting back a working Mavic.
I received a notice that it has been received and that I should wait while they are conducting a damage assessment.

I just spent 35 minutes with an online customer service representative who couldn't give me any information at all on the process. (I find it hard to believe that customer support is not knoweldgeable about all customer support processes.)

After hearing all kinds of horror stories about weeks and months waiting for drones to be returned, this has me very concerned. From reading anecdotes form others, this concern is apparently shared by many.

Can someone give me an idea what the true  process is for replacement under the DJI Care Refresh program? If I request replacement, what is the normal turn-around time?

This is very frustrating.
2017-6-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Can someone give me an idea what the true  process is for replacement under the DJI Care Refresh program? If I request replacement, what is the normal turn-around time?

I doubt it'll be quite as bad as the impression you've gotten. For every complaint that we see there are probably a lot more people who are satisfied with the service they've gotten. That's not to say that DJI is likely to blow your mind with outstanding service, but given the large number of drones being sold and flown and the relatively small number of complaints we see, they seem to be doing reasonably well.

Time frames vary, but the last time (recently) that I saw someone in the U.S. comment on total turnaround time they said it had been about 3 weeks for them (Europe seems to fare a little better). The thing that seems to surprise and frustrate some people is finding out that what you get back will probably be someone else's refurbished Mavic. Yes, some people do wind up getting back replacements that aren't fully functional and may even have a worse problem than the one they sent in, but again this appears to be the exception rather than the rule. And if that does happen to you, you just have to let DJI know and they'll try to make it right, though of course that means your timeline is stretched a bit longer.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how things turn out for you.
2017-6-27
Use props
TexasPhil
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-27 10:39

I doubt it'll be quite as bad as the impression you've gotten. For every complaint that we see there are probably a lot more people who are satisfied with the service they've gotten. That's to say that DJI is likely to blow your mind with outstanding service, but given the large number of drones being sold and flown and the relatively small number of complaints we see, they seem to be doing reasonably well.

Thanks for the positive encouragement. I've had positive experiences with DJI so far. The couple of minor problems were systematic communication problems on their part, but the people I spoke with were helpful until today.

I absolutely love my Mavic and may have sold a couple for the company in Peru with my glowing recommendations while flying in front of what became pretty good sized crowds including with some professional filmmakers down there. I just wish they were clearer on how the process works. I purchased DJI Care Refresh cause they advertised on their website "Get prioritized replacement units, greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air." I hope that is the case.

Thanks again!
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The drone is conducting damage assessment on first come first served basis. The process will be faster after that. May I have your case number? I will help to expedite the process and get it back for you as soon as possible.
2017-6-27
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264134 ft
United States

I opened my case on 6-10-2017 which was a Saturday. I got my shipping label that same day. I did however come Monday the 12th ship it 2nd day air. After they looked at it and all of that good stuff they shipped it out yesterday (6-27-2017) and I will have Friday 6-30-2017. So 2 1/2 weeks? I used the DJI care refresh option. I am not complaining about this time period as I think it is acceptable.
2017-6-27
Use props
TexasPhil
lvl.1
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-27 20:36
I opened my case on 6-10-2017 which was a Saturday. I got my shipping label that same day. I did however come Monday the 12th ship it 2nd day air. After they looked at it and all of that good stuff they shipped it out yesterday (6-27-2017) and I will have Friday 6-30-2017. So 2 1/2 weeks? I used the DJI care refresh option. I am not complaining about this time period as I think it is acceptable.

Thank you very much for sharing this, Grove Tuckey. That is very encouraging. I thing 2 1/2 weeks is very reasonable, too.

My biggest concern is that I've received different information (or no information) from DJI representatives so far and, combined with the many bad stories about customer service that have filled the internet for years, worry me on this first issue regarding DJI customer service.

I will say, however, that all of the interactions that I've had with actual people at DJI so far have been good and I have no doubt that their concern is to help.
2017-6-28
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

I did care refresh 6//12/2017 I paid up front if you select the right things filling out their form
I recieved it 6/23/2017
9 days excellent
Read my Post #40 in this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-99675-1-2.html
Read the whole post cause there are things you must do like writing Purchased DJI Care on the box, that makes sense cause maybe they will process it first
2017-6-28
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

double post disregard
2017-6-28
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 19:43
The drone is conducting damage assessment on first come first served basis. The process will be faster after that. May I have your case number? I will help to expedite the process and get it back for you as soon as possible.

Mindy

Please Read my Post #40 in this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-99675-1-2.html

Can you have your webmaster fix this issue. Grovetuckey ended up spending more time in the repair process cause it looks like his went through full repair process
2017-6-28
Use props
TexasPhil
lvl.1
United States

This morning I received and email saying that it had been reviewed and that I would be receiving an email invoice within 2-3 days. Actually, the invoice came within minutes including a link to pay with PayPal which I did immediately.

While it did say that it would take a day to process the payment, that is certainly reasonable.

It looks like this process has been as quick as DJI promised in their advertising for DJI Care Refresh.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me to understand the process better through this thread. I hope that it will help others as well.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

TexasPhil Posted at 2017-6-28 06:44
This morning I received and email saying that it had been reviewed and that I would be receiving an email invoice within 2-3 days. Actually, the invoice came within minutes including a link to pay with PayPal which I did immediately.

While it did say that it would take a day to process the payment, that is certainly reasonable.

Glad the process is working for you. Please fly safely and enjoy your Mavic.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-28 06:13
Mindy

Please Read my Post #40 in this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-99675-1-2.html

Have replied on another thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =page%3D2#pid848473
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We have sent you the quotation of DJI Care Refresh, we will try our best ship it out as soon as possible after the payment, thanks.
2017-6-28
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
Flight distance : 509045 ft
United States

I purchased a mavic pro from Costco it was the last one they had...

They do not plan on getting anymore of the 1st Gen mavic pros

The one purchased was defected... I had it for 5 days before dji sent me a shipping label the send it to them and they are going to send me a replacement

How long does the process take?

A dji rep told me 5 days I will have it in my hand...

But the shipping label they sent was ground and it said it will be 7 days before dji recieve the drone

So can anyone advise me on this
2018-2-8
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been through this Care Refresh process in both fashions.  The fastest way is to go online and use the EXPRESS option.  This does not require an assessment so once your drone is received a replacement is mailed out within 24 hours (at least that was my experience).  
As far as timlines go with warranty work, after speaking with customer support (5 minute hold time) I got my mailing label in 1 hour.  I mailed off the drone and  it was received in 4 days.  It did not get evaluated for 2 days.  After evaluation an invoice was sent to me with listing the problems to be corrected and that it would be covered under warranty.  The drone was sent to UPS in 2 days and was received by me in 3 days.

Care Refresh - Went online and entered the repair ticket under Care Refresh.  Selected EXPRESS as my option for replacement.  Shipping label was received in 5 minutes.  Shipped off drone and it was received by DJI after 4 days.  Received notice from DJI 1 day later of the acceptance and sending of replacement.  Recieved the replacement in 3 days.  One thing of note...unless the battery or remote are involved...do not send those items in.  Also, you will not receive your original box back if you send in the DJI original box.  So pack it in a generic box if you wish to keep your DJI box.  It will be returned in a generic box and bubble wrap.

If you do not use the EXPRESS option, it requires an evaluation, which if DJI is overloaded could slow down the whole process.

I have 5 drones from DJI with over 300 flights and have used warranty and Care Refresh.  I have found their customer service and warranty work to be pretty good.  But everyone's experience may not be like mine.  In  fact mine has been almost opposite in some regards.  On my last warranty incident, someone from DJI Customer suport called me every other day to let me know what was going on and if I had any concerns.  After about the third call I wanted to say..'My God...please leave me alone'!?!?  But I kept quiet knowing they were just trying to help me out.  

In all, I will admit, the warranty work with assessment and invoicing does take quite a bit longer.  If you have DJI Care Refresh and just want to get a replacement....the EXPRESS option is the best way to go.
2018-2-8
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

Well this is a situation where i purchased a defective product so they are going to send me a new one wothout using my care refresh.. it was defected out of the box where the vision sensor didnt work
2018-2-8
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

The rep told me it was a 5 day process 5 days total but the shippkng label they sent said it was 7 days before they get the defective drone
2018-2-8
Use props
fansbe44a080
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51014 ft
Portugal

Hey there!

I thought to share my experience from Europe since it was what brought me here looking for some answers and this thread seems to be only with experiences from our friends on the other side of the pound...

I’ve crashed my Mavic due to a low hanging telephone cable that I didn’t saw (it was literally in front of my f***ing face
2018-2-12
Use props
fansbe44a080
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51014 ft
Portugal

Hey there!

I thought to share my experience from Europe since it was what brought me here looking for some answers and this thread seems to be only with experiences from our friends on the other side of the pound...

I’ve crashed my Mavic due to a low hanging telephone cable that I didn’t saw (it was literally in front of my f***ing face)  and broke 3 propellers, 1 arm and the gimbal assembly, luck me, first crash in the second week owning it and it’s totaled....

So I activated Care Refresh on 10th of February and since it was a Saturday, I got a reply today Monday 12th morning with a UPS shipping Label to be shipped to the Netherlands (I’m from Portugal BTW). Called UPS to book pickup and literally 5 min later I have the UPS driver knocking on my door, I didn’t even had enough time to pack the drone, lol...

Now I wait, I will keep you guys updated on the progress, I just hope that I have the drone back next week, but since Europe is going through Carnival festivities season, I don’t know how it will affect the shipping times...

Anyone here with experience from DJI Care in Europe?

Cheers!
2018-2-12
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

My experience with DJI has been the worst. I thought they would have excellent customer service but I found out that is not the case.
I purchased a defected mavic pro they gave me a hard time trying to make me send it in for a repair. I refused to do a repair due to having the drone for only 3 days.

Then they tried to convince me to buy one from them. Finally I was told that since there was a defect and I only had 3 days they would replace it and the ENTIRE REPLACEMENT PROCESS WOULD ONLY TAKE 5 DAY.

ME: 5 days!!! Really are you sure
Dji: yes

Me: so I will have a replacement drone in my hand in 5 days once shipped

Dji yes

Well the sent me a 7 Day shipping g label

They finally got the drone and they have had it now 4 days

They also told me to call them when they recieve the drone to get expedited shipping because I was eligible but whennI card they then told me it was a few day process before they send me a replacement and that they would request expedited shipping.

Then I spoke with a supervisor and she told me she would over night it...
3 days has passed and it hasn't been shipped yet.

I paid 1000 dollars for a drone I can't use because it was defective.

I even offered to pay for expedited shipping myself
2018-2-16
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

Their customer service is horrific

I love their drones but customer service is key...

I hope Autel can deliver a great product because I can't see going through this with DJI
.. Their drones are to expensive..

If I purchase a defective drone then they should be send express labels at least instead of making the customer suffer for their faults
2018-2-16
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

https://enchat.djiservice.org/visitor/dji/chat.html?companyId=26&echatTag=onlinesales&lan=en
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules