Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI. WHAT is the Growth value ???
12Next >
11690 57 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air5757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87552 ft
United States

Seriously, does anyone know what or how to raise your growth value. The first 2 times i flew i jumped up to 7477 points. Since then i have flown 30 or so times and well over 120,000 ft. Distance.  So can we get some solid answers to how and why ?  Oh i have synced flights every time.   
20170627_210716.jpg
2017-6-28
Use props
Air5757
lvl.2
United States

Sorry double post. Love the upside down pic.  
2017-6-28
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It's just a number that summarizes your flight time and distance, though as far as I know the specific algorithm used to derive it has never been explained.
2017-6-28
Use props
Air5757
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-28 05:57
It's just a number that summarizes your flight time and distance, though as far as I know the specific algorithm used to derive it has never been explained.

Exactly, that is  what i want to be explained. I want to see how to raise it etc....
2017-6-28
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489554 ft
Colombia

For some reason it is not working properly for me. I am using it on my Nvidia Shield tablet and HTC M8, and my GOV is stuck at 90.000 points without ever get higher of that despite all the flights I did.
I tried countless times syncing the flight records, reinstalling, etc. Nothing. Any advices?
2017-7-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Why does it matter
2017-7-1
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Jenkins Posted at 2017-7-1 23:01
Why does it matter

Why it doesn't?
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Because there's no material implication. It cant be redeemed for cash, and there are easier ways to improve one's self esteem
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-1 18:43
For some reason it is not working properly for me. I am using it on my Nvidia Shield tablet and HTC M8, and my GOV is stuck at 90.000 points without ever get higher of that despite all the flights I did.
I tried countless times syncing the flight records, reinstalling, etc. Nothing. Any advices?

Are records showing up from your new flights, and are those flights being performed using the same DJI Go app that you're using to display Growth of Value?
2017-7-2
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-2 04:24

Are records showing up from your new flights, and are those flights being performed using the same DJI Go app that you're using to display Growth of Value?

Yes. New and old records are appearing, and it's the same DJI GO App and the same drone.
2017-7-2
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-2 04:15
Because there's no material implication. It cant be redeemed for cash, and there are easier ways to improve one's self esteem

Why would you expect cash out of it? This feature just should work because it's there. On previous releases the app display the "rank", like Rooky Pilot,etc,not just the value and the level. It's DJI Go developers that are lazy enough to put more value on this App if they are intended to make this a "Social app" like Skypixel (Which by the way,works terrible): They could add a trophy system like thos for Playstation and Xbox,what do i know? Like fly over this or near this area, and have a trophy.
Anyway.
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-2 07:53
Why would you expect cash out of it? This feature just should work because it's there. On previous releases the app display the "rank", like Rooky Pilot,etc,not just the value and the level. It's DJI Go developers that are lazy enough to put more value on this App if they are intended to make this a "Social app" like Skypixel (Which by the way,works terrible): They could add a trophy system like thos for Playstation and Xbox,what do i know? Like fly over this or near this area, and have a trophy.
Anyway.

Exactly! Get out there, have fun, take some great pics/videos, and stop caring about points ;)
2017-7-2
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-2 09:15
Exactly! Get out there, have fun, take some great pics/videos, and stop caring about points ;)

You're right but,dang, it's really frustrating to have this App working like trash.
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-2 09:48
You're right but,dang, it's really frustrating to have this App working like trash.

That's the thing, really. I'm not sure if is really is as bad. While most people come to this forum because they have a problem with the products they purchase, I can't say I've had it as bad as some folks here have. I do pop in to try to help since I frequent the DJI facebook support groups, and sometimes find the answers to questions there and pass the solutions back in here to see if it becomes a workable solution here (and vice versa)

Anyway, far as I'm concerned, the Growth Value is like Whose Line Is It Anyway - where everything's made up and the points don't matter
2017-7-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-2 07:53
Anyway.

for some, like me, it is part of the game to collect points and track my progress.
i agree - the feature should work because it is there.
Mine also does not work despite loads of flying and regular syncing.
If they did not offer it, it wld not bug me but that they do and that it does not work and that not working takes up so much of my time trying to resolve, is frustrating.
I try to resolve because i like dji and skypixel and wld like to remain loyal to them - but eventually if it is taking too much time then i will have to move on to another platform.
i do think though and really hope i am right that dji are working on the issues because it is obviously a problem that affects many (who care about if it works) and will resolve in due course.

2017-7-2
Use props
oscar-dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Who cares - You can have mine points for free - how can I transfer them
2017-7-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

because if they are not there then they would not matter.
2017-7-2
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

oscar-dk Posted at 2017-7-2 14:43
Who cares - You can have mine points for free - how can I transfer them

We don't need your 100 points. Keep them, please.
2017-7-2
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-2 12:04
for some, like me, it is part of the game to collect points and track my progress.
i agree - the feature should work because it is there.
Mine also does not work despite loads of flying and regular syncing.

Exactly, i wouldn't even care if that is not there, but it is! So, why i have to accept that it doesn't work? Is there anything else that doesn't work and i should have to worry? What about if the whole metrics are wrong and i don't know. It should work, we are literally paying a lot of money for this buggy app regardless the platform.
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-2 16:00
Exactly, i wouldn't even care if that is not there, but it is! So, why i have to accept that it doesn't work? Is there anything else that doesn't work and i should have to worry? What about if the whole metrics are wrong and i don't know. It should work, we are literally paying a lot of money for this buggy app regardless the platform.

it works, we just don't know how they calculate it
2017-7-3
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Question - would the fact that the GV makes no sense to you (or to me, honestly) give you enough reason to sell your drone and switch to another brand out there right now?

not being snarky, just curious
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Buggy App"?   How does this portion of the DJI Go App affect the performance of your drone?  As others have stated, "I could care less whether or not it was even there".  I actually forgot about it until I read this thread.
2017-7-3
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Hy Guys,

I will tell you what I do believe about the motivation of this thread:
Everyone has his rights and his preferences. There is no right and wrong. Just what is important for each one of us and that is not more important than anyone else preferences. And it is very annoying to read that your opinion or preference, or doubt is not “The Thing” or is not the way you say.
What Air5757 and CM17X just want is to know the meaning of a tools that exists and so this has a purpose.
As said: it is like achievements on consoles.
It is a cool stuff.
If DJI implement it, should function.
This has nothing to do with the pleasure of flight. Just something one can care about.
It is very common to see on forums people trying to be more than everybody despite of being gentle and kind and helping each other.
I am not here to defend anyone. I am just saying we are all pilots and despite of our race, nationality, beliefs, we could be better with companions.
Cheers,
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:19
it works, we just don't know how they calculate it

Is not about how they calculate it,it just don't wotk on my app. After many flights,i still have the same GOV, not a single number change or level. The app is bugged on my device. Even reinstalling and making sure there is not a single DJI reference on the system can achieve a properly working state.
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:47
Question - would the fact that the GV makes no sense to you (or to me, honestly) give you enough reason to sell your drone and switch to another brand out there right now?

Not at all, man, this is a software issue at the end of the Android/ Maybe iOS developers that have "nothing" o do with the aircraft, unless that this buggy app makes my drone get crazy on the air.
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 03:58
"Buggy App"?   How does this portion of the DJI Go App affect the performance of your drone?  As others have stated, "I could care less whether or not it was even there".  I actually forgot about it until I read this thread.

It's a buggy app even if you care or not about the GOV. It's just TERRIBLE programmed. Is not only me, go check Google Reviews. As i stated before,the Aircraft works perfectly, but i really feel this DJI GO APP is untrustworthy: App crashes, problems updating, simple features that doesn't work properly or consistently like GOV etc. And no,i don't have a cheap device, i have an nvidia shield tablet which is merely use for this.
2017-7-3
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Why do you care?
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-7-3 04:43
Why do you care?

It is working properly for you?
2017-7-3
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I assume it's working for me, although I keep tabs on the distance and time rather than the growth value, but it seems to have increased. iOS here though.
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-3 04:35
It's a buggy app even if you care or not about the GOV. It's just TERRIBLE programmed. Is not only me, go check Google Reviews. As i stated before,the Aircraft works perfectly, but i really feel this DJI GO APP is untrustworthy: App crashes, problems updating, simple features that doesn't work properly or consistently like GOV etc. And no,i don't have a cheap device, i have an nvidia shield tablet which is merely use for this.

NVIDIA Shield = Android OS, thus known issues with GO App.  Though, most typically cite issues surrounding performance (i.e. flight, video, etc.).  Also, like the others have said; "no on has any clue as to how the Growth Value is calculated".
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 05:06
NVIDIA Shield = Android OS, thus known issues with GO App.  Though, most typically cite issues surrounding performance (i.e. flight, video, etc.).  Also, like the others have said; "no on has any clue as to how the Growth Value is calculated".

Others had say many things but no a sibgle refefence of the real thing. I have zero interest to know right now how it is calculated, but the calculation actually done. My GOV (This feature tha no one asked for but it's there) is stuck and never raise up. That's the thing!
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-3 05:38
Others had say many things but no a sibgle refefence of the real thing. I have zero interest to know right now how it is calculated, but the calculation actually done. My GOV (This feature tha no one asked for but it's there) is stuck and never raise up. That's the thing!

Just to make the things clear, take a look to this. There is a folder on the DJI App (Flightrecord) which have the information about your profile onto the DJI servers, it is renovate anytime you sync/install the app or have a flight (I assume), the file is called "userinfo.json". I've tried uninstalling the app and deleting EVERYTHING about DJI, and this file is synced with my flight log anytime i hit the sync button.

If you look at this screenshot you'll see that my "Number of flight's" is 43, but the one displayed on the app is 57, my total number of flights.

QuickEdit_20170703_084933.png
Screenshot_20170703-084502~01.png
2017-7-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:47

No i would not consider moving to any other products that i am aware of. I love my mavic. I also loved my ex girlfriend.
2017-7-3
Use props
Air5757
lvl.2
United States

i understand why one would think it doenst matter, but it is interesting that is my main concern i guess.
2017-7-3
Use props
Air5757
lvl.2
United States

And as others have said.... I love flying my DJI , but they do have it as a feature on there app, as well as on here (flight distance) that is incorrect as well. It doesnt effect me flying at all, my guess is its the gamer in me always chasing the top score...  I just want to know... Ya know.
2017-7-3
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I didn't even know you could accrue points until I read this. I'd gladly give away whatever I have. I'm in my thirties now.
2017-7-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Jenkins Posted at 2017-7-3 11:21
I didn't even know you could accrue points until I read this. I'd gladly give away whatever I have. I'm in my thirties now.

Really mature from you. Have a popsicle.
2017-7-3
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ha ha,  dont worry just add it to the growing list of things that dont work,  its probably driven by some IOS or Android  P.O.S.  sorry for rant i have just come from another 20 threads showing similar trends,  actual true hardware issues are very low until you add a IOS or Android to it !   
2017-7-3
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-3 04:44
It is working properly for you?

Yes, and I still don't give a **** about it...
IMG_3332.PNG
2017-7-4
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CM17X Posted at 2017-7-3 05:38

I don't think that you'll get an answer to the "real thing", because no one knows what the heck GOV represents.  Yes, I understand that your GOV has not incremented, but once again I'd point out that you are running an Android OS on an "end of life" device (i.e. Shield).  I am not "knocking the Shield, I had use one to fly with when I 1st got my Mavic.  I'm just pointing out that its very well known that Android and DJI Go have known issues.
2017-7-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules