Phantom 3 Standard - Firmware - Is it a must?
2421 7 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lowspark420
lvl.1
United States

I am a newbie to the drone world (other than flying cheap plastic drones in my past). I've only had my drone for a few weeks, but I LOVE it. I am not overly tech savy...I've noticed on the app on my phone the firmware update notice. Is this required to do? What happens if I don't do the update? I'm also a little confused of exactly how to do it. All I have been doing with my drone far are practice test flights and taking pictures/video. I've only taken it up to 400' and I have gotten it moving to about 25mph.

Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks in advance...
2017-6-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"What happens if I don't do the update? "
You keep flying just like you did yesterday.
2017-6-27
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

You will get alot more replies but I keep hearing about problems after the download.
Personally, I am going to keep flying without the update until I hear good things.
2017-6-27
Use props
fanscba0e5b3
New
United States

update sucks I can't change my altitude.dont have all the numbers on the screen to change it. stuck at 120m . plus I'm always getting a compass error
2017-6-27
Use props
Lowspark420
lvl.1
United States

Well prior to reading any of these replies and doing further reading on the forum I realized I could do the FW update directly from my wifi and the DJI app...it took about 10 minutes, no issues and did a flight shortly after and all seemed fine...
2017-6-27
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

Lowspark420 Posted at 2017-6-27 17:35
Well prior to reading any of these replies and doing further reading on the forum I realized I could do the FW update directly from my wifi and the DJI app...it took about 10 minutes, no issues and did a flight shortly after and all seemed fine...

I did the update over the weekend, no issues at all. You must resign in to the DJI Go app with your user name and password. If you don't then you will be flight restricted. So Do the updates where you have normal wifi, then you can sign in that unlocks the restrictions. Then go out an fly.
2017-6-28
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Germany

I always update to whatever latest firmware is available. And though I occasionally run into hiccups doing the update, it always fixes itself after repeating the process. More importantly, I have had none of the issues that a lot of people seems to be experiencing. My P3S has flown as well as it did out of the box.
2017-6-28
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-6-27 15:35
You will get alot more replies but I keep hearing about problems after the download.
Personally, I am going to keep flying without the update until I hear good things.

I'll tell you this I've had my fan without a year I've updated about 3 or 4 times and I will tell you sometimes the updates make it worse and I finally got it going with the one before the current perfectly like an idiot I updated now I have lack of range and really choppy video I flew it before the update and after in the same spot and noticed the difference right away when I get time I'm going to downgrade back to what I had and if it works I'm staying,
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules