Should DJI to replace red 1345LS mountings free?
1446 21 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I can't fly with loose propellers.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is it possible to provide a short video for us to check? Please upload it to Dropbox and post the link here at your most convenience, thank you in advance.
2017-6-29
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-29 01:34
Is it possible to provide a short video for us to check? Please upload it to Dropbox and post the link here at your most convenience, thank you in advance.

Here You are. I use wetransfer LOOSE_RED_1345LS.zip
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-1 23:55
Here You are. I use wetransfer LOOSE_RED_1345LS.zip

Is there any cracking sound when you rotate the propeller manually? How about changing another propeller?
2017-7-3
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 03:35
Is there any cracking sound when you rotate the propeller manually? How about changing another propeller?

Both whites are ok (almost but can fly), both reds not. I temporary use washers prepared by myself
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-5 11:37
Both whites are ok (almost but can fly), both reds not. I temporary use washers prepared by myself

Is there rattle sound when your rotate the red propellers manually?
2017-7-7
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 01:25
Is there rattle sound when your rotate the red propellers manually?

Yes, they are very loose.
2017-7-14
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Newer generation props have a little foam at the bottom. You can easily and I mean easily, alleviate your problem by putting some tape at the base of the prop mounts on the aircraft side.

This said, DJI should just send all registered Inspire 2 owners who have first gen props one of those foam loaded ones to quell a common issue. This issue has been present since day 1 but most of us just live with it.
2017-7-14
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-7-14 20:21
Newer generation props have a little foam at the bottom. You can easily and I mean easily, alleviate your problem by putting some tape at the base of the prop mounts on the aircraft side.

This said, DJI should just send all registered Inspire 2 owners who have first gen props one of those foam loaded ones to quell a common issue. This issue has been present since day 1 but most of us just live with it.

Foams already applied, doesn't help. I use my homemade washers. Is it safe?  Is it ok?
2017-7-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I just did the CA Medium glue trick mentioned in another thread around the underside edge and all was well again.

Actually, my P4 blades still are a lot looser than the Inspire 2 loosest blades were.  This could be an overblown case matter, imho.
2017-7-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-15 02:03
Foams already applied, doesn't help. I use my homemade washers. Is it safe?  Is it ok?

Anything that tightens up the props works. The problem is gradual erosion of the material on the props as it gets ground down from repeated attachment and removal using the twist lock mechanism.

I think DJI will eventually modify the locking system or the prop material but its been awhile.

This mechanism is very secure so from a safety viewpoint I think we are fine. However, it is annoying and one would expect a little more from DJI.

To be honest, the V2 system from the Inspire 1 - screw down props with add on spring clip IMO is a better option than this mechanism but has the inconvenience of having to use clips and having some heavy handed users overtighten the props.

No perfect solution so I think DJI compromised here.
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-14 09:21
Yes, they are very loose.

The propellers of Inspire 1 are different from Inspire 2, if the propellers are loose and have rattle sound after inserting foam, we suggest to send in your drone and propellers to repair center for evaluation and repair for the sake of flight safety.
2017-7-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 04:12
The propellers of Inspire 1 are different from Inspire 2, if the propellers are loose and have rattle sound after inserting foam, we suggest to send in your drone and propellers to repair center for evaluation and repair for the sake of flight safety.

2-3 weks without flying, no thanks, I'd rather back my old mountings.
BTW. Why my whites props (2 pairs) are ok and reds not? Why I need to send whole set of my Inspiere to repair, why not only mountings and props?
Has Inspire 2 different whites and reds props? I think it's nonsense.Look at that:

2017-7-18
Use props
fanscf3e31a5
New
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dji are sending me no mounts and props they assure me this will cure the problem
2017-7-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 04:12

Mindy

I sent you another PM...

Thank you
Rich
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:57
Mindy

I sent you another PM...

Rich, I see, have replied.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-18 10:10
2-3 weks without flying, no thanks, I'd rather back my old mountings.
BTW. Why my whites props (2 pairs) are ok and reds not? Why I need to send whole set of my Inspiere to repair, why not only mountings and props?
Has Inspire 2 different whites and reds props? I think it's nonsense.Look at that:

We will send 2 red propellers to have a try. Would you please PM me your name, contact number, email address and location? Thank you.
2017-7-20
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 02:38
We will send 2 red propellers to have a try. Would you please PM me your name, contact number, email address and location? Thank you.

Many thanks for your help. PM sent.BTW. New 'Fix' for loose red props
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-21 07:35
Many thanks for your help. PM sent.BTW. New 'Fix' for loose red props

Thanks, we have informed local repair center to send 2 red propellers firstly to have a try. Thanks for the patience.
2017-7-23
Use props
KD7CAO
lvl.1

United States

I spoke with DJI Support about this problem at great length via E-Mail and chat. I have not heard a resolution to this, but I like the fact that the Inspire 2 fix seems to be logical. If this is so simple could DJI not just replace our loose locks? I purchased two sets from DJI directly and that would seem very easy to verify. I tried the electrical tape method which worked, but DJI told me it was a modification to the aircraft which causes issues according to my FAA COA. The foam as others reported did nothing but mask the symptoms.
2017-7-27
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 22:46
Thanks, we have informed local repair center to send 2 red propellers firstly to have a try. Thanks for the patience.

I received yet nothing.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-8-20 01:23
I received yet nothing.

I‘m so sorry for this, I have informed local team to send the propellers as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules