Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Gimbal obstructed" error for no reason... halfway through Iceland
1582 9 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brettt
lvl.4
Iceland

This video is also titled, "Unbelievable DJI Mavic footage at Dettifoss in Iceland!!!" because... well... this is unbelievable.

It's not obstructed:

I've found a couple posts about such issues, one said the gimbal was below a holder (mine is not) and the other post had no solution and people had to return it.

I've had the Mavic since it came out and had many uneventful flights (well, some where it loses video feed). This is very weird. I haven't upgraded to the newest DJI Go app and firmware since I knew my old versions worked and I wanted to make sure it behaved predictably. This should not be the cause of the issue (unless of course DJI sabotaged the old firmware.)

If I take the Mavic into the air the camera is tilted and jitters around very erratically.

In conclusion, HELP!!! I'm in an amazing place for another week and my drone is out of commission.

2017-6-28
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

That looks like you need to speak to dji for a repair bud.....
2017-6-28
Use props
brettt
lvl.4
Iceland

Yeah I contacted support too and they gave me a crap template response with a bunch of stuff that obviously didn't work like the firmware update. I guess they make junk designed to break after a while... the DJI Mavic Pro 2 must be coming out next week.
2017-6-28
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

brettt Posted at 2017-6-28 17:05
Yeah I contacted support too and they gave me a crap template response with a bunch of stuff that obviously didn't work like the firmware update. I guess they make junk designed to break after a while... the DJI Mavic Pro 2 must be coming out next week.

I had a look on YouTube and found this It looks like the same issue so it might be best to send it in.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check whether the vibration absorbing board had mounted right. Reboot the drone and see if it disappears.
Below is the tutorial video, take a glance if it is needed. If the problem still exists, please send the drone back for repair.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

brettt Posted at 2017-6-28 17:05

As I replied above, please check and see if it works. Thank you.
2017-6-28
Use props
brettt
lvl.4
Iceland

The first video isn't working for me... but yeah I've checked the board, hooks and gimbal motion and everything is fine. I'm screwed, maybe DJI will pay for me to come to Iceland again...
2017-6-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

First of all, is your battery at 100% , lol but seriously, that sucks. Have you used your mavic more than the average joe? How many feet/meters have you flown your mavic?
2017-6-29
Use props
alejandrocif
Captain
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

I have more or less the same problem (works ok for 3 months and last week start that error), but not always. Sometimes i'm in flight and the gimbal start to behave strange. Sometimes says it's obstructed just as yours before start flying. I'm on the lastest firmware and app so is not related to this. If I discover something, I'll let you know
2017-6-29
Use props
brettt
lvl.4
United States

This might not add anything but I took a short video in the air: https://youtu.be/7aujEnVLVUQ

Happens every time...

2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules