2777 9 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Has anybody found a workable solution for connecting a microphone on the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus ?

Been trying to find a slimline right angled lightening to 3.5mm female headphone cable / adapter but can't seem to find anything suitable.

Any advice / sugestions more than welcome.

Thanks,

Paul.

2017-6-28
Use props
Jonnitto
New
Flight distance : 204272 ft
Austria

The same here. I searching also something like that. Best for me would be slimline right angled lightening to lightening female. So I could use my Mic96 from Apogee…
2017-6-29
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Read elsewhere that people are trying Bluetooth solutions such as the Apple AirPods and MightyMic W.  From what I've seen of the AirPods they seem to provide a reasonable audio source.
2017-7-1
Use props
Leonardclf
New
Singapore

alphacrust Posted at 2017-7-1 06:53
Read elsewhere that people are trying Bluetooth solutions such as the Apple AirPods and MightyMic W.  From what I've seen of the AirPods they seem to provide a reasonable audio source.

I got an idea

I got a setup planned for my 7 plus.

Whatever external mic eg. Rode videomic goes into a Bluetooth dongle transmitter that transmit into iPhone for audio input. Issue is if there is a suitable app for this purpose?
2017-7-18
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Leonardclf Posted at 2017-7-18 06:05
I got an idea

I got a setup planned for my 7 plus.

The Mighty Mic W provides this function.  Problem is the DJI Go app currently doesn't have any support for Bluetooth microphones.  The only app that has support is MoviePro.
2017-7-18
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

Big problem with bluetooth mics is that they delay the audio so much, there maybe lip synch problem.
2017-7-19
Use props
RoadTripLady
New
United States

ComPH Posted at 2017-7-19 01:14
Big problem with bluetooth mics is that they delay the audio so much, there maybe lip synch problem.

Thank you....I've been reading before purchasing and seen this concern listed a few times.
2017-7-22
Use props
Calidris
lvl.1
Canada

I've found a right angle Lightning plug but USB on the other end. Also a Lightning to Lightning extension but no right angle. The solution is to cut both and splice them together. I want to use my MV88 stereo mic. No point in anything that isn't stereo.
2017-7-22
Use props
Calidris
lvl.1
Canada

I whittled the plastic off of a Lightning plug to see if it could be made shorter. There's a tiny circuit board in there that adds some length. If you are using a right angle Lightning plug you could save about 1/8" by removing the rubber bumper on the side of the motor.
IMG_1179.JPG
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeanethics
lvl.1

United States

I hope someone finds a solution.. I had to start using my S7 edge with my Rode Micro setup..
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules