Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Temporary Hong Kong Flight Restriction Notice
12Next >
7997 59 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hong Kong's Civil Aviation Department will implement a temporary Restricted Flying Zone from 9 AM on June 29 to 6 PM July 1 covering the Western and Eastern areas of Victoria Harbour, the northern portion of Hong Kong Island, and the coastal area of Kowloon Peninsula. All aircraft are not permitted to enter the Restricted Flying Zone, except for GFS (Government Flying Service) flights with the prior approval of Hong Kong Police. Please fly with caution.

2017-6-27
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

With all due respect DJI, you are playing with fire.  You are not responsible for public announcements or safety/restriction announcements.   You don't see car manufacturers informing owners where and when they can/cannot drive.  
2017-6-27
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

One word DJI

WHY?
2017-6-27
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Only 3 days, cool.
2017-6-27
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

maybe its showing up early
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-27 20:28
With all due respect DJI, you are playing with fire.  You are not responsible for public announcements or safety/restriction announcements.   You don't see car manufacturers informing owners where and when they can/cannot drive.

Playing with fire????? Are you kidding?http://www.ais.gov.hk/HK_AIP/supp/C01-17.pdf
2017-6-28
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

It's nice that DJI is letting us know this.
There is a generally accepted principle "Not knowing the law does not relieve responsibility".
It's always that way that You must know the law and rules and when You don't know these then it's Your problem.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

way wrong Posted at 2017-6-28 02:32
It's nice that DJI is letting us know this.
There is a generally accepted principle "Not knowing the law does not relieve responsibility".
It's always that way that You must know the law and rules and when You don't know these then it's Your problem.

this is the age old roman principle "Ignorantia juris non fit excusatio"...
2017-6-28
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 02:52
this is the age old roman principle "Ignorantia juris non fit excusatio"...

Yes, you got it right!
2017-6-28
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

No flying of kites..... Wow...
2017-6-28
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Glad to see "Crazy" has officially blanketed the entire earth!  Personally, I think all those who feel compelled to tell others what to do or not to do, where to go or where to not go, how to live and when to die, just need to find someplace to be alone and work out all of life's frustrations in private and fully locked up away from everyone else.
2017-6-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji is very much like apple in the way they try to control there devices after someone has already paid in full. I bought it, it's now mine and I will do with it as I please
2017-6-28
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recent DJI updates made references to real time No FLy Zones.  This may be an advanced warning for an area that might be included in one of those...maybe...
2017-6-28
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-28 07:15
Dji is very much like apple in the way they try to control there devices after someone has already paid in full. I bought it, it's now mine and I will do with it as I please

The hardware is yours, but the flight software on it is only licensed to you to use. You can remove DJI's flight software on your copters and write your own software, then the bird is wholly yours. Then there is that company in Russia. Wink, wink.
2017-6-28
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

OMG there are so many haters out there..
The Hong Kong's CAD, may be doing it for the of security of the public (just like lots of authorities would do).
DJI are just letting you good folks know.. (though you should be checking yourself).  They are just being thoughtful/helpful.

"Dji is very much like apple in the way they try to control there devices after someone has already paid in full. I bought it, it's now mine and I will do with it as I please"
Well no, you can't... just like a real aircraft, though those pilots are normally sensible.  I appreciate your frustration, however "I will do with it as I please" is not a real world solution, it's anarchy that results in innocent people/children getting hurt.

Madness..

Thanks DJI for sharing... :-)
2017-6-28
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont like it, either way.... Not a fan...
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Oh please, for all the lovers out there DJI is doing this because the Chinese president is visiting HK.  That is the ONLY reason.  They have been ordered to do it.  Welcome to the PRC.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-ko ... tactics-xi-jinpings
2017-6-28
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Rational people accept rational ideas and rational actions, usually with little to no complaints, or even regard.  Where there IS a problem for most people though, is being TOLD what to do and TOLD what not to do.  Mix in a bit of DO IT THIS WAY or pay the price, usually will not fly very far before it gets swatted down -- And rightly so.  Each and every one of us has a right to choose everything in their life.  Makes little difference if someone else, any one else, or even EVERYONE else says NO,YOU CAN'T DO THAT.  The deciding factor in paying a price for choosing your own way, should only be if you do something to hurt or harm others.  If not, you did noting wrong.  I've live my life this way close to 70 years now, and so far it has worked really well.  

-Rodger
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-28 09:41
Oh please, for all the lovers out there DJI is doing this because the Chinese president is visiting HK.  That is the ONLY reason.  They have been ordered to do it.  Welcome to the PRC.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-crime/article/2099900/vip-protection-squad-adopts-anti-terror-tactics-xi-jinpings

What is DJI doing? sharing the highlights of a document issued by  

HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SERVICE
AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT DIVISION
CIVIL AVIATION DEPARTMENT
HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

namely  an "ESTABLISHMENT OF TEMPORARY RESTRICTED FLYING ZONE (RFZ)"

There are similar documents issued by American Airports (or FAA, whatever) whenever an American President flies to an airport anywhere in the US... They even ground all airplanes already on the ground and redirect those inbound...
2017-6-28
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

DJI, thanks for passing along a TFR that others might miss. Better safe than sorry.
2017-6-28
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-28 07:02
Glad to see "Crazy" has officially blanketed the entire earth!  Personally, I think all those who feel compelled to tell others what to do or not to do, where to go or where to not go, how to live and when to die, just need to find someplace to be alone and work out all of life's frustrations in private and fully locked up away from everyone else.

DJI is simply posting information about a TFR as a service to forum members, especially in light of recent incidents like what happened Chengdu airport in April.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-6-28 11:31
DJI is simply posting information about a TFR as a service to forum members, especially in light of recent incidents like what happened Chengdu airport in April.

http://www.caixinglobal.com/2017-04-24/101082453.html
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Do you think we're going to see similar posts from DJI for warnings about presidential visits in other countries for other presidents?  No.  This is just for the Chinese president.  If they are going to now publish these announcements for global temporary NFZ due to VIP visits then sobeit.  What I cannot abide though is DJI being the PRC mouthpiece.
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 10:47
What is DJI doing? sharing the highlights of a document issued by  

HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION

It's not about that though is it.  Perhaps you should visit Hong Kong to understand what's happening right now.  It's about this:  http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world ... protesters-arrested

And DJI being a Chinese company are acting as a PRC mouthpiece.
2017-6-28
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Well, this is DJI's website and for that reason alone, they can post whatever they are pleased to post.  Any who do not like that, have the freedom to leave.  My posts in this matter were to express a different viewpoint then DJI and the Chinese Government have in matters concerning personal rights and privilege.  As an American Citizen, I am little concerned with what the Chinese Government decides to do or not do, unless it somehow has an effect me, mine ours in this country I call home.  There really is very little I could do if I did have concerns.  But, I can voice an opinion, even here on this forum.  DJI can do whatever DJI chooses with my posts and  my opinion on this website, but I really don't think it matters much to DJI and most likely to anyone else for that matter.  But, it matters to me and that's about all that counts in the purest of terms I'd have to believe.  The fact that a power can tell people what and what not to do, simply on a whim, is the ideal here that I question.  I fully understand security and measures that might be taken in matters such as this, but I also understand abuse of power, which I do believe is mostly what is at work here.  Fear is a strange motivator, so much so, the Chinese Government fears kites it seems.  This is not rational, but a show of insanity, which IS a trademark of the Chinese Government in many ways.  To somehow accept crazy as normal is the real problem here, and all over this planet.  If everyone decided today, crazy is bad, sanity is good, this world would change, and change for the better, much better.  So, you see, there are reason people speak out at times, for no apparent reason.  But, if you ask, you may see there is reason enough to them to speak out.  Hope you understand and are in no way offended by my remarks.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-28 12:11
It's not about that though is it.  Perhaps you should visit Hong Kong to understand what's happening right now.  It's about this:  http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-40437937/hong-kong-anniversary-pro-democracy-protesters-arrested

And DJI being a Chinese company are acting as a PRC mouthpiece.

and by buying their drones and other products you are financing/supporting the PRC...    -and the AIP Supplement C01/17 was released on 22 June 2017.
2017-6-28
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 12:18
and by buying their drones and other products you are financing/supporting the PRC...

By buying their drones, I am using my money for my purpose, not yours, theirs, or anyone else's.  Freedom to choose, freedom to reject, solely based on my personal agenda, desire, and beliefs.

I like that for me.  I would like it even more for everyone else.

-Rodger
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 12:18
and by buying their drones and other products you are financing/supporting the PRC...

Absolutely.  And?

The timing of the DJI Go app restrictions and new temp NFZs always did seem a bit strange.  Well now it's pretty clear.  DJI rushed it through for the handover anniversary.  It's pretty obvious.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-28 12:13
Well, this is DJI's website and for that reason alone, they can post whatever they are pleased to post.  Any who do not like that, have the freedom to leave.  My posts in this matter were to express a different viewpoint then DJI and the Chinese Government have in matters concerning personal rights and privilege.  As an American Citizen, I am little concerned with what the Chinese Government decides to do or not do, unless it somehow has an effect me, mine ours in this country I call home.  There really is very little I could do if I did have concerns.  But, I can voice an opinion, even here on this forum.  DJI can do whatever DJI chooses with my posts and  my opinion on this website, but I really don't think it matters much to DJI and most likely to anyone else for that matter.  But, it matters to me and that's about all that counts in the purest of terms I'd have to believe.  The fact that a power can tell people what and what not to do, simply on a whim, is the ideal here that I question.  I fully understand security and measures that might be taken in matters such as this, but I also understand abuse of power, which I do believe is mostly what is at work here.  Fear is a strange motivator, so much so, the Chinese Government fears kites it seems.  This is not rational, but a show of insanity, which IS a trademark of the Chinese Government in many ways.  To somehow accept crazy as normal is the real problem here, and all over this planet.  If everyone decided today, crazy is bad, sanity is good, this world would change, and change for the better, much better.  So, you see, there are reason people speak out at times, for no apparent reason.  But, if you ask, you may see there is reason enough to them to speak out.  Hope you understand and are in no way offended by my remarks.

I certainly am not offended by your remarks. They are yours, and your thoughts and experience about drones have the same right as anybody elses to be voiced here.  
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-28 12:19
Absolutely.  And?

The timing of the DJI Go app restrictions and new temp NFZs always did seem a bit strange.  Well now it's pretty clear.  DJI rushed it through for the handover anniversary.  It's pretty obvious.

And? has this become a political forum?
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 12:37

It did when DJI posted that announcement.  You obviously do not like anyone who stands up for something.  That's your call.  I respect that.  But having lived in HK and China and seeing what goes on I object to DJI forcing policy down our throats.
2017-6-28
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 12:37

Political topic is more accurate I'd say.  One started by DJI themselves, at least in many of our views here I'd bet.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-28 12:42
It did when DJI posted that announcement.  You obviously do not like anyone who stands up for something.  That's your call.  I respect that.  But having lived in HK and China and seeing what goes on I object to DJI forcing policy down our throats.

Well, that is your view and you are entitled to it, but don't make assumptions on others' likings or unlikes. I don't see anything political in posting a notice and you do. OK. Each of us has the same right to their own opinions. I'm not going to post anything more on this thread because it isn't about drones anymore and I'm here for the drones. Nothing else.
2017-6-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 13:31
Well, that is your view and you are entitled to it, but don't make assumptions on others' likings or unlikes. I don't see anything political in posting a notice and you do. OK. Each of us has the same right to their own opinions. I'm not going to post anything more on this thread because it isn't about drones anymore and I'm here for the drones. Nothing else.

No one is forcing you to engage in this thread.  And btw, the red highlight is overboard.  No assumption was made about what anyone on this board is thinking.  My message was to DJI and DJI alone.  You chose to turn this into something.
2017-6-28
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

OOHH! Flame war. {:4_154:}
2017-6-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI, thank you for providing this advice. While I'm sure that there are numerous other occasions of temporary establishment of No-Fly Zones around the world, I'm at least now aware of this one. It's all good advice for those in the affected areas, and information to be disregarded by those who aren't.
2017-6-28
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm glad DJI ist not an American company.
We would get constant warnings about TFRs when Donny Trumpel flys to Mar-a-Lago.

How about some warning for the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany next week?
It's all getting crazy here. Donny will stay at the cities guest house lest than a kilometre away from me.
Shall I fly my P4P over and take a peak? Curious how good secret service is at skeet shooting.
Would be great footage. Death of a Phantom...
2017-6-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-28 15:00
I'm glad DJI ist not an American company.
We would get constant warnings about TFRs when Donny Trumpel flys to Mar-a-Lago.

Well, I'll be flying into Hamburg in September, so I expect there'll be a TFR established specifically for that...  ;-)
2017-6-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's due to the vast numbers of Spark flying round like a plague of angry wasp's. They can't move for them.....LOL.
2017-6-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-28 14:07
No one is forcing you to engage in this thread.  And btw, the red highlight is overboard.  No assumption was made about what anyone on this board is thinking.  My message was to DJI and DJI alone.  You chose to turn this into something.

reread your post #31...  (you were answering my post) "You obviously do not like anyone who stands up for something.  That's your call.  I respect that." . Don't hide your hand after throwing the stone.
2017-6-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules