P3P Maximum takeoff weight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone has this number for the Phantom 3 Pro? (MTOW not weight). Can't find it anywhere, did notice Inspire and Matrice manuals now do show MTOW. Thanks.
2017-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha LP,

That is because the Phantoms were not designed to carry loads.  But someone on the Forum did jury-rig a P3P to carry a beer can half a mile into a farm field to a parched and very grateful farmer once.  He even made a video of it.  12 ounces of liquid is probably the max you will reliably get in a configuration like that.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

The p3s will lift 2.5 lbs.
2017-6-28
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-28 17:12
Aloha LP,

That is because the Phantoms were not designed to carry loads.  But someone on the Forum did jury-rig a P3P to carry a beer can half a mile into a farm field to a parched and very grateful farmer once.  He even made a video of it.  12 ounces of liquid is probably the max you will reliably get in a configuration like that.

Thank you Cetacean. I completed my commercial pilot certificate while stationed with the Army in Hawaii, 1976.

Luis.
2017-6-28
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-28 19:32
The p3s will lift 2.5 lbs.

Thanks. Not planning to do any heavy lifting with the P3P, I have my I1P for that. Just hate not being able to answer that question.
So MTOW is about 4 lbs...
2017-6-28
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well back in Nov 2016 a guy sent his drone to purchase & pickup a sausage sandwich at a Bunnings sausage sizzle (http://www.theage.com.au/victori ... 0161108-gsl3q2.html)  Gee I don't know about lifting but he copped a load
2017-6-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't have the answer you are looking for either, but I agree with some of the comments that the phantom doesn't really appear to me to be made for carrying any load. I have seen some of the videos too, and are entertaining for sure, but the landing gear on these birds are not very sturdy to begin with IMO. I think you could play around a bit, but any additional weight will surely take it's toll on those dreaded cracks on the motor arms. They may have enough power to lift some extra weight, but again, the shell and landing gear are not very rigid. I wonder if the phantom 4 might be somewhat stronger because of the materials used in the body?
2017-6-29
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-29 06:20
I don't have the answer you are looking for either, but I agree with some of the comments that the phantom doesn't really appear to me to be made for carrying any load. I have seen some of the videos too, and are entertaining for sure, but the landing gear on these birds are not very sturdy to begin with IMO. I think you could play around a bit, but any additional weight will surely take it's toll on those dreaded cracks on the motor arms. They may have enough power to lift some extra weight, but again, the shell and landing gear are not very rigid. I wonder if the phantom 4 might be somewhat stronger because of the materials used in the body?

As I said before, Thanks. Not planning to do any heavy lifting with the P3P, I have my I1P for that. Just hate not being able to answer that question.
2017-6-29
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

There are lots of videos on youtube that answer this.  The aircraft can take off carrying approximately its own weight (1.3kg), but it experiences severe stability problems.  So your answer would be something between 1-1.5kg (2.2lb per kg).   MTOW is more important for those other platforms because you are adding your own cameras most of the time, and the weight limitation is a consideration.  With the smaller units like the Phantom, they aren't designed for you to carry anything substantially different than what they came with, so the figure is academic.

2017-6-29
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-6-29 10:01
There are lots of videos on youtube that answer this.  The aircraft can take off carrying approximately its own weight (1.3kg), but it experiences severe stability problems.  So your answer would be something between 1-1.5kg (2.2lb per kg).   MTOW is more important for those other platforms because you are adding your own cameras most of the time, and the weight limitation is a consideration.  With the smaller units like the Phantom, they aren't designed for you to carry anything substantially different than what they came with, so the figure is academic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zZWsWhC8s

Thank you. An academic answer was what I was looking for.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules