Android USB issues
1539 6 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Very disappointed. My P4P RC (v 01.04.01.00) causes the attached Android tablet to go into the USB charging configuration. This true on two different Android devices. If i change the USB Configuration to the proper MTP Configuration, it kills the DJI Go 4 app. When I restart the app, it won't reconnect.

I fly with a friend who uses a iPad mini. He didn't have the issue. Seem like DJI continues to leave the Android folks out in the cold.

Would appreciate any help from anyone. I'm pretty frustrated.

Thanks!
2017-6-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Im confused, what exactly is the problem? I use an Android device and an ios device. The iphone 6 does not charge off the controller, true enough. The Android device does charge but it doesnt cause me any issues. It starts charging, mine starts the app automatically but thats just an option in the android settings that I chose. The app starts and everything is fine. Sometimes I have to unplug it and plug it back in but it always works. I dont think DJI is purposly leaving anybody in the cold. Im sure that DJI would love for their app to work properly on every devise made but thats just not realistic. For starters a lot of tablets dont have the processing power to efficiently run the go app. You can install it on a machine that may run it just because it may have a recent version of android but it still wont run it without problems. If an ios device cant properly run it then you cant install it and all new ios devises have plenty of ass to run it. All new androids dont. Dont believe me, buy you a new Amazon tablet and give it a shot. Apple only makes so many different devises. Its basically all the same hardware. There are maybe 10 or so ios devises that support the go app at any time. The iphone 5 was recently taken out of the loop. It wont support the new go4 app so as new devises come out older devises drop off. As a result there are very few ios models that they have to design perfect software for. How many different android devises are on the market at any one time? Hundreds if not thousands. They could not possibly create drivers and software that is compatible with every android devise, its just not possible.
2017-6-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe it's an issue with your device (what is it and what version of Android?).  I have two different Android tablets and both work flawlessly and don't behave the way you describe.
2017-6-27
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

I used my Galaxy S8 since it released & never had issue. Actually that surprised me, i always thought 6.0 is more stable than Nougat (7.0) but i was wrong

Edit: And indeed, the thing you describe is known for some Android users. It mostly was crashing for many, because they had residual files form the standard DJI go app.
2017-6-28
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-27 19:22
Im confused, what exactly is the problem? I use an Android device and an ios device. The iphone 6 does not charge off the controller, true enough. The Android device does charge but it doesnt cause me any issues. It starts charging, mine starts the app automatically but thats just an option in the android settings that I chose. The app starts and everything is fine. Sometimes I have to unplug it and plug it back in but it always works. I dont think DJI is purposly leaving anybody in the cold. Im sure that DJI would love for their app to work properly on every devise made but thats just not realistic. For starters a lot of tablets dont have the processing power to efficiently run the go app. You can install it on a machine that may run it just because it may have a recent version of android but it still wont run it without problems. If an ios device cant properly run it then you cant install it and all new ios devises have plenty of ass to run it. All new androids dont. Dont believe me, buy you a new Amazon tablet and give it a shot. Apple only makes so many different devises. Its basically all the same hardware. There are maybe 10 or so ios devises that support the go app at any time. The iphone 5 was recently taken out of the loop. It wont support the new go4 app so as new devises come out older devises drop off. As a result there are very few ios models that they have to design perfect software for. How many different android devises are on the market at any one time? Hundreds if not thousands. They could not possibly create drivers and software that is compatible with every android devise, its just not possible.

I think that it may be more than just the amount of "ass" for some android devices. I bet the hardware of DJI's own built in remote control screen thingy is not very ass worthy. Lots of massaging is required in addition to the power IMO. It's a miracle any of it works when you actually think about how much is really going on all at the same time. I do wish they (DJI) would update the requirements every now and again to at least tell us what WON'T work.
2017-6-28
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Are you using the supplied cable? I tried to use a third party cable that was shorter and had all kinds of issues like this. Once I swapped back to the factory DJI USB cable all issues went away.
2017-6-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-28 10:09
I think that it may be more than just the amount of "ass" for some android devices. I bet the hardware of DJI's own built in remote control screen thingy is not very ass worthy. Lots of massaging is required in addition to the power IMO. It's a miracle any of it works when you actually think about how much is really going on all at the same time. I do wish they (DJI) would update the requirements every now and again to at least tell us what WON'T work.

No its not all about processing power. Building drivers for every devise operating in every conceivable configuration is mostly the problem but lack of processing power often crashes the app.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules