DJI Spark - terrible experience with DJI.
1295 17 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am reluctantly posting here in the feint hope that somebody might have an solution to the situation I find myself in.

I received my Spark fly more combo here in the UK on 16th June. Immediately I started her up, it was apparent that one of the front leds was defective, it was about a quarter the brightness of all the others. I went on DJI chat and they asked me to send it back. Obviously having only received it hours before I was reluctant to do that so soon. I had purchased Care Refresh so I thought I would either live with this defect or send it back after a few weeks.

The first couple of flights revealed that the video range was poor, complete loss of signal no further than 100m so I chatted with support a couple of times, tried everything they asked me to try but nothing made any difference.

I opened a case with DJI to have my Spark replaced on the understanding that it was brand new and that I would not receive a recycled Spark in return (which is was happened with my Mavic in March). I was told not only they could they not guarantee that but that they didn't have any Sparks in stock yet to replace mine with.

It is well documented that (I don't know if this is UK  specific issue or not) one is unable to select the frequency or channel, mine always stuck on 5.8ghz. A way was discovered using an OTG cable but it was contorted so I decided, within 7 days of receiving it, to change the case to return my Spark for a refund.

This was agreed by DJI and labels were sent to me yesterday afternoon. I decided to call DJI support on the Dutch telephone number (I hadn't realised there is also a UK number) to ask if there was a way that I could just send the Spark back for a refund and keep the combo items as the combo is still showing as delayed and the base Sparks are widely available in the UK. I was told that this was not possible, we then discussed what issues I was having and that I really didn't want to return it for a refund and I was told that Holland do now have stocks of Sparks and as it was so new to the market, the replacement would be brand new so he changed my case from a refund to a replacement. I asked what I should send back and he told me to send just the airframe, no batteries, no controller, not even props, just the Spark.

So I packaged up just the Spark and took it to my nearest UPS collection point. It was collected from there at midday today.

The service centre in Holland only reply to case comments between about 2.30pm and 4.00pm so once you are outside those hours, you can expect to wait until the next day, sometimes the day after that. So at 2.26pm today I received a message from Kevin in Holland asking me if I had changed the case from a refund to a replacement. I confirmed that to be the case and that I had returned just the Spark as instructed by the DJI rep who changed the case from a refund to a replacement. At 3.54pm today Kevin replied and told me that I need to send the whole combo kit back or it would fail the repair process. I asked if they could send me another label and I would send everything else tomorrow but DJI won't do that. I have sent a couple more messages since which I guess will get responded to until tomorrow.

I called DJI in Holland again this evening, the rep asked me to hold initially for 5 minutes while he got to the bottom of what was going on, then after another 10 minutes of waiting with no response I put the phone down.

So my Spark is winging its way to Holland and I have no idea what will happen when it arrives there. I'm guessing they will simply return it to me. I'd be happy if it got repaired but knowing that DJI tend to use a recycling process I suspect that won't happen either.

DJI chat don't seem to want to know, I was told to contact Holland discuss it with them.

Has anybody got any idea how to resurrect this issue, all I want is a working Spark as I really like the thing?

Sorry to ramble on..
2017-6-28
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your experience.  Can you provide us with the case number and we will follow up for you.
2017-6-28
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, the case number is CAS-748115-Z2Y5R0..
2017-6-28
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have escalated your case and requested that we either send you a new shipping label or just replace the Spark.  You should hear from us in the next 24-48 hours.  
2017-6-28
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, thank you so much Ed, I'm very grateful to you..

Peter.
2017-6-28
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Morning Ed,

True to your word, DJI have already been in touch this morning and will be sending me a second shipping label to enable me to return the whole combo kit to them so they can return a complete replacement.

Thanks again, I'm very grateful..
2017-6-29
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
I had to send back my P4P to Holland as the camera video recording was very poor, pixelating, freezing, jumping and turning green. It took over two weeks to get there. They sent me a message today saying it was being sent back and no thrr information. I sent them a message asking what was causing this issue, what had been carried out and had it been sorted. They said they didn't have this information and couldn't tell me anything.
I find it hard to believe they cannot tell me what was wrong and more to the point what repair was carried out. Can anyone especially a member of the Netherland DJI team.
2017-6-29
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What is your case number?
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

werkkk Posted at 2017-6-29 09:16
Hi
I had to send back my P4P to Holland as the camera video recording was very poor, pixelating, freezing, jumping and turning green. It took over two weeks to get there. They sent me a message today saying it was being sent back and no thrr information. I sent them a message asking what was causing this issue, what had been carried out and had it been sorted. They said they didn't have this information and couldn't tell me anything.
I find it hard to believe they cannot tell me what was wrong and more to the point what repair was carried out. Can anyone especially a member of the Netherland DJI team.

Please provide us your case number, so we can look into it.
2017-6-29
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 18:41
Please provide us your case number, so we can look into it.

CAS-697614-J6L0X6
2017-7-3
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have another issue after receiving my P4P back from whatever repair was carried out.
I updated the drone and the remote control but when I go into the DJI GO 4 App to connect them it says aircraft not connected. I've rebooted them several times but still they won't connect.
I contacted DJI chat line but that is one terrible service. It took the agent ages to reply to each question and he gave me the impression he didn't have a clue so after approx. 45minutes I signed off.
Please help as I have a drone that can't fly.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

werkkk Posted at 2017-7-3 12:29
I have another issue after receiving my P4P back from whatever repair was carried out.
I updated the drone and the remote control but when I go into the DJI GO 4 App to connect them it says aircraft not connected. I've rebooted them several times but still they won't connect.
I contacted DJI chat line but that is one terrible service. It took the agent ages to reply to each question and he gave me the impression he didn't have a clue so after approx. 45minutes I signed off.

May I know the indicator of RC and aircraft?  Please refer to the tutorial video to re-link the RC and aircraft:
2017-7-4
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you very much it's now linked. Why couldn't the agent on your chat site have told me that instead af mucking me about for 45 minutes. It took all of 2 minutes to link them together.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

werkkk Posted at 2017-7-4 01:00
Thank you very much it's now linked. Why couldn't the agent on your chat site have told me that instead af mucking me about for 45 minutes. It took all of 2 minutes to link them together.

I'm glad it works and sincerely apologize again for the experience with our online chat. I will transfer your concern to our management department to improve the technical skill of our support and make your experience with us better.
2017-7-5
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My P4P had to go back to DJI for repairs due to a faulty camera, jumping pixelating & freezing.
It arrived back and I updated both the P4P and the remote controller. It's a different P4P not my P4P and it's worse than my original one.
I wanted to set the video to 4K and 60fps but it only allowed me to select the maximum available of 50fps. Apparently If you use PAL you only get 50fps.
Secondly while setting up the compass calibration when I turned it on its side to turn 360 degrees the drone made a terrible grating grinding noise. Again I've never heard this before. I am reluctant to fly the drone in case it crashes.
Thirdly the video is still jumping, not as bad but still not right.
I've just received a message from DJI Support asking me to send it back yet again.
This is very frustrating to say the least please please sort it out this time so I can enjoy flying my drone!
2017-7-5
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi can you give the UK DJI Support phone number please
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

werkkk Posted at 2017-7-5 11:09
Hi can you give the UK DJI Support phone number please

I have replied on your another thread, contact number of UK: +44 2076603037  working time:Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0)

2017-7-5
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to add that DJI were totally fantastic after Ed escalated this, my brand new replacement Spark arrived with me inside of two weeks from posting the original Spark back to them, thank you Ed and DJI!
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules