Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Temporary Hong Kong Flight Restriction Notice
7904 59 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-28 22:26
reread your post #31...  (you were answering my post) "You obviously do not like anyone who stands up for something.  That's your call.  I respect that." . Don't hide your hand after throwing the stone.

Are you feeling ok?
2017-6-28
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why the hostile posts? I don't get it. I'm a rebel at heart and hate being told what to do but this is just a notice about a flight restriction. DJI have been trying to work with the aviation authorities around the world to help us drone pilots get more chance to fly our drones. Just a quick search on youtube and you will find so many irresponsible pilots that are screwing things up for us and these are the ones that are made public, how many don't upload their fail videos!! I think its great that DJI are taking a preemptive move here by publishing this information.
2017-6-29
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-6-29 00:43
Why the hostile posts? I don't get it. I'm a rebel at heart and hate being told what to do but this is just a notice about a flight restriction. DJI have been trying to work with the aviation authorities around the world to help us drone pilots get more chance to fly our drones. Just a quick search on youtube and you will find so many irresponsible pilots that are screwing things up for us and these are the ones that are made public, how many don't upload their fail videos!! I think its great that DJI are taking a preemptive move here by publishing this information.

I actually dont get it either..

I have been very vocal about my concerns over the recent update etc.

But this is different. Its not DJI changing how we do things, its DJI enforcing a NFZ, which they do already around airports etc. They havent just decided themselves to say "right, no one can fly here".

We accept permanent NFZ's but when they implement a temporary one, and actually think ahead for once and let people know there is war?
EDIT
Question, are they even enforcing a temp NFZ?? Not that it makes any difference to me. They have taken the time to say your not meant to fly here because they are aware of it. They cant be expected to know every NFZ.
2017-6-29
Use props
15matjan
Captain
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Peru

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-27 20:28
With all due respect DJI, you are playing with fire.  You are not responsible for public announcements or safety/restriction announcements.   You don't see car manufacturers informing owners where and when they can/cannot drive.

@anthonyb
Dear anthonyb, I don't think when a trafic cop stops you on a road and tells you that road will be closed for the following 3 days you dare not to obey.

Thanks DJI for sharing.Keep implementing flight controls, otherways soon there will be as many new restrictions as irresponsable pilots affecting all the others and I don't want my bird grounded because of ignorant bad guys who know nothing about aviation rules and sharing airspace.
2017-6-29
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I'm afraid I do not agree with the assertion that DJI is being helpful and informative on this particular subject.  There are a great deal of problems in HK right now and this 20th anniversary visit is being handled differently to 5 years ago where there were mass protests.  DJI has been ordered by the Chinese govt to ground drones during this visit.  Hence the DJI Go software updates being rushed through.  You will not see another "helpful" announcement from DJI regarding NFZ announcements for any country unless the Chinese president is visiting.  Having lived in HK for so long and staying in touch with the topic I just can't stomach it.  That's the last I'll say on the subject.
2017-6-29
Use props
Radioactivo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42867 ft
United States

Posting these temporary flight restrictions is an Excellent service to the local community. There is a valid reason why the Aviation Department is mandating a TFR for a particular airspace zone.
2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-29 09:32
I'm afraid I do not agree with the assertion that DJI is being helpful and informative on this particular subject.  There are a great deal of problems in HK right now and this 20th anniversary visit is being handled differently to 5 years ago where there were mass protests.  DJI has been ordered by the Chinese govt to ground drones during this visit.  Hence the DJI Go software updates being rushed through.  You will not see another "helpful" announcement from DJI regarding NFZ announcements for any country unless the Chinese president is visiting.  Having lived in HK for so long and staying in touch with the topic I just can't stomach it.  That's the last I'll say on the subject.

'DJI has been ordered by the Chinese govt to ground drones during this visit.'

It might have escaped you, but DJI has simply passed on an announcement about the TFR, they have not 'grounded' anything. Your foil hat is leaking, needs replacement.
2017-6-29
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-29 09:32

"DJI has been ordered by the Chinese govt to ground drones during this visit. "

Go back and take a look at the details of the TFR:  http://www.ais.gov.hk/HK_AIP/supp/C01-17.pdf
Particularly note the map and the area involved.

There's no evidence that DJI has been ordered to do anything
And the TFR is only for a very small part of Hong Kong centred on the harbour where celebrations are planned.
If the government wanted to ground drones, don't you think they might make the tfr cover a much greater area?
2017-6-29
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

There is an official visit of the Chinese Premier security is very tight as there is a certain amount of hostility of the younger generation.   
2017-6-30
Use props
MDNavyVet
New
United States

I use the FAA app, "B4UFLY" to see where any restrictions are in the U.S.
2017-6-30
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-27 20:28
With all due respect DJI, you are playing with fire.  You are not responsible for public announcements or safety/restriction announcements.   You don't see car manufacturers informing owners where and when they can/cannot drive.

No harm in passing the message on to HK visitors and residents.
2017-6-30
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CHINESE company is asked by the CHINESE government to post notice of a TFR in CHINA.  AND THEY DO!  What is the response from some Freedom Fighters (who by the way will not be flying in China those 3 days ANYWAY)?  Righteous indignation that DJI would have the audacity to cooperate with the Chinese government.  Really?

Because of the unique nature of our hobby that is totally dependent on legislative leniency, you'd think that we'd be applauding DJI's willingness to kiss a governmental butt-cheek once in a while to show that their pilots are conscientious, responsible adults.  These "adults" are the same ones that have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA of the governmental pressures that DJI MUST face from COUNTLESS countries, especially their own.  And the fairly young employees of this fairly young company apparently handle these pressures with efficiency and aplomb.  But if DJI is ever taken over by some of the hotheads in this thread, drones will be regulated out of every populated region on earth.
2017-6-30
Use props
Michael_Spark
New
Flight distance : 1427 ft
Hong Kong

I encounter no-fly zone in cheung sha wan (middle of Kowloon) as well. Is there an extension to the no-fly zone since this morning???
2017-6-30
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

There is the celebration of government for the day HK  turns back to China. Many officials there
2017-6-30
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Michael_Spark Posted at 2017-6-30 20:18
I encounter no-fly zone in cheung sha wan (middle of Kowloon) as well. Is there an extension to the no-fly zone since this morning???

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly  Lai Chi Kok Reception Centre

HK rtf.jpg
2017-6-30
Use props
fans616688f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312 ft
Hong Kong

I cant fly in Kwun tong today....
2017-7-1
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Needless to say the only reason for the TFR was keeping their drones out of the Chinese officials in order to not getting this hobby be further regulated. If DJI really care about safety,  I suggest you make that TFR becomes permanent no fly zone because this TFR contains so heavy helicopter traffics and have extremely high population density there. According to the legislation of Hong Kong, people should not operate drone in the country parks. If DJI care the law, please also set no fly zones for country parks as well, which means the green areas shown in the map in #55 are actually no fly zone for drones under Hong Kong 's legislation. Apparently, they totally ignore this legislation and chooe not to follow this legislation. But I guess they never will because of money. If implementation of no fly zone is helping people to adhere the local legislation, please do it completely. If you think it is always the user responsibility to adhere the local legislations, why do you set up no fly zone in first place?
2017-7-1
Use props
Viserion
lvl.1
Belgium

When does the car charger comes out for the spark
2017-7-2
Use props
Paruhdice
New

United Kingdom

I don't know why people are complaining about this. It's just DJI trying to help out?
2017-7-2
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

isaacchu Posted at 2017-7-1 17:13
Needless to say the only reason for the TFR was keeping their drones out of the Chinese officials in order to not getting this hobby be further regulated. If DJI really care about safety,  I suggest you make that TFR becomes permanent no fly zone because this TFR contains so heavy helicopter traffics and have extremely high population density there. According to the legislation of Hong Kong, people should not operate drone in the country parks. If DJI care the law, please also set no fly zones for country parks as well, which means the green areas shown in the map in #55 are actually no fly zone for drones under Hong Kong 's legislation. Apparently, they totally ignore this legislation and chooe not to follow this legislation. But I guess they never will because of money. If implementation of no fly zone is helping people to adhere the local legislation, please do it completely. If you think it is always the user responsibility to adhere the local legislations, why do you set up no fly zone in first place?

Even though the relevant link has been shared (Posts #6 by me and  #48 by Labroides, it sooks like somebody still has problems accessing, reading and understanding this TFR (Actually an RFZ). Here come the images obtained from the pdf file:
1-C01-17_Page_1.jpg
2-C01-17_Page_2.jpg
3-C01-17_Page_3.jpg
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules